Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
On the topic of convertibles, I've read the following post by BADNED:

"It says i the description, "Is fresh looking, its peppy, it takes to upgrading nicely and with the top down, it’s a mobile tanning bed". So I mean that is some douche writing if you can't take that top off especially with them talking about open top cars being a joy to drive with the Colorado scenery."

BADNED: "Who knows, maybe you can take the top down in the garage?"
It does sound like a hint of things to come...

We all know FM4 had several open top cars in it, however the Z4 in the image that ImaRobot posted up thread always had its roof up in FM4, unlike the Z8 as shown in image below.

So hopefully many of the new cars in Horizon like the R8 GT etc will feature open tops.

7181099732_485f1c8542_z.jpg

It does seem a bit odd that the Z4 would be modelled with the roof down for this game, yet the California has been shown roof up, despite having an auto vista roof animation and therefore a top-down state...

Very good point, just noticed that the 2012 Chevy Grand Sport C06 convertible in that other image is modelled with its top down.

*The California might be a Ferrari decision.

This is the "obsession to detail" fodder that they speak of which is just BS. If a car has a convertible option, let us choose the way we want to drive it. If you have to model it twice then do it. Horizon is THE game where we should have the option for drop tops.

I agree that a menu option is almost obligatory. With what they have invested into this game already, lowered and raised tops for the convertibles should not have been difficult to render. Animations are another thing, but not essential. A simple toggle would work.

I know it's only a small thing but I wish they could of worked on tire smoke. Them little puffs of smoke you get look really rubbish and spoils the drifting aspect of the game a bit.

I don't understand it when people say "I don't know where to go next/ what to do" when they're playing a freeroam game. The whole point of a game like this is to explore- is to just drive and cruise. Pick a route and drive down it. That's what appealed to me about TDU. I'd just set up a 25 mile journey with my GPS and leisurely drive. I don't like to go at breakneck speeds unless I'm racing or have an objective that specifically requires me to go fast.
Am I alone in this point of view?

I don't understand it when people say "I don't know where to go next/ what to do" when they're playing a freeroam game. The whole point of a game like this is to explore- is to just drive and cruise. Pick a route and drive down it. That's what appealed to me about TDU. I'd just set up a 25 mile journey with my GPS and leisurely drive. I don't like to go at breakneck speeds unless I'm racing or have an objective that specifically requires me to go fast.

No you're not :-)

I like to do that too, but I can't last that long if the handling model is a dog's dinner. Thank heavens that Horizon isn't one of them.

This is exactly what I was doing in Horizon, albeit not 25 miles, maybe 10, but it was fantastic. Never played Test Drive Unlimited, either of them, because of reading about the poor physics it had, which was an immediate pass for me.

I like...um, pretending, for the lack of a better word, that I'm doing some kind of Top Gear Challenge where I have to drive from a certain area of the map, all the way across to the other end. I think I might try giving myself a challenge of doing that, but start as soon as the sun sets, and try to get from the top of the map, to the bottom furthest point, before the sun rises again, like Jeremy did the in the Jag in one of the Top Gear episodes...

I wonder if that's possible? I guess I'm going to find out. I love these types of games. :D

^^Understatment if I ever saw one. I don't see myself dropping this game at all and I haven't even played online yet. Really glad I went ahead and bought the game, despite the fact I didn't enjoy the demo. Without ISR's detailed review showing what the game is really like, I probably wouldn't own the game today, so I thank them for making that video.

One of the many things I enjoy doing in this game is modifying a car to beat ones it normally couldn't on its own. It's pretty satisfying to challenge Ferraris and Lamborghinis I run into on the road and beating them with my Impreza 22B. :P

Yea this game is great TDU what? I love the F4 like handeling and yes the racing is a little easy but fun. Cool story mode a little corny but keeps you engaged if you want and finding the Barn finds is cool not too easy but fun. I wouldn't mind if they don't even give you a hint on radio or map just let us explore and find ourselves. I loved the Ford Raptor truck, damn drove and sounded like a beast. I had fun just picking on NPC racers around the map, not bad.

It looks to be great (only played a little so far) but that doesn't take anything away from the greatness of TDU IMO which, whether we like it or not, is a much bigger free roaming game.

^^Understatment if I ever saw one. I don't see myself dropping this game at all and I haven't even played online yet. Really glad I went ahead and bought the game, despite the fact I didn't enjoy the demo. Without ISR's detailed review showing what the game is really like, I probably wouldn't own the game today, so I thank them for making that video.

One of the many things I enjoy doing in this game is modifying a car to beat ones it normally couldn't on its own. It's pretty satisfying to challenge Ferraris and Lamborghinis I run into on the road and beating them with my Impreza 22B. :P

When you can, get online; there's unique challenges there like driving from one end of the map to the other between sunrise and sunset in a certain manufacturer, or passing points as a group without dropping below a certain speed. It's very fun; T-12, Dice, and I did a few of them last night, and then we moved on to games of King, and realism be damned, that mode is hilarious fun with a full (public, in this case) room. Also, the game has a separate XP system for online; every time you level up, you get a raffle that includes credits (up to about 1 million is possible), and, as far as I can tell, every single car in the game. I won two last night, and a few hundred thousand. It's... addictive.

I'm with you; I was really unimpressed with the demo, but the final game is so much fun, I'm glad I made the jump.

SS, the max credit reward I seen was 10 mil. Almost got it to.. changed to 5000 afterwards lol.

Heh. Found an epic glitch:

Bought the Rangie, and went to give it the displacement upgrade. It starts with a 5.0L JLR V8, right? The Street Engine Block is... 4.0L. Move up to the Sport? 2.7L!

Best, though: The Race Engine Block is 0.0L. Talk about one powerful engine! :lol:

I havent even tried multi player...are the servers any better than with FM4??..I never could find a public room
I played for a while today, and I'm very impressed with the "playlist" function they've added. It's like a refined version of the auto-servers they had in FM4.

EuroGamer
Earlier, we noted that the majority of console games run at 30FPS. A few minutes in the company of Forza Horizon makes you realise that this isn't strictly true: most console games target 30FPS - Playground's debut offering is remarkable in that it actually hits that target without fail, transforming the experience. We've been conditioned to accept that frame-drops and screen-tear are necessary evils: in this respect, Forza Horizon is refreshingly compromise-free.
I noticed this myself; it really, really makes a difference. The 30fps seemed disappointingly obvious at first, but it's so steady that you can actually adjust to it.

Yes dips and tears in frames do stand out.
Excuse the GT example here but that runs on average at a higher rate than horizon.
No I'm not going to say that horizon is a smoother ride but it feel it because its consistent.
The drops in GT are jarring when they do occur.

Dunno, the 30FPS don't mother me. That didn't bother me with Shift 2, either. I'm just glad there's no tearing. That's probably the most annyoing thing to me, as I get serious headaches from that stuff.

Back