Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has come across any news regarding if FH will have full clutch and six speed shifter compatibility?

Here is an interesting video from turn10:

It's called: "Forza Horizon at E3 2012 -- The Cars are Coming!"

EDIT:

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has come across any news regarding if FH will have full clutch and six speed shifter compatibility?

Manual with clutch has been confirmed in this video (by Gamespot) on 2:30 :

The guy I talked to today said it will have the same wheel support as Forza 4, but there was no manual w/clutch option in the demo, which was disappointing. I didn't ask specifically about clutch support in the final game though.

From playing it today, I'm completely sold. It feels slightly more arcadey than Forza 4, although I did spin out once or twice. Probably not as many times as I should've, but it's still believable, and it's just plain fun.

I also asked if Pikes Peak would be in the game, and it seemed to catch the guy off guard a bit, and he sort of thought about it for a few seconds and then said he couldn't talk about it. So since it's not a flat out no, that has me cautiously optimistic.

The guy I talked to today said it will have the same wheel support as Forza 4, but there was no manual w/clutch option in the demo, which was disappointing. I didn't ask specifically about clutch support in the final game though.

Cool, thanks for the info mate. I hope it does have full clutch/shifter support in the final game.

On the Gamespot presentation they said that it supports manual with clutch!

Awesome thanks for sharing that mate. I read the Eurogamer article saying that the damage is only cosmetic. So I guess this means that the clutch will work but won't be necessary to change gears as the gearbox cannot be damaged. Hopefully they will include full damage as an option.

From playing it today, I'm completely sold. It feels slightly more arcadey than Forza 4, although I did spin out once or twice. Probably not as many times as I should've, but it's still believable, and it's just plain fun.

I also asked if Pikes Peak would be in the game, and it seemed to catch the guy off guard a bit, and he sort of thought about it for a few seconds and then said he couldn't talk about it. So since it's not a flat out no, that has me cautiously optimistic.

Interesting considering the video directly above your post contradicts your statements.

They said they weren't done "tuning" the Viper so that could be the reason why it isn't handling properly. Which, as I have said before, scares me because they could ruin the physics engine with their idea of how the car should handle.

"Though it doesn't have the massively multiplayer functionality of the latter (TDU 2), all events can be played competitively online, and you can likewise hook up with friends to tool around Colorado in a spot of free-roaming action."

So, no free roam massively multiplayer. You must be in an event to drive with other players... There goes that.... Hopefully there is a high limit to how many "friends" you can free roam with.

If it has free roam as an option - like GTA IV - then problem solved. The community will always find its niche.

Lol TDU 2 only had 8 cars at once. There are people walking around though and that can go up to 32. Forza horizon will probably only be 16 for events and 8 for free roaming.

I watched the trailer, looks good. Not sure I like the cars flying all over the place, reminds me of NFS (one game I didn't want to play)

Stole this from FM.net

The driving seems more sim like in this vid then in any I've seen so far, plus this guy drives way better then any other video out as well. TCS is on as you can see it blink it certain situations, and it still looks pretty close to forza(not 100% but still) so imagine what it would be like with it off. Notice after jumps and crashes he almost loses it a few times.

Yeah, I think the demo has been set-up for Joe Soap and M.Rossi has to come along and sim it up a bit.

If there was an issue with it, I'm sure the Forza community is vocal enough to demand full sim is included, especially with T10 still so involved with this game.

Just watched the video and early on you definitely see the effects of the aids helping it avoid a moment, as the car clearly enters into the opening stages of weight shift before the aids sort it out.

Regarding physics:

"It is based on the same physics engine, yes. We did tweak things to allow for more “stylish” driving, though."

Discuss?

I think that's unnecessary. FM4 already has enough of a 'more-stylish-than-real' handling as it is, I feel it's going to be exaggerated further.

At this point, I'm not sure what to make of this game.

Pros:
-Sweet open world Forza!
-Awesome setting! Colorado F yeah!
-Mountain roads and highways!
-24 hour day/night cycle!
-In-car view retained!
-Nice visuals!!
-Off road!

Cons:
-Night isn't dark!
-Questionable handling!
-Festival?! WTF?! Motorstorm meets pro-street!
-No massively multiplayer. Huh?!
-Not really developed by T10 it seems!
-Cars rebuilt for Horizon. Which means they are lower-poly. I don't mind this, but still!

Regarding physics:

"It is based on the same physics engine, yes. We did tweak things to allow for more “stylish” driving, though."

Discuss?

Cons:
-Night isn't dark!
-Questionable handling!
-Festival?! WTF?! Motorstorm meets pro-street!
-No massively multiplayer. Huh?!
-Not really developed by T10 it seems!
-Cars rebuilt for Horizon. Which means they are lower-poly. I don't mind this, but still!

I'll deal with the cons from my perspective.

1. Not really dark. Well that's a bummer if it's not really dark I can agree with that.

2. Questionable handling. This was always a concern of mine. One that I have let temper my expectations of the game. I'm not too bothered because I never expected F4 physics. They have not quoted Perelli this time and theres a good reason for that.
However if its arcade and it's done properly with good wheel support I will live with it. Burnout paradise hot pursuit etc showed how not to do it on a wheel.
We will see.

3. Festival. Hmm, well I suppose the game needs a hub. Running around Colorado like the hills have eyes isn't an attractive option either without one.

4. MMO. Not sure how many are allowed online TBH. Not sure this gen has a decent enough network to allow unlimited cars running about. I'm not a tech guy though.

5 Not developed by T10. Well it might be a con for you. For me it's a bonus. Glad they can continue uninterrupted with Forza 5. A bit like PD having to do a vita. It just takes away from the main attraction.

6 Cars rebuilt. Definately a con. As T10 cars are beautiful. Maybe though there might be a plus. Extra body kits and visuals more akin to this type of game.

Just my Op.

Look at all the screen shots and video clips of where it is 'night.'

It's only about as dark as a GTA game. What's the point of racing at night if you can see without headlights?

edit:
Go to 5:33 in this video:

edit2: If you notice, it is most definitely not a full moon. Clearly visible around 8:30

Notice how you can easily see the environment that isn't directly illuminated. It is dark, but it isn't 'nighttime' dark.

Compare that to GT5's version of night:

Or real life:

Or even shift 2:

Absolutely dark outside of the headlight illumination. The entire excitement of racing at night (in real life and in-game) is the sort of danger of it. It's difficult to freakin' see! That doesn't happen when you can see everything without your lights.

I have lots of moorland near my city and with no light pollution, it never gets truly dark at night either when there's any phase of visible moon and little to no cloud cover.

Latest Posts

Back