Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
Got the Ferrari F8 but got distracted with F12021 so I’ll end up missing the SF90. Maybe it’ll be a forzathon reward at some point.

Yep for the first time since launch I'm skipping this week, I already have all the cars. Waiting for the GT3 next week and the RS4 in 3weeks.
Same for me... I'll probably complete the series anyway (depends if the weather will be good, otherwise I'd rather be cycling on the Sussex Downs), but just ...because.

It's alright this week I think in my opinion. A bit easy to complete but ok. The Trial is definitely more interesting with base models only.

@the13PeSK cycling on the Sussex Downs hey. Very nice mate, hope the weather holds out for you, enjoy.

Last edited:
Is it just my impression or the current series is the most boring one to date in terms of car rewards?
There are still a couple wheelspin cars I'm missing, and I don't want to spend stupid auction money on a pure-novelty Peel I missed when it was a seasonal reward, so I'm pretty disappointed that it looks like none of them are showing up this month. Seeing a week where the returning seasonal is a car I already have, and the hardest-to-attain reward car otherwise is a Porsche 959, made this the first time in the game's run where I figured I'd be fine skipping this season. Hopefully PG will reveal a really cool expansion next month and it'll get me back into a game I thought I'd still be putting 20 hours a week into at this point.

I've just booted up FH5 to cover off some of the Playlist... and mine is wrong.

I now have a Danger Sign (Cannonball, any S1), Drift Zone (Esquisto, S1 Drift Cars) and a Speed Trap (Levee, S2 Lamborghini), none of which are anywhere on this Series' Playlists. My Playlist shows the right events, but the map shows these instead.

All the other events - Trial, PGame, Seasonal Championships - show up in the right places. Trying to complete the wrong PR Stunts results in the 1m/1mph/1pt more bug. Successfully completing the right one results in no completion message and no reward.

Naturally a full reboot of the game fixed it, but it's mad how this sort of thing keeps happening.

Edit: Holy hell, just got a Ferrari 250 California in a Super Wheelspin.

Last edited:
First weekend to finish with 0% playlist achieved.
It may have been only a few hours of the week, but those few days were refreshing to be free of any sense of obligation and a pleasure to spend time on other things I love to do.

While I do not deny that this system has a powerful effect in keeping players in the game, I still prefer it not to be there.
Games should allow players to play when they want to play and have the freedom to take a break when they don't want to play.

Just as there are many that hate the playlist there are many that love it and you really can't satisfy everyone no matter what. But, and this is just my opinion, without the playlist FH4 would never received 160+ additional cars. There is no way all those cars were ready at launch and there was no reason PG would just add those cars in the autoshow later. Because if there was one thing FH4 didn't lack was car count.

Some say that the playlist is a chore and some even say that they don't want to be slaves to PG. I only play because I like to and when I don't like a game there's no way I would pick up a controller, so I really don't understand players that don't like to do it.
Also the playlist has multiple activities to do and most require you to race with a car. In a racing game what is different between racing like they choose for you compared to race how you choose to? Or is this even different to a FH1 progression system that some praise like it was the best thing PG ever did?

Ok, some say you must do it to get the car. Fair enough, but the requirements are so low that it really takes 30-40 minutes at max to get there. Even if the car ended in the autoshow you would still need to grind for money. And getting rewarded when playing always worked. For any game that has a reward system. You know doing specific activities to get specific rewards.
Than there are those that bring this FOMO thing to describe it as something bad. I don't get it. Cars will come back and when they do they are easily obtainable trough auction house. There is no way you won't be able to obtain a playlist car if you missed it first time.

I think... No, I believe that PG put the playlist for those that are playing the game for years, that put 1000+ hours in the game. And for those players it's working. I know that FH2 despite being a very good game, like a really good game, is missing this type of activities. Even a simple Forzathon like it was in FH3 would be a huge improvement IMO.
Anyway there are players that play the game only once a week to get the cars. After that they are gone. So those at PG are surely thinking that the playlist is working. But I wonder where is the point getting those cars if you don't play the game anyway?

I randomly managed to glitch into the crowd but I was immediately stuck.
78c24425-8d62-4e58-8c6d-2c04664f5cc4.png

Last edited:
Just as there are many that hate the playlist there are many that love it and you really can't satisfy everyone no matter what. But, and this is just my opinion, without the playlist FH4 would never received 160+ additional cars. There is no way all those cars were ready at launch and there was no reason PG would just add those cars in the autoshow later. Because if there was one thing FH4 didn't lack was car count.

Some say that the playlist is a chore and some even say that they don't want to be slaves to PG. I only play because I like to and when I don't like a game there's no way I would pick up a controller, so I really don't understand players that don't like to do it.
Also the playlist has multiple activities to do and most require you to race with a car. In a racing game what is different between racing like they choose for you compared to race how you choose to? Or is this even different to a FH1 progression system that some praise like it was the best thing PG ever did?

Ok, some say you must do it to get the car. Fair enough, but the requirements are so low that it really takes 30-40 minutes at max to get there. Even if the car ended in the autoshow you would still need to grind for money. And getting rewarded when playing always worked. For any game that has a reward system. You know doing specific activities to get specific rewards.
Than there are those that bring this FOMO thing to describe it as something bad. I don't get it. Cars will come back and when they do they are easily obtainable trough auction house. There is no way you won't be able to obtain a playlist car if you missed it first time.

I think... No, I believe that PG put the playlist for those that are playing the game for years, that put 1000+ hours in the game. And for those players it's working. I know that FH2 despite being a very good game, like a really good game, is missing this type of activities. Even a simple Forzathon like it was in FH3 would be a huge improvement IMO.
Anyway there are players that play the game only once a week to get the cars. After that they are gone. So those at PG are surely thinking that the playlist is working. But I wonder where is the point getting those cars if you don't play the game anyway?
I think for me it was just a case of "huh, weird, so this is what it's like to have a playlist I don't want to bother with" after looking forward to them neadly every single week for years across two different games. They like to mix things up, and sometimes the mix stirs up something that even I find uninspiring -- and I bought the first Forza Motorsport at Target after confusing the clerk who thought I wanted something called 'Sports'n'Motorsports'," so I've been in it for the long haul. Whatever, it's just a temporary lull, and it's nice to have a break sometimes even if there's something intrinsic about this game that makes playing it a few hours every week feel way more like classic "this is a video game" fun than a modern "this is Games As A Service" chore.

Well said.

The playlist was the natural evolution of FH3's forzathon. PG had the data to show that giving the hardcore players stuff to do would foster a recurring player base.

The big point of contention is the time-limited aspect of it. They could do a system like Halo: The Master Chief Collections passes. Instead of making their seasonal content time-limited, just add it to the game and make it permanent. (I imagine this would take some reworking of a lot of systems to make that work). Old seasons would be accessible at anytime, rewards wouldn't be timed-exclusive.

I doubt it'd be as effective as time-limiting the content though. Hence why the festival playlist isn't changing anytime soon.

Well said.

The playlist was the natural evolution of FH3's forzathon. PG had the data to show that giving the hardcore players stuff to do would foster a recurring player base.

The big point of contention is the time-limited aspect of it. They could do a system like Halo: The Master Chief Collections passes. Instead of making their seasonal content time-limited, just add it to the game and make it permanent. (I imagine this would take some reworking of a lot of systems to make that work). Old seasons would be accessible at anytime, rewards wouldn't be timed-exclusive.

I doubt it'd be as effective as time-limiting the content though. Hence why the festival playlist isn't changing anytime soon.
When it comes to the first Forza Horizon, I'll say this: nothing that game got right or (supposedly) does better than successive Horizon titles needs to be brought back as much as the 1000 Club concept does. Give people incentives to do a handful of cool, unique goals and feats for every car in the game again and I bet you the engagement numbers would skyrocket.

Check out my Eventlab creation. A nice run featuring Modern Supercars S1. About 12 miles per lap, traffic is ON, and Diff is Above Avg, 3 Laps. No challenge from the Drivatars, really. Starting from Playa Azul, race north and west to the Los Jardines circle, then west on the highway to the cloverleaf south thru the interchange. Then south and east to Gran Pantano halfway round the circle. East to the Riviera and back to Playa Azul to complete the lap. 3 Laps take about 16+ minutes. SHARE CODE = 167 227 196 Please give it a run, and a like. Let me know what your think. I may try another with the Diff higher and no traffic, with maybe Super GT. (oh, watch out for the 1st turn as it deviates from the Playa Azul course almost immediately, a sharp turn that is easy to miss).

Attachments

• 20220530_103007.jpg
    20220530_103007.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 7
Check out my Eventlab creation. A nice run featuring Modern Supercars S1. About 12 miles per lap, traffic is ON, and Diff is Above Avg, 3 Laps. No challenge from the Drivatars, really. Starting from Playa Azul, race north and west to the Los Jardines circle, then west on the highway to the cloverleaf south thru the interchange. Then south and east to Gran Pantano halfway round the circle. East to the Riviera and back to Playa Azul to complete the lap. 3 Laps take about 16+ minutes. SHARE CODE = 167 227 196 Please give it a run, and a like. Let me know what your think. I may try another with the Diff higher and no traffic, with maybe Super GT. (oh, watch out for the 1st turn as it deviates from the Playa Azul course almost immediately, a sharp turn that is easy to miss).
Thank you, it is a nice layout (a like from me), but may I suggest bumping difficulty to Pro at least and maybe a 2-lap version?

Question for those who're nerdier than I when it comes to tires. Does anyone know roughly what tire compound g-Force Sport Comp IIs would equate to in-game? I'm looking to do a proper replica of my MX5 in the game (minus the duckbill - PG, please! The other MX5s have them!) and the tire compound is the only thing I'm stumped on.

I'd say they're probably closer to street than sport, because it's a good everyday tire that edges on the side of sportiness. Sport is more inline with a Pilot Sport 4S or a Azenis RT615, a bit lower treadwear but still manageable on the street. Semi-slicks is fairly easy, that's your trackday tire (R888, Pilot Cup2R, Pirelli Trofeo and the likes) and slicks, well, are slicks.

I'd say they're probably closer to street than sport, because it's a good everyday tire that edges on the side of sportiness. Sport is more inline with a Pilot Sport 4S or a Azenis RT615, a bit lower treadwear but still manageable on the street. Semi-slicks is fairly easy, that's your trackday tire (R888, Pilot Cup2R, Pirelli Trofeo and the likes) and slicks, well, are slicks.
Appreciate it. 👍

Something has to be done about the dumbasses that can't race. I'm so goddamn tired of being rammed because the jackass I'm overtaking has the ego of a rotten banana and can't take it. I'm on your team, dumb 🤬, and now that I've left said team isn't winning anymore.

This is why I genuinely hate online racing. Why collisions are enabled in the first place is beyond my understanding. Why they're still enabled, despite this very thing being a weekly complaint is even further beyond my understanding.

Something has to be done about the dumbasses that can't race. I'm so goddamn tired of being rammed because the jackass I'm overtaking has the ego of a rotten banana and can't take it. I'm on your team, dumb 🤬, and now that I've left said team isn't winning anymore.

This is why I genuinely hate online racing. Why collisions are enabled in the first place is beyond my understanding. Why they're still enabled, despite this very thing being a weekly complaint is even further beyond my understanding.

DC9B6276-1BA7-4BAE-9EEB-33745794A7E6.png

That’s why I have about a dozen cars with this livery. I honestly don’t know if it works or it encourages the rammers to ram me even harder.

Despite that, I actually had the opposite experience today. I had a good team and in the first race our team had the top three positions with me in third. The driver ahead of me overcooked a corner and I made a clean pass for second. On the next lap, they made the same mistake in the same corner and rammed me allowing them to regain second. The driver said “sorry” several times then slowed down at the finish to allow me to get the second place back.

We won the second race easily (despite me making a bone-headed unforced error dropping me from third to last, at least there was enough time for me to get back to ninth by the end of the race) and we won the championship.

Yeah, online racing can really suck. But for me, anyway, one good online experience can make up for a dozen lousy races.

View attachment 1156742
That’s why I have about a dozen cars with this livery. I honestly don’t know if it works or it encourages the rammers to ram me even harder.

Despite that, I actually had the opposite experience today. I had a good team and in the first race our team had the top three positions with me in third. The driver ahead of me overcooked a corner and I made a clean pass for second. On the next lap, they made the same mistake in the same corner and rammed me allowing them to regain second. The driver said “sorry” several times then slowed down at the finish to allow me to get the second place back.

We won the second race easily (despite me making a bone-headed unforced error dropping me from third to last, at least there was enough time for me to get back to ninth by the end of the race) and we won the championship.

Yeah, online racing can really suck. But for me, anyway, one good online experience can make up for a dozen lousy races.
I eventually got it done with a team that wasn't full of idiots. On the second race I was braking a little too early and locking up the brakes, and my teammate kept trying to pass on the inside corner when the outside was wide open. I said to myself "Dude, you can overtake me on the outside. What are you doing?" :lol:

And you're right, one good experience can make it up for it, but for me it's always going to really hamper my experience because it's always the case when I dive into a Trial for whatever car it is that I want. 1 good experience, for every 10 bad ones or whatever the case is.

View attachment 1156742

I'm so looking you up in game for those liveries to put on my car bud 👍

This weeks Car Pass is the first that won’t even get taken out of the garage for me, just nothing particularly interesting about it. I quite like the look of the brand new RS3 Hatch, but the older sedan is just a bit bland.

I concur. If anyone has learned ANYTHING from the Drivatars in the game, its that it doesn't pay to engage other cars physically. Contact slows you down, and allows the leaders to gain ground on you even more. When it comes to the Team racing nobody brakes early into the turns, and they find it much easier to slide into you when you brake into the turns and use you as a backstop. Other times idiots sideswipe you, and then when you course correct, (especially on dirt or grass) they mistake you hitting them back accidentally as an open invitation to hit you at every opportunity throughout the series. I find the approach of avoiding all contact to be the best startegy in the Co-Op races. I am usually near the top unless the idiots prevail. ( I use the term idiots loosly, but I mean poor sportsman). :D:gtpflag:

Back