Forza Horizon Demo Trailer 9th October

Sounds like you're not actually hitting the clutch, but hitting the handbrake instead, have you tried the 'switch handbrake and clutch' option in the controller settings menu?

You know what? You're probably right. I'll have to check my settings carefully next time. Thanks.

I thought of something. Anyone else notice that when you "win" the Mustang, the PI is a perfect 400?

I think the cars all feel like they have sport/race tires because they are literally Auto-Upgraded that way. Remember that FM4 can't keep its grubby paws off of any car it gifts you; it always messes with the parts. We can't even look at the parts in this demo.

I thought of something. Anyone else notice that when you "win" the Mustang, the PI is a perfect 400?

I think the cars all feel like they have sport/race tires because they are literally Auto-Upgraded that way. Remember that FM4 can't keep its grubby paws off of any car it gifts you; it always messes with the parts. We can't even look at the parts in this demo.
I feel so dumb for not thinking about that :lol: But you're right, whenever you were gifted something, it wasn't stock. But FM4 upgraded the cars to the top of the class, didn't it?

That makes perfect sense. Good observation.

Somewhat disappointed with the demo. Feels like a much smaller TDU2 in pretty much every aspect (except maybe the car roster), only with a decent physics engine this time.

Driving isn't bad but isn't what was promised in the interviews. It's very arcadish. Driving with a wheel is undoubtedly enjoyable, but it feels very limited compared to Forza 4.

Still getting it, nice vistas + cool choice of cars + open roads = nice game in perspective. But I fear it will not last very long.

Well, Forza 4 is still there alive and kickin' :dopey:

Played it again today for a while..it just as enjoyable second time around.. i like the little things, like if you hit hit the sign which say 'upgrade' on the side of the road you get money off upgrades..and i like the speed traps as well!👍

I pre-orrdered the the game from gamestation yesterday :)

I feel so dumb for not thinking about that :lol: But you're right, whenever you were gifted something, it wasn't stock. But FM4 upgraded the cars to the top of the class, didn't it?

Pretty much, I think all the reward cars in my FM4 garage are either at the top of their class, or about 1 point off.

I downloaded and played this last night and enjoyed it. I played it this morning and had to do the first race in the Viper with Flint McIronstag or whatever his too too precious name was in the Ferrari before I could get back to free roaming. In the southern section of dirt roads which are a loop, there's a barn where you can crash through the fence and explore the property. Since there are barn finds in the full game, I tried to find a way to open the barn door but couldn't figure it out.

I am really looking forward to the full game where I can get myself some fun little classic sports car and just drive at my leisure. I ordered the LCE a couple of weeks ago. This demo is just making me want it more.

To everyone who's played the demo:

I'm sure some have already noticed this but haven't paid particular attention to it, but for those of you who like the music (such as myself) you'll notice at certain points during the demo the volume will suddenly lower just a tad and then resume as it normally were, this could quite possibly be where the DJ would intervene and inform you of a nearby barn find.

Explore as much of the available map that you can, especially the dirt trails, and pay attention to where it happens.

EDIT: Flint McIronstag. I'm naming my kid that. :lol:

I do like the music, but I'll be plugging my iPod into my Turtle Beach PX3 box and blowing out Deadmau5's new album :D that's what I'm looking forward to most

EDIT: Flint McIronstag. I'm naming my kid that. :lol:

I stole that from the MST3K episode "Space Mutiny". They give the hero of the movie about 2 dozen names like that. I strongly recommend you watch it. It's one of the funniest episodes of one the funniest TV shows ever.

Keeping this on track, I plan on taking your advice and noting those music drop outs.

I've really enjoyed the demo. I'm really happy with the "physics" for whatever that's worth... I know that people will come down on both sides of that argument, but count me as pleased. Gameplay seems fun, engaging, and challenging. When I set the difficulty to the same level I play in F4, I didn't do much winning, and did a lot of bouncing off the guardrails. I'm going to have to learn how to drive without the braking line!

Really looking forward to the release of this game.

One more thing: Love the road layouts, what a great variety of roads with good visibility and blind corners, elevation changes, some smooth, some undulating. All require a different driving style to navigate safely and smoothly. I've found myself saying "100 mph is fast enough for this stretch of road" and upshifting to hold speed instead of keeping it on the floor... Sound a little like an authentic driving experience?

^ I wonder how long it will take to memorize all of the roads. I love the point-to-point racing, especially now with rivals. I still wish and still hope that adjustments can be made in cockpit view.

I was free roaming last night, hunting down and running over the upgrade signs. It helps that they're marked on the map with small red dots. By the time I was done, I had taken out 10 of 100 signs. So is it safe to assume that this map is approximately 1/10th the size of the full map?

I also noticed I can use the map to mark routes to the other two visible sections of the map and the game will mark it out with green lines, but the game won't actually allow you to drive it yet. That's not surprising, but it's odd to hear the game GPS tell you you're doing it wrong when the game itself won't let you follow the path you mapped out.

You know, I noticed something. The distance between the Recaro Rush and the Mustang vs. Mustang races is somewhere around 3 kilometers. Judging by that, the whole map would actually span roughly 15 x 12 kilometers. That's 180 square kilometers or 112 square miles.

Just a rough estimation, but the mao sure is bigger than the "63 square miles" that have been brought up. Just wanted to get that out of my system, really.

Also, it took me about an hour to drive on 12/219 roads in the demo. Drive on the roads themselves, mind you, let alone fully exploring the map we're given. Going by that, I'd have to spend something like15 hours or so with just driving along in order to drive on every road. Just to fully uncover the main roads.

Hunting for Barn Finds or Discount Signs, for example, would go extra. And given that I only did like two events, I'd figure that you'd have to add A LOT of time on top of that just to actually get somewhere.

So, I'll have to say this: This game may appear small if you compare the size of the map to the likes of TDU. However, what space it has is very well used and seems to be filled to the brim with content. It's not a small game by any stretch of imagination.

You know, I noticed something. The distance between the Recaro Rush and the Mustang vs. Mustang races is somewhere around 3 kilometers. Judging by that, the whole map would actually span roughly 15 x 12 kilometers. That's 180 square kilometers or 112 square miles.

Just a rough estimation, but the mao sure is bigger than the "63 square miles" that have been brought up. Just wanted to get that out of my system, really.

Also, it took me about an hour to drive on 12/219 roads in the demo. Drive on the roads themselves, mind you, let alone fully exploring the map we're given. Going by that, I'd have to spend something like15 hours or so with just driving along in order to drive on every road. Just to fully uncover the main roads.
On the main forums, a couple people said that 1 developer claimed it would take around 45 minutes to drive the circumference of the map. Judging by what you experienced, that actually sounds rather possible.

As I recall it takes around 45 minutes to drive the circumference of TDU's Oahu. They had a race event for that in the first game.

On the main forums, a couple people said that 1 developer claimed it would take around 45 minutes to drive the circumference of the map. Judging by what you experienced, that actually sounds rather possible.
It sound entirely plauslible. If the roads were perfectly straight, you'd still have to travel about ~50 kilometers / 30 miles to do so, based on my assumptions above. Given how windy most roads in Horizon actually are, I'd say that you'll have to actually double that. At 100km/60 miles, which seems very possible, you'd have to avaerage 130km/h or 80mp/h to make it in 45 minutes.

Yeah, I'd say that that's entirely possible. Maybe not in the fastest of cars, but in something like the Evo? Seems quite likely.

As I recall it takes around 45 minutes to drive the circumference of TDU's Oahu. They had a race event for that in the first game.

I used to hold the #1 spot for that race in the Mclaren F1 GTR, think my time was around 53 minutes, that record has long gone though :lol:

Y'know..when they first announced Horizon i wasnt really convinced, i dont know why but it was just a bit meh to me, but now iv seen the screenshots, watched the videos and played the demo (twice) words cannot describe how excited iam!...why isnt it the 26th yet?!

Latest Posts

Back