Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
Okay guys, before getting carried away, check the wording.
In addition, fans who pre-order “Forza Horizon” at participating U.S. retailers will receive an additional token, while supplies last, to unlock one of the following five cars that will be instantly available when the game launches this October...

FM4 already has tokens to unlock cars instantly without needing to purchase/earn them, right? This sounds like the exact same thing. You get a boost in the career mode with one of the five cars right off the bat.

On another note, I happened across an answer to whether or not we can still paint custom liveries...according to Greenawalt that feature is alive and well, and kinda obvious (skip to 8:12):

The key word here is download, which implies they aren't included, now the only thing is whether or not these 5 are the same as the VIP pack. This is just a big insult in the face to Forza fans. These are relatively popular cars and they seem to be withholding them as bargaining pieces. I never liked how they dealt with the pre-order bonuses like in Forza.

I'm on the fence on this one. I'm not impressed at all with this though.

Ya, I agree. I will most likely just rent this anyways.

If you guys really want those cars, which if I was pre-ordering I would, just pre-order from multiple places then cancel. That is if they are handing out the "tokens" immediately when you pre-order.

I really don't understand why the 458 is pre-order only. That is a pretty popular car. I am liking their pre-order model less and less.

Hmmmm. The way Wolfe put it also makes sense.... Hopefully T10 can clarify.

But, I am excited to see what kind of Rally is going to be in the game, if any. Maybe they'll include an event editor like TDU2 where you can set up your own race course? Probably not...

I also read that people who had pre-ordered from GameStop, or know people who work there, have stated they were told the release has been pushed into 2013 (FM.net). Any truth to this?

I also read that people who had pre-ordered from GameStop, or know people who work there, have stated they were told the release has been pushed into 2013 (FM.net). Any truth to this?
No.

gamestopt.jpg

DAMN IT!!! I was really hoping we wouldn't see preorder cars exclusive to where you preorder. I CAN NOT STAND THIS STUPID PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a car that is modded, painted, and tuned for that place so a GameStop car with GS livery and all. But give EVERYONE that car on the disk! This is beyond retarded to have the fans, the buying public, have to choose where they want to preorder just to get a car!! I know we will probably get access to these cars later on but that's like adding salt on open wounds since you have to pay for them.

I like the Forza series...but I have always, and will always despise T10, Microsoft, and Dan. They all seem to be scum out for easy profit exploiting their customers.

Yup the more I hear and see, the more I know this is only a rental.
Just watched the entire video. Liveries confirmed at 8:39. Thats great news!
The "racing a plane" idea is similar to FUEL. You race a helicopter across the offroad world in some of the events.

I don't have a problem with Pre-orders with different cars with select retailers. This is not just T10 deal, its the retailers as well who make a deal with T10 to get a exclusive car for there stores only. We all have a choice to get a reg edition or pay $20 more for the LCE and you have a choice to buy and download DLC content. All game publishers do this, this is how they make more money beyond the sale of the game. DLC content also keeps the game updated with new content to keep you playing and puts money back in the publishers to pay for the next game. T10 did this with Forza 4 and I believe everything exclusive or with the LCE sooner or later came out as a DLC.

If its an early access code and the Golf R and 370z are amongst the five, then chances are you might be starting out in something older, that as plenty of kudos but relatively low performance?

Okay guys, before getting carried away, check the wording.

"In addition, fans who pre-order “Forza Horizon” at participating U.S. retailers will receive an additional token, while supplies last, to unlock one of the following five cars that will be instantly available when the game launches this October..."

FM4 already has tokens to unlock cars instantly without needing to purchase/earn them, right? This sounds like the exact same thing. You get a boost in the career mode with one of the five cars right off the bat.

This quote makes it seem as though these cars are in the game and available to everyone. I believe I heard on one of the videos that cars need to be unlocked in this game. The preorder cars are just codes to have the car unlocked as soon as you receive the game.

One thing, I though Ferrari would only let their brand in a open world game if it was on PS3? I thought I heard about a exclusive deal with playstation. I may be wrong.

This quote makes it seem as though these cars are in the game and available to everyone. I believe I heard on one of the videos that cars need to be unlocked in this game. The preorder cars are just codes to have the car unlocked as soon as you receive the game.
Lets hope that that is the case.

Anyways, from what I've seen in the picture threat, someof the cars in FM4 are already equipped with pop-up headlamps. Dunno whether that has been done in preperation of Forza 5 or Horizon, but if it's the latter, then the AE86 (among others) would be in FH.

Would make a good starter car. Would love to drive one on the open road with a few modifications.

One thing, I though Ferrari would only let their brand in a open world game if it was on PS3? I thought I heard about a exclusive deal with playstation. I may be wrong.

Ferrari are present in TDU2 on Xbox.

Anyways, from what I've seen in the picture threat, someof the cars in FM4 are already equipped with pop-up headlamps. Dunno whether that has been done in preperation of Forza 5 or Horizon, but if it's the latter, then the AE86 (among others) would be in FH.

Would make a good starter car. Would love to drive one on the open road with a few modifications.
Huh? I don't quite follow. I would consider the AE86 virtually guaranteed, though. Mountain roads and "culture" cars? Definitely.

I'm just worried about older "siblings" of cars that are already confirmed or likely to be included. The FC/SA RX-7s, R32 GT-R, Celica Supra, that sort of thing. They're being coy with the car list so we don't even know how many have been cut. Or has anyone read/heard a number?

This is worse than forza 4. Atleast in Forza 4 they were new additions and not high class, but now I have to choose between a 458 and a friggin SLS AMG? I drive those daily in f4 and cant imagine not having access to both of them.

My thoughts exactly, I drive the Virage a lot in GT5 too. The only saving grace will be that everyone gets them but the pre-order codes let you start the game in the car. Let's hope this is the case...

Huh? I don't quite follow. I would consider the AE86 virtually guaranteed, though. Mountain roads and "culture" cars? Definitely.
Courtesy of pictureghost1:

7179086183_95ea1ae834.jpg

7179083723_3dd1917bd0.jpg

I'm just worried about older "siblings" of cars that are already confirmed or likely to be included. The FC/SA RX-7s, R32 GT-R, Celica Supra, that sort of thing. They're being coy with the car list so we don't even know how many have been cut. Or has anyone read/heard a number?
200 is the only number I've heard so far. Can't provide a source, though, so take that with a huge grain of salt.

And I also hope that we get a good amount of those "classic" driver's cars.

Regarding the "Acceelerator Tokes": I don't mind those. THey're basically like the car tokens in FM4. If that's what people get for preordering, I wouldn't care one bit. Because, quite frankly, it doesn't concern me one bit if someone gets access to a given car early. Doesn't affect me in the slightest. As long as I can get the cars the normal way, I'll be good.

Challenger_PreOrder_WM.png

Ugly.. Anyways. I'm not too sure on the purchase of this game. I love the open world setting , but I think they sacrificed too many things to make it look kiddish and fun for the other groups of players (Family's) I wish they put the thoughts of the hardcore racing fans and the simulator fans first. A arcade mode and a Simulation mode of physics would be loved..

Ugly.. Anyways. I'm not too sure on the purchase of this game. I love the open world setting , but I think they sacrificed too many things to make it look kiddish and fun for the other groups of players (Family's) I wish they put the thoughts of the hardcore racing fans and the simulator fans first. A arcade mode and a Simulation mode of physics would be loved..

Although I don't necessarily agree with your statement, I also believe this is why we'll eventually be getting a Forza 5 on the next xbox console. By no means am I knocking your post because I'm a firm believer in "to each its own;" but I think it's a cool that they're releasing a game like this for people like myself who are car enthusiasts and often want to drive somewhere else other than race tracks. On another note, I guess I'll be getting a SLS :D.

How many more times do they need to say the physics are still sim? Just because it has a storyline, doesn't mean to say in online or single player events it can't be as sim oriented as you like.

VXR
How many more times do they need to say the physics are still sim? Just because it has a storyline, doesn't mean to say in online or single player events it can't be as sim oriented as you like.
I suppose that, for some people, getting points for crashing into stuff turns a game into kid's stuff. That doesn't cover my opinion, but I can actually see where that is coming from.

As far as the physics go, yes, it's still a sim. But it is more of a casual game than FM4. Think The Sims-casual vs. StarCraft II-hardcore, which would be more in line with what FM4 was.

Personally, I believe that FH will largely be what you're making out of it. If the car roster is good and the game allows me to do whatever I feel like, I have no problems whatsoever with the more casual approach, but that might be different for other folks.

It's a new franchise with a planned two-year cycle to fill the years between each Motorsport release.

Weather effects and Porsche confirmed?
The article is in german but they translate it and it mentions the 722 mclaren.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5581616.aspx

Isn't this the same article that says there you can add neons and nos to your cars? I don't think I'd trust that one...

Also, in an interview with Fulton, I believe he stated that there will be no weather. Read Here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Hands-On-Preview-–-The-Festival-of-Life.html

'There is, however, no weather effects, Fulton said to think of it like an “endless summer.”'

Isn't this the same article that says there you can add neons and nos to your cars? I don't think I'd trust that one...

Also, in an interview with Fulton, I believe he stated that there will be no weather. Read Here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Hands-On-Preview-–-The-Festival-of-Life.html

'There is, however, no weather effects, Fulton said to think of it like an “endless summer.”'

I agree. Jury is still out on this article....Until I see something official, I don't believe it.

Back