Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
Basically, if you were playing online, you could meet other players and race them by flashing your lights and setting up a finish point. You could this against the AI, too.

So it is 24-hours dynamic?

Ugh. Contradicting previews have been contradicting. :odd:

I heard that the daynight cycles is span over 40 minutes.

Basically, if you were playing online, you could meet other players and race them by flashing your lights and setting up a finish point. You could this against the AI, too.

Its already been said that there will be AI cars on the road that you can challange to races.

So 40 minutes for a full 24 hour cycle equates to each hour lasting 1.67 minutes? I preferably would like to have 40 minutes for a 12 hour cycle, in which case 7am - 7pm would be 40 minutes, and then 7pm - 7am would be another 40 which would make every hour 3.3 minutes real time.

Setting the clock to represent a full 24-hours would be a nice option. There's guys at the studio from Bizarre, so the chances are they worked on Metropolis Street Racer that used the Dreamcast's internal clock this way.

Fast clocks, stories...what ever happened to just racing?
Do something interesting..make more tracks. This game is great in it's present incarnation.

The instant race is very similar to TDU but it will only be against the AI. I wonder if it will let you pick the start and end point just like TDU. That was an amazing feature.
To free roam with friends you will have to set up a server in the multiplayer. That should work a lot better than TDU.
The part of the campaign where you race a plane is very similar to the races in FUEL where you race a helicopter.
Against a bi-plane is more than likely adopted from being a partner with Top Gear who have featured multiple car vs. plane challenges.
The wristband part at the end made me laugh. So thats what everyone is going to start doing now? I thought only women collected those. No offense to the wrist band collectors out there. lol
You'll nitpick anything won't you?

Sad because as much as you tout about TDU/2 features you want in this game, I can see this is the closest thing to re-creating TDU in the first place. If it had everything Atari had built into its franchise, you'd just spout off that T10 was copycatting then; in short, nothing would please you....

Bringing up Most Wanted as well is pointless. They share the ability to race car through an open world; similarities end there. People can tout how much more sales the NFS franchise makes, but last I checked, outside of Hot Pursuit, the games themselves have been flops for racing fans because the formula never changes.

As for the story, where the hell are you guys even getting this notion from? Yes, there's the challenge to become the Horizon King & race specific NPCs, but that hardly means this game has a story line built into it. :odd:
They should have put those resources toward weather effects. :lol: :P
How about watching some videos? Reading some interviews?

You'd find a lot more answers to your silly questions if you did.

I hope that when FM4 brings out a new version they'll keep it racing cars.
I've seen other racing games that are silly but personally this is one of the best.

What's with racing helicopters/planes? If they used the highway along Northern California, maybe we could race a speed boat.

OR..what about a train? Man there are lots of roads along railway tracks. hehe

Sounds like a race to me, since you have to beat the plane......

Do you consider a time trial a race? Unless the planes' time for each lap changes all this is provides is a way to spice up a time trial. Finish the race before a certain time and you win. If it was an actual race the time of plane should change and the sequences would not be scripted.

You are racing against it or else it wouldnt show what place your in. If the plane finishes first, then you are in second therefore losing the race. Whats funny is that you throw in brotastic.. anything with a hint of excitement in it is brotastic? You must be against anything fun if you use the term like that.

Do you consider a time trial a race? Unless the planes' time for each lap changes all this is provides is a way to spice up a time trial. Finish the race before a certain time and you win. If it was an actual race the time of plane should change and the sequences would not be scripted.
You're still around? Suprising.
anything with a hint of excitement Forza in it is brotastic? You must be against anything fun if you use the term like that.
FTFY.
Do you consider a time trial a race?
Various Time Attack series around the globe would probably make it seem that way.

I just noticed something.

7929970532_32ad7f09bf_h.jpg

I saw this image a while ago and though cool I always like that bmw, and the Lotus was always fun. But...

Did anyone stop to notice that the convertible top is down? Thats a good hint towards the possibility that you would be able to drive drop top with convertible cars..

Heres to hoping.

EDIT: found another photo of a convertible over at FM.net.
7156181137_9a53b93ecc_b.jpg

The car is either modelled with it up (Ferrari California) or down (Many, inc. the Audi R8 GT Spyder, BMW Z4 et al.)

VXR
The car is either modelled with it up (Ferrari California) or down (Many, inc. the Audi R8 GT Spyder, BMW Z4 et al.)

So they included two different R8 GT's, just to have one with an open top?

EDIT: actually nevermind. I never really looked at actual pictures of the GT so I didnt know. My mistake

Horizon will be my first Forza game that I'll be getting into. I have played FM2 and FM3, but not extensively. So as far as expectations go I have none. No clue what will carry over from the main series, no clue on how they handle DLC.

All I know is so far everything looks amazing to me. Can't wait to try the demo.

So they included two different R8 GT's, just to have one with an open top?

EDIT: actually nevermind. I never really looked at actual pictures of the GT so I didnt know. My mistake
I can't speak for the rest of the cars, but I suspect the R8 GT is modeled as always down as the coupe is in the game as well.

Back