Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
If they are going to collaborate with other games, I would like to see Ridge Racer.

This game is already a "dead" series and there is no chance of a new game being released anymore.
But still the game has a lot of strong fans and a lot of cool and realistic fantasy cars (more than Lego and Minecraft).
The combination of Forza's great physics and Ridge Racer's cool cars and music would definitely be one of the better collaborations.
Oh yes please. With an expansion like that, it seems like the Kamata Angelus would be my second-most used car besides the Bugatti Divo.

If they are going to collaborate with other games, I would like to see Ridge Racer.
I would LOVE to see this and seeing the beautiful Kamata Fiera, but that's not going to happen. Juggernauts like Minecraft, Fortnite or even LEGO are more important for a collab than Ridge Racer unfortunately.

They think that collaborating with Minecraft would bring excitement and hype....But it doesn't.

Last edited:
The biggest draw in terms of licensing would be Minecraft simply because it's a Microsoft IP; however, so is Halo and now Fallout as well.

All of them are feasible, but I really hope they do something different with Expansion 2 instead of a crossover since it will be hard to outdo the Hot Wheels expansion from FH3.

The down under leak we saw earlier still makes me think of Mad Max. Frankie Beaumont's outfit just adds to that, as does the absence of the '73 Falcon.

I can’t believe we’re finally here, the week where we get our first new Audi road car since the R8 in April of 2016 :D

I already know I’ll be driving pretty much nothing but the TT RS till the next new RS car arrives into the game :D
Just beware that, until they patch it, there's a rear bumper mod that doesn't actually exist - the car has the Audi Sport kit available which looks nice, but the rear bumper simply deletes the existing one, leaving a black void where it should be.

Just beware that, until they patch it, there's a rear bumper mod that doesn't actually exist - the car has the Audi Sport kit available which looks nice, but the rear bumper simply deletes the existing one, leaving a black void where it should be.
You know what, I’m disappointed but not surprised by that at all :lol:

Hopefully they’ll patch it with the next update, but I don’t have high hopes :rolleyes:

Still, as long as the car itself is bug free, I’ll be a very happy Audiphile :D

Crackpot expansion theory:

1643130710783.png

It's not that far from Mexico, right?

A true open world Colorado remake with seasons? Sign me in!
I think the first game is likely to be remastered one day but I doubt it'll be this generation. I'd love to be proved wrong though. The lo-res graphics are the main thing which prevent me from revisiting it.

Going back to Colorado would get me right in the feels.

Would the rally expansion be apart of the map or no? :lol:

Darius Flynt is back, and now he's an obnoxious social media influencer!

Also I'm not sure why everyone's so dead-set on it being a Minecraft expansion, other than the appearance of some licensing language in one of the credit screens somewhere. I feel like (OK, more like hope that) if they do anything it'll be some seasonal reward where you can change your avatar's head to that square pixelated guy or something.

The FH1 patch makes it look superficially much nicer but there are still awfully low-res textures around, particularly in the town.

This potential Minecraft expansion has me scratching my head, what is it supposed to entail? Will we be driving the minecart? At least all the past "branded" expansions have been related to the automotive

Have I misunderstood what Ray Tracing is, or have they enabled it in hood view? The foliage, sky and passing traffic updates across the hood in real time.

b9826e8b-d386-4526-9bdc-6becbfc94564.png

VXR
Have I misunderstood what Ray Tracing is, or have they enabled it in hood view? The foliage, sky and passing traffic updates across the hood in real time.

View attachment 1108305
That's screen-space reflections.

Essentially, it's mirroring what you see on the screen and distorting it so that it appears reflective. Almost every game does it these days, it's most obvious in racing titles.

The best way to tell if a reflection is ray-traced or not is to see if it's reflecting something (preferably in motion) in real-time that's not on the screen.

Last edited:
That's screen-space reflections.

Essentially, it's mirroring what you see on the screen and distorting it so that it appears reflective. Almost every game does it these days, it's most obvious in racing titles.

The best way to tell if a reflection is ray-traced or not is to see if it's reflecting something (preferably in motion) in real-time that's not on the screen.

If you are racing in hood-cam in Forza games, depending on the shape of the hood, the right and left extents will fade out the screen-space reflection (because there is no information to reflect) and those areas will have only more generic cube map reflections.

Forza also has a more tricky implementation of cube maps that are dynamic - though notably these are not used in hood view. If you are driving through a forest, you will see trees reflect off the car even if you are in chase cam and the elements that appear to be reflecting are theoretically behind the camera. However, you'll notice that these do not update in real time as you would expect with ray tracing, but fade (rather crudely, IMO) from one cube map to the next. You can easily see for yourself - get in a car where you can see the hood clearly from the dash cam. Switch between dash cam and hood cam. You'll see that the reflections in hood cam update much more naturally than dash cam, though with the limitations I already mentioned.

There is some other contrived cube map thing for tunnels where, I think, they scale the cube map in relation to your position in the tunnel, or something. Those are weird and jarring when they update.

@VXR

Last edited:
I found this. It looks real, but it's not from an official channel, so who knows?

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Bm4y1S7Ud
I went to the link listed in the caption of the video and found that it was an official video uploaded by the official Forza Horizon channel for China.
In other words, it's not a fake.

There may be an announcement at Forza Monthly next week. Let's wait for it.
Also, the video shows the ESRB rating, so hopefully this DLC will be available outside of China.
I really hope so, as I have been eagerly awaiting the addition of MG Xpower SV. 😭 😭 😭 😭

Also, the video shows the ESRB rating, so hopefully this DLC will be available outside of China.
I really hope so, as I have been eagerly awaiting the addition of MG Xpower SV. 😭 😭 😭 😭
I really don't care about any of the other cars, but if the Xpower SV is somehow tied to a China exclusive deal, there's going to be a riot.

View attachment 1108346
Was wandering if anybody would be able to create this gold colour with instructions thanks
Might have slightly better luck asking here. I've found they all carry over to FH5 just as well.

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv15002755

They made the announcement of Series 4 update in China ahead of time.
Perhaps this is not a China-exclusive content, but an update common to all players worldwide.

New Exclusive cars (all 45pts prize):

• 2016 NIO EP9
  • 2013 Wuling Hongguang S
  • 2015 MG MG3
  • 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0

Car Pass Content:
  • 2019 Volkswagen Golf R
  • 1992 Mazda 323 GT-R
  • 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic
  • 2005 MG Xpower SV-R
The Chinese announcement also includes other content for Season 4, but since many members of this forum, including myself, are probably not fluent in Chinese, it's probably best to wait for the English announcement for these.

In addition to the cars, look like a World Cup will be the other big update included.
Horizon World Cup

The Horizon World Cup is just around the corner, and drivers representing France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK and the US will compete in this not-to-be-missed world-class racing competition to the cheers of a large audience.

You can represent your favorite country or region, driving vehicles from different national or regional car manufacturers, and participate in the "Weekly Challenges", "Seasonal Championships" and "Playground Races" in Season 4. Players will be able to earn points for the country or region of their chosen automaker after completing the weekly season event. To ensure a level playing field between countries, we have set relevant car restrictions for each activity.

Inspired by the competitive spirit, new Horizon World Cup jerseys and car horn sounds will be unlocked in Season 4 rewards:

Clothing: British uniforms, American uniforms, German uniforms, Japanese uniforms, Italian uniforms, French uniforms

Horns: Applause, Rewind, Shatter, "Countdown 3, 2, 1", "Halo" theme P2

Really? 45 points for every reward car???
Season Rewards

In response to feedback from our players, we have scaled back the Season Rewards challenges for each season to ensure that players can complete all challenges more easily. As a result, each week and season will feature a unique set of content, for example: Season 4's Battle Royale mode will have only one challenge; in addition, each week's Season Reward will award the vehicle needed for the following week's event, and Season 4 will Season 4 will regularly feature open vehicle restrictions to allow for more options.

In addition to the many Chinese models described above, there are several other vehicles in the Season Rewards waiting to be unlocked and added to the garage.

If their statement is correct, probably all future 25 point rewards will be autoshow cars. (Or an carrior mode exclusive cars?)
The "feedback" we sent them and the "feedback" they read seem to be very different.

Back