Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,687 comments
Esprits are always welcome
I think this outright confirms '80s Movies and TV Cars as the theme; this Esprit was in two Bond movies, The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977 and For Your Eyes Only in 1981. Most relevant is probably For Your Eyes Only; I can't believe I didn't think about Bond's Esprits, damn.

knight rider kitt GIF

This was quite popular in Mexico back in the day.

Wait, sorry, what leak?
This one:

Found something interesting again, this time a file containing various (new) cars. Keep in mind these are just reference. Things like textures, 3D models, sound doesn't exist yet for the new cars at this point. Again these cars might not get added to the game. Here is the highlight of the new cars found within the file.

AST_Lagonda_90 (Aston Martin Lagonda)
KTM_XBowGT2_20 (We have the GT4 version currently)
FOR_MustangSVT_03 (I think this one is newer than the one in game?)
FOR_EconolineDeberti_61 (Crazy build, look it up)
JAG_FTypeSVR_20 (Jaguar FType SVR, Facelifted version of the one in game)
BEN_FlyingSpur_19
BMW_M3_21
SAL_S7LM_17 (Saleen S7 LM, 1300hp)
MAS_MC20_22 (Yup)

The rest of the new cars are coming next update
FER_Roma_21
FER_296GTB_22
LAM_SC20_21
LAM_HuracanTecnica_23

I'll include the file so you can check it out by yourself. (scroll down on the file to see the cars mentioned here)
No guarantees, but everything except the Lagonda '90, Flying Spur '19 and the evasive MC20 are now in the game.

Last edited:
We got the Conti GTC, so they may have switched away from the Flying Spur at the last moment. I'd be happy with both though to be honest.

The Esprit is a great choice for a returning car. Looking forward to the stream tomorrow!

I think this outright confirms '80s Movies and TV Cars as the theme; this Esprit was in two Bond movies, The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977 and For Your Eyes Only in 1981. Most relevant is probably For Your Eyes Only; I can't believe I didn't think about Bond's Esprits, damn.
If we're talking movie cars, could we perhaps get the 2000 BMW Z8 back from FH4/FM7?

car_217_1_5bb6a17611765.jpg

I knoooooow, that would be my dream for this update. Unfortunately you'd have to go through Stellantis to get it, but man if they do I'd be all over it, just like I was with the Terminator two months ago.
That may also add another barrier, except one that can't be torn down - destruction of old concept cars. GM just did this to two old concept cars not too long ago.

One of them is the 1990 Cadillac Aurora from Demolition Man: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60703876/1990-cadillac-aurora-concept-photo-destroyed/
The other is a obscure Pontiac concept from 2001, the REV concept: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60735409/2001-pontiac-rev-concept-destroyed-photo/

The former has some interesting history as described, and the subsequent link directs you to IMCDb's entry of the sole Cadillac Aurora on said site. Both of these cars were worn out and are now pretty much scrap metal.

Last edited:
By the way, what is up with the Trial this week?

I took the lead in race 1, then the AI shoved past me, and half a lap later they were multiple corners ahead of me and pulling away like crazy, whereas I was easily holding second place. It felt bizarre.

Looks like they went all in with the retrowave A E S T H E T I C on the "starting soon" part of the livestream (music, VHS effects). Let's see if this is a hint towards how retrowave this update is. Would be funny if you could play the game with a "VHS filter" as part of this update.

EDIT: Hyundai N Vision 2074 Concept :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Im digging the 80s theme music
Looks like they went all in with the retrowave A E S T H E T I C on the "starting soon" part of the livestream (music, VHS effects). Let's see if this is a hint towards how retrowave this update is. Would be funny if you could play the game with a "VHS filter" as part of this update.

Back