Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
The Forza brand has really turned into a powerhouse, wide open roads, handling, car festivals & now VIP cars... somehow I don't think T10 is done surprising us before this game is released.

Yeah, I continue to be surprised at the people who aren't excited for the "open roads + proper physics" equation. It's a guaranteed win for me, at least.

I'm so tempted to get the LCE, but I don't know if I should. A lot of good games coming out around the release of Horizon.

Yeah, I continue to be surprised at the people who aren't excited for the "open roads + proper physics" equation. It's a guaranteed win for me, at least.

For me it's because in one instant they say it's the exact same physics and the next they say it's been tweaked for easier and more stylish driving. Not sure what to believe.

I won't be preordering this. I will check out the demo and that will determine whether I get the LCE or not.

I'm so tempted to get the LCE, but I don't know if I should. A lot of good games coming out around the release of Horizon.

Yea I decided long ago that I would not be shelling out any extra cash for this game after downloading every DLC for FM4 so far. Unless its something that stands out to me and I really, really want, I am just playing with what comes on disc.

Its just funny to me how super and high end cars do not tempt me at all, I would actually be more tempted with some older model cars, cars with some history.

The only car which I really want from that VIP pack is the Huayra, and in my eyes I can't justify spending £10 or £20 extra for just one or two cars as the rest of it doesn't interest me at all so I'll be getting the normal edition.

Whether it rocks your world, or utterly disappoints you, it's still nice to see driving games being released. Any new releases from the devs are worth a look at.

For me it's because in one instant they say it's the exact same physics and the next they say it's been tweaked for easier and more stylish driving. Not sure what to believe.
What I understand of it is: The physics engine is exactly the same, the setups and suspension tuning on the cars have been tweaked to be more forgiving for road driving, and the wall collisions have been tweaked so that you won't spin around in the ditch every time you brush against a guardrail, as FM4 is somewhat prone to do.

The Forza brand has really turned into a powerhouse, wide open roads, handling, car festivals & now VIP cars... somehow I don't think T10 is done surprising us before this game is released.

Powerhouse? Far from it. I think most of the addition such as off roading, day and night cycle would be far more welcomed in the motorsport franchise.

The reason people are not getting hyped is because they are uncertain. We are not 100% sure if FM4 physics are in Horizon (please do not believe in an PR) until we actually play it. We are not even sure about open roads as it looks like there will be barriers and god forbid even invisible walls.

Be patient, Max. I'm sure you'll have plenty to complain about in two months instead of grasping at straws now.

A couple of guys played the E3 demo at an event in Australia and confirmed it felt typically Forza with the aids turned off. The thread is over at the official forum.

This vid shows off a lot of footage and answers some questions, not sure if posted before, if so my apologies.

The instant race is very similar to TDU but it will only be against the AI. I wonder if it will let you pick the start and end point just like TDU. That was an amazing feature.
To free roam with friends you will have to set up a server in the multiplayer. That should work a lot better than TDU.
The part of the campaign where you race a plane is very similar to the races in FUEL where you race a helicopter.
The wristband part at the end made me laugh. So thats what everyone is going to start doing now? I thought only women collected those. No offense to the wrist band collectors out there. lol

"some kind of crop duster"
(race against the P51 Mustang)
What.

Looks like the story will be pretty embarrassing, but I wasn't even expecting one so it doesn't matter. The game progression based on bro bracelets will be another thing to politely ignore.

Nice to see more gameplay video though. :)

I'm intending to have a laugh with the dude bro antics. Turn up to festival events in tatty, low spec cars.

VXR
I'm intending to have a laugh with the dude bro antics. Turn up to festival events in tatty, low spec cars.
I am expecting the same thing. Story will probably be similar to TDU2 or the NFS stories. I do realize they are getting a lot of inspiration from TDU1 and TDU2. But I am actually surprised they are even attempting a "story" for Horizon. :odd: They should have put those resources toward weather effects. :lol: :P

VXR

If there's custom liveries, I'm going to paint my car with Bible quotes and things like "REPENT YOU SINNERS!" and big cross everywhere.

The juxtaposition will be interesting.

I completed the original NFS: Underground in a stock-looking Golf GTI. Visual mods weren't required for the last race, so my career car was "immortalized" with nothing but a lowered suspension and rims. The special mods made it damn fast too.

Lately it seems the number of classic cars in the game will be pretty healthy, so players like us will probably stand out from the underage/frat gamer crowd simply by showing up in a car built before 1990.

He unlocks an Adidas sponser for drafting. So I wonder if that has to do with clothes? I've seen a picture or video somewhere that also showed the main character standing next to his car before the race and he had some sort of hoody on. It was a video with a VW Corrado.

So no random encounters a la TDU, and no friend encounters unless it's a choice you make. I can live with that... I wasn't expecting TDU to begin with. the game's looking better and better

Latest Posts

Back