Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,663 comments
2025 Porsche Macan turbo???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_003242_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_003242_Chrome.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 6
I'm going to predict that with the new radio station, you should all get ready for "Horizon Rick Rolling".
Might be fun, but I'm betting the new station will be like Hospital Records, a place for independent synthwave and trance artists to have stuff that won't trip streaming service copyright bots. As cool as it'd be to have an actual '80s station, that'd be a hassle for PG's licensing, and you just know what they would choose would be a bit subpar.

Here are my quick predictions for Retrowave.

I'm expecting there to be some really random inclusions - but I'll be damned if this isn't the update we see the Aston Martin Lagonda come to Horizon!

I think we'll see the OG Countach as the headliner of the update, and it'll be the 80pt reward (much like the Camaro Pro Stock for last update) The new LP800 Countach will be in the car pack alongside a bunch of other new-to-Forza cars that would make a pretty nice pack IMO.

I'd also bet on the DeLorean DMC-12 coming back as a reward car for this series. Would be shocked if it isn't, considering the theme and how long it's been out of rotation on the Playlist.

Also had to chuck some honorable mentions in there, this update theme had way too many good cars to pick from. I want them all!

LAMBORGHINICountachLP400-2809_2.jpg

Festival Playlist:
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
1973 Lamborghini Countach LP 400
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL SE
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
2000 Plymouth Prowler

Car Pack:
1990 Aston Martin Lagonda
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC
2022 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4
1992 Mazda Autozam AZ-1

Honorable Mentions:
1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde
1990 Alpine GTA Le Mans
1996 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
2023 Hyundai N Vision 74 Concept
1988 Lincoln MKVII LSC
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1996 Subaru SVX
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v

Might as well make some speculations too for the Retrowave Update:

Playlist:
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1986 Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione
1980 Lotus Esprit Turbo (Spotlight Car)
1999 Honda Civic Si
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
and the return of the Delorean DMC-12 as a seasonal reward

Car Pack (if it had):
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC
1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
1991 Suzuki Samurai
1996 Dodge Stealth Turbo or the 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R

Other possibilities:
1979 Triumph TR7
2003 Aston Martin DB7 Zagato
1995 RUF CTR2
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol
2001 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
1996 HSV GTS-R
1977 Lotus Esprit S1
1998 Aston Martin Vantage V600

Last edited:
I'll go with 4 new cars and 4 returning cars for playlist unlocked via seasonal championship or photo challenge.

Returning (playlist)
1993 Porsche 928
1996 Subaru SVX
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16V or 1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans

New
2021 Hoonigan Audi RS E-Tron
2022 Lamborghini Countach (spotlight car)
1989 Ford Taurus SHO or 1990 Ford Thunderbird

Car Pack
2023 Hyundai N 74 Concept or 1988 Peugeot 405 T16 Hillclimb
2022 Delorean Alpha5
1991 Suzuki Samurai
1986 Isuzu Piazza

EDIT: I supposed the 300ZX Z31 could also be in here, considering it is one of the most requested cars at the moment.

Lots of other cool cars from this era missing the cut in my version of this playlist lol

Last edited:
It was mentioned earlier in the thread but I hope we get the Jalpa back. I know it was a pig in real life and not the sort of car that the vast majority of players would be excited to see, but I have a weird fascination with them and love driving them in the few games they’re available in.

Also, in other news. T10 are supposedly going to be remodelling a few of the older cars with inaccuracies that have been pointed out in the community for years. This will probably be a long process that'll take years to actually see in game, but cool they confirmed the news today.

T10 Quote:
Yes! We have a list of cars we're chasing down to be rebuilt - really exciting stuff. It may take a while to get them showing up in games - sourcing and building cars takes many months or even a year+ depending on how hard it is to find a museum-quality car, licensing, etc etc. When the refreshed cars do come out, it will likely be with future games as we aren't able to just swap out the old models for the new in existing games without potentially breaking other things in the process.
List of cars so far they'll be attempting to remodel, according to the closed topics on the Forza Motorsport Suggestions Hub

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Dodge Viper GTS ACR ‘99
  • Ferrari 575M Maranello 2002
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI MR 1999
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R 2000 (S15)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1993 (R32)
  • Toyota Sprinter Trueno Apex 1985 (AE86)

Whether we'll see these cars in Horizon 5 is another matter entirely as well. Perhaps for FH6?

Their own quote says they can't swap out existing models (which is understandable), so FH6 is the likely candidate. It does make me wonder why they are doing it now though if that's the case; FM8 is still relatively new and its pretty obviously going to be a long-term live service project. If they can't swap out models, then I'm not sure why they're making people aware they're being redone.

Their own quote says they can't swap out existing models (which is understandable), so FH6 is the likely candidate. It does make me wonder why they are doing it now though if that's the case; FM8 is still relatively new and its pretty obviously going to be a long-term live service project. If they can't swap out models, then I'm not sure why they're making people aware they're being redone.
If they can't replace the models, then it might not be impossible to add them as separate cars for FM.
I also think that FM has a decent chance of getting these new models because of how 'modular' this game is supposed to be. And if this game is actually a long term game.

If they can't swap out models, then I'm not sure why they're making people aware they're being redone.

The quality of some older car models is a common complaint, and it's good customer service to address the complaint directly even if they can't fix it right now. The fact that the complaint has been heard and they seemingly have permission to start working on remodelling those cars is great feedback, and gives me confidence that they will be improved in the future.

Swapping out the models is probably a lot more complicated than it sounds too - the livery mapping will most likely change, and they can't break existing liveries for a currently-supported game, the new model may have different bodykit options which would break existing car setups, and if the size and shape of the model change enough to affect their calculated aero figures and the car's handling then it would break existing Rivals ghosts and need at least a partial leaderboard wipe. Just committing to featuring the new models in a future game implies having to implement some sort of migration or block in that game for liveries and setups imported from previous games that now don't work.

Might be fun, but I'm betting the new station will be like Hospital Records, a place for independent synthwave and trance artists to have stuff that won't trip streaming service copyright bots. As cool as it'd be to have an actual '80s station, that'd be a hassle for PG's licensing, and you just know what they would choose would be a bit subpar.
A few days ago I was talking to a friend and a question came up. In the US and UK, how many years does a song's copyright last? He told me it was 35 years. If that's all, a lot of songs from the 80s could be included.

In the US and UK, how many years does a song's copyright last? He told me it was 35 years. If that's all, a lot of songs from the 80s could be included.

I believe the copyright term in the US is the date of death of the author plus 70 years. If Michael Jackson is counted as the sole author of Billie Jean, for example, it'll be copyrighted until 2079, but other people involved like the producer Quincy Jones are still alive and so if they're counted as joint authors then the copyright would currently be until at least 2094.

You can thank Disney for this, as they petitioned US politicians for decades to try to prevent Mickey Mouse from entering the public domain!

I believe the copyright term in the US is the date of death of the author plus 70 years. If Michael Jackson is counted as the sole author of Billie Jean, for example, it'll be copyrighted until 2079, but other people involved like the producer Quincy Jones are still alive and so if they're counted as joint authors then the copyright would currently be until at least 2094.

You can thank Disney for this, as they petitioned US politicians for decades to try to prevent Mickey Mouse from entering the public domain!
Thanks. Yes, I remember Disney's petitions regarding Mickey Mouse.

I just looked, it's the same in the UK as well. I'm probably going to stick with the 'independent synthwave artist station' angle--hopefully we'll be able to get, like, Meteor or Droid Bishop up in there, but I think we'll be more likely to see Lazerhawk, Carpenter Brut or similar.

Also, in other news. T10 are supposedly going to be remodelling a few of the older cars with inaccuracies that have been pointed out in the community for years. This will probably be a long process that'll take years to actually see in game, but cool they confirmed the news today.

T10 Quote:

List of cars so far they'll be attempting to remodel, according to the closed topics on the Forza Motorsport Suggestions Hub

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)

Whether we'll see these cars in Horizon 5 is another matter entirely as well. Perhaps for FH6?

The Focus and Viper were perhaps some of the worst most disproportionate ones of them all so I'm really happy to see them getting rebuilt, the infamous Silvia is also a big plus. Really glad they've been transparent about this and I can't wait to see these finally looking right in a few years.

Maybe this even opens the door for some more rebuilt cars in the far future. Just hope it doesn't take nearly 20 years this time.

I only like to hear one sound when I'm driving... the engine! Especially if it's one of these from today...
View attachment 1355705View attachment 1355706View attachment 1355707View attachment 1355708View attachment 1355709View attachment 1355710
Someone had a great day out at Glorious Goodwood bud. Some very nice cars there indeed that you've been driving. I'm not jealous at all, not at all, not a bit, not even on little tiny weeny bit........ok I am. I'd kill to drive that Aston bud.👍

T10 Quote:

• BMW M3 1992 (E30)
  • Ford Focus RS 2003
  • Mazda RX-7 1997 (FD3S)

A bit...late to say the least, but FINALLY!!

It's beyond me they took this long, and cars like the Focus RS are even beyond me, being a Horizon 2 car, and instead of doing it from...the ground up, they reused the SVT model from the old Forza days. So wasted time and resources on something they eventually had to do right. A few are indeed missing from the list (essentially all surviving FM1-FM2 cars at this point) but in there are some of the worst offenders by far.

I really hope this is the beginning of a true change here, I really want to feel excited for Forza again, and even though these are good news, a lot of work is still ahead to rerail things ahead.

A bit...late to say the least, but FINALLY!!

It's beyond me they took this long, and cars like the Focus RS are even beyond me, being a Horizon 2 car, and instead of doing it from...the ground up, they reused the SVT model from the old Forza days. So wasted time and resources on something they eventually had to do right. A few are indeed missing from the list (essentially all surviving FM1-FM2 cars at this point) but in there are some of the worst offenders by far.

I really hope this is the beginning of a true change here, I really want to feel excited for Forza again, and even though these are good news, a lot of work is still ahead to rerail things ahead.
Better late than never ... BTW there are some axle alignment issues on some cars as well, GOLF MK4 R32 being one of them

Last edited:
If they can't replace the models, then it might not be impossible to add them as separate cars for FM.
I also think that FM has a decent chance of getting these new models because of how 'modular' this game is supposed to be. And if this game is actually a long term game.
"2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R (Taylor's Version)"

re: the wider discussion, it's satisfying to see awareness of the THUB and SHUB on the Forza Forums. The voting topics are intended to help highlight the scale of player interest in each issue, and also offer systematic transparency with the players about which issues are being acted on or are still open. As you see above we're also paying attention to Reddit (and GTPlanet and other channels), but THUB/SHUB is our primary source and is working as intended. Please do keep voting and providing details there - it makes a positive difference!

Back