Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,891 comments
Oh no mate. I'm just not a fan of nuts. I like almonds, but that's it. Anything else nut flavoured I just can't do.

I'm up for glitzing your drink up though. Might ask for an umbrella in my cuppa next time I'm in Starbucks. It'll be interesting to see the response 😂😂
Maybe hundreds and thousands might be a suitable substitute sprinkle instead? Might have to order it under an assumed name and hope nobody you know is in the store 😅

Last edited:
Might have to order it under an assumed name and hope nobody you know is in the store 😅
Nah, just ask for it straight up. I'm ex RAF, I'm an old squaddie. Anything for a good laugh. Use to know a lad who would always give his name as Carlos Fandango just to hear the barrista shout it out. Childish but extremely funny.

We just going to ignore this?
Added – media/UI/Videos/pgc2794_start_screen_series_34.bk2

We'll be getting some kind of special start screen for this series, possibly once the season changes on Thursday
Might just be the main screen for the series when you go to the festival playlist.

I wouldn't put much stock in the Oxxo rumour as I don't want to Bisto any credibility upon it, but you never Knorr.
🏳️🏳️🏳️. I admit defeat @UKMikey I can't think of a reply. Touché Sir, touché.

Magic No GIF by Morphin
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

(If I remember right PG got to scan not just HiCar and LowCar but also HiTruck and LowTruck, and some of the Money Pit cars, so we definitely haven't seen the last of Donut Media at Horizon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.)

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

(If I remember right PG got to scan not just HiCar and LowCar but also HiTruck and LowTruck, and some of the Money Pit cars, so we definitely haven't seen the last of Donut Media at Horizon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.)
You are right bud, but unfortunately I have to side with @Famine on this one. In my opinion the Donut Media stuff was awful. The cars and races were ok but the lads are far too loud and shouty. It's the only FH5 content I've never gone back to and replayed since completing it first time around.

For my British friends on here and anyone else unlucky enough to have ever experienced EastEnders this is for you.

Go to the Car Horns menu, scroll down through the sound effects menu and then press X to sample the 'Synth Toms' horn.

😂😂😂

You are right bud, but unfortunately I have to side with @Famine on this one. In my opinion the Donut Media stuff was awful. The cars and races were ok but the lads are far too loud and shouty. It's the only FH5 content I've never gone back to and replayed since completing it first time around.
I mean, same here, but that's also because I don't go back to Horizon Stories anyway. I still haven't completed the Test Driver stuff yet. But more to the point, I think the Donut Media things were alright for their intended goal, which is cross-promo. They might fall into the trap of being forced to abide by FH5's tropes but they feel like they were trying their best to be their own thing rather than 'Playground writes a Donut Media episode so that everyone is in awe of Horizon.'

Also there was such an improvement between Part One (ew, obvious retread of a prior Series in Horizon Customs and 'Donut Media is in charge of the Playlist so we're going to do something silly like make you use a FOMO car for the PR stunts, aren't they so random?') and Part Two (actual Playlist theming around what Donut does, a Story that actually tries to mimic Donut's presentation, and the first Car Pack? That's good stuff!) that I kinda have to bring it up. I'm actually kinda looking forward to whenever Part Three comes around.

Complete change of subject I'm afraid. I've just been on the game to complete today's daily challenge. While on I thought I'd check my Horizon Hall Of Fame position.

The top 40 spots almost have filled up over night with cheaters!!!! I'm not an angel, I exploited the replay certain Horizon Stories for Hall Of Fame points when we could. But this is just taking the piss. Hopefully they'll get removed soon.

1000009160.png

Last edited:
Oh no mate. I'm just not a fan of nuts. I like almonds, but that's it. Anything else nut flavoured I just can't do.

I'm up for glitzing your drink up though. Might ask for an umbrella in my cuppa next time I'm in Starbucks. It'll be interesting to see the response 😂😂
There's only one thing nuts around here...
I'll have to Google Oxxo, heard of 7-Eleven but not Oxxo.
Do they have gravy granules in Mexico?
Rest in peace Lynda Bellingham (you'd never believe from this that she was naked in the first Sweeney movie!)

Complete change of subject I'm afraid. I've just been on the game to complete today's daily challenge. While on I thought I'd check my Horizon Hall Of Fame position.

The top 40 spots almost have filled up over night with cheaters!!!! I'm not an angel, I exploited the replay certain Horizon Stories for Hall Of Fame points when we could. But this is just taking the piss. Hopefully they'll get removed soon.

View attachment 1357422
On the plus side, we now know the maximum number that you can get!

There's only one thing nuts around here...

Do they have gravy granules in Mexico?
Rest in peace Lynda Bellingham (you'd never believe from this that she was naked in the first Sweeney movie!)

On the plus side, we now know the maximum number that you can get!

I'm off to watch a movie 😜😜😜, with a coffee with an umbrella in it.

I mean, same here, but that's also because I don't go back to Horizon Stories anyway. I still haven't completed the Test Driver stuff yet. But more to the point, I think the Donut Media things were alright for their intended goal, which is cross-promo. They might fall into the trap of being forced to abide by FH5's tropes but they feel like they were trying their best to be their own thing rather than 'Playground writes a Donut Media episode so that everyone is in awe of Horizon.'

Also there was such an improvement between Part One (ew, obvious retread of a prior Series in Horizon Customs and 'Donut Media is in charge of the Playlist so we're going to do something silly like make you use a FOMO car for the PR stunts, aren't they so random?') and Part Two (actual Playlist theming around what Donut does, a Story that actually tries to mimic Donut's presentation, and the first Car Pack? That's good stuff!) that I kinda have to bring it up. I'm actually kinda looking forward to whenever Part Three comes around.
I´m afraid that you are right. i think that a possible part 3 of the Donut Media Story is lurking on the horizon. But like you said, they are getting better: from totally obnoxious to slightly less obnoxious. So there is hope that it won´t be too bad.

So would I bud. I'm 6ft 5 and just over 18 stone. I love Kei cars but I'll never fit in one 😂😂😂.

I'd love to drive a selection of them in game one day.
I would certianly welcome some kei cars in FH5. They are fun little things.
And like @Edax 76 in terms of height, I am more on the top end of the growth chart (6ft 7, 200cm) so I too will never get to drive them IRL 😅

I´m afraid that you are right. i think that a possible part 3 of the Donut Media Story is lurking on the horizon. But like you said, they are getting better: from totally obnoxious to slightly less obnoxious. So there is hope that it won´t be too bad.
To be fair I don't think Donut Media Part 3 is imminent, whatever Cafe Horizon (Series 36, most likely) brings will be first, but I do think we're coming up on the annual Horizon Story drop now. We'll have to see all around.

I saw these and pretty much immediately named Series 36 'Café Horizon'. It's probably the most likely name for the Series considering past naming trends, and especially considering this might be an Evolving World update.

What I'm betting this most likely is is a moving Evolving World outpost, not unlike the one in Race-Off and Horizon Anniversary, that doesn't really do anything mechanically. Every week it'll be in a different place around the map and there'll be Daily Challenges revolving around visiting it whereever it pops up, but there won't be a community challenge centered around it or anything.

However, considering we just got a new radio station with a brand new character that probably required a whole-ass recording session you'd probably book for the entire FH5 voice cast... I'm gonna be bold and suggest this is going to add a Horizon Story. Mexico, and especially Latin America as a whole, is a top exporter of coffee beans, and considering the tone and writing of a lot of these Stories, they could easily get away with a Horizon Story that not only educates the player about coffee production, but also includes some top-quality supercars to exposit about, because Cars and Coffee. We tend to get about three Horizon Stories a year, and we're probably still due for Donut Media Part Three eventually, so this is probably the first one of the year.
I reckon you're on the money with this - a Horizon Story makes perfect sense.

It could work very similarly to the business stories in FH4, like World's Fastest Rentals. Upfront cost to buy in and then you get a daily payout for it.

As for what cars could come with it, high-end supercars for "super fast deliveries" would make sense. Although it could be anything really. Would love the Kei cars people are suggesting but I highly doubt we'll ever get them. But I'd love to be wrong.

I try to stay away from this abusive relationship, but it keeps doing this.

I've got GRID's number again, and also had some thoughts about NFS Heat with that Unite thing that us both had previously talked about. I hung out a bit with GTA V, tried out this older lady Sim City 3000; I already knew her before from a far, but never talked to her. I met her on Steam, she said she didn't usually go there, but that she wanted to try something new.

...but this is how they get you to come back, right? A few cool gifts and a promise this time it will be different.

"Couldn't we get some hard-to-find cars as prizes for events/championships, or on the Forzathon shop, honey? Or maybe just as rare Super Wheelspin prizes, this way even if you don't get it, you can buy it on the auction house..?"

Forza: "Quiet!"

It could work very similarly to the business stories in FH4, like World's Fastest Rentals. Upfront cost to buy in and then you get a daily payout for it[...]
"Honey, shouldn't we think about our future? We should start a business, in the long run it'll work out.."

Forza: "Here, have some cool old cars. Some I already had lying around, but you should be thankful I'm even bothering to pick them up from the floor for you".

It could work very similarly to the business stories in FH4, like World's Fastest Rentals. Upfront cost to buy in and then you get a daily payout for it.
I actually never played any of FH4; this is very much new to me. Probably got folded into the player house benefits here in FH5, 'cause I really, really don't see FH5 doin' anything quite like this with the way the Accolades work. :P (Just another way FH5's simplified mechanics between games I guess.)

As it is, I bet it's either just a dumb Evolving World thing (which, considering the roll that the Evolving World team has been on as of late, would be very disappointing) or just genuinely Cars and Coffee with Educational/Informational Content(tm) about how coffee is made in Latin America. We're due for Story drops so it could very well be the latter but I won't be surprised if it's the former.

As for what cars could come with it, high-end supercars for "super fast deliveries" would make sense. Although it could be anything really. Would love the Kei cars people are suggesting but I highly doubt we'll ever get them. But I'd love to be wrong.
If we are getting a Horizon Story out of this then it's very likely the supercars; if anything, 'super fast deliveries' can translate into things like the Venom 1200, if indeed that's actually something PG is working on adding. Heck, if Modern Horizons is just the last sort of marketing partner-led car update before the mass Horizon Story drop like I suspect it is now, it'd be a good way to ring in the new major content; I wouldn't dare add kei cars to an update like that, you gotta motivate the average player to engage with that content somehow, lol.

Oh dear God. You really could be on to something there bud. I really don't want anymore Donut Media content.

"I would certianly welcome some kei cars in FH5. They are fun little things.
And like @Edax 76 in terms of height, I am more on the top end of the growth chart (6ft 7, 200cm) so I too will never get to drive them IRL 😅
[/QUOTE]"

6ft 7, good effort mate. It's great being tall isn't it until you come to doorways and nice cars you know you'll never drive 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I still have to complete it for that reason 😅

Donut Media was indeed aweful in FH5, but IVT implemented it WAY better in The Crew Motorfest. Ok it’s still the same annoying shouting dudes but at least they don’t go in cringe overdrive like in FH5.

On another topic, I like my new Wave radio station 80s vibes 😎 (me = kid from the 80s)

Back