What Version Do You Intend To Buy

• Limited Collectors Edition

Votes: 223 68.2%
  • Standard Edition

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 13.1%

• Total voters
How do I get the 10 car muscle car pack? Collector's Edition? Same for the M5 Fan Pack, how does one obtain it?

Okay so onto discussions.

One thing I wanted discuss is some of the snaps taken here from the "Dan/Gamespot" interview
It shows some of the various screens and options.
pP8fX.jpg

I personally like how the race options seem to allow ASSISTS / HUD / AUDIO / HEAD TRACKING to be adjusted pre race and not have to go to a main menu for this.

Also "Rivals Mode" look at the table, what are the furthest right icons representing?

Dan also mentioned in this interview that alternative time of day will feature in the game. Perhaps not real time lighting or time adjusted lighting like GT5 had but it will as the official website also states have some tracks with varied lighting conditions/time of day.

So who thinks Lemans seems almost certain for night racing along with other tracks?

I'm looking forward too everything:tup:

Please keep posts of detailed comparisons or differences in opinions of each game franchise for the appropriate thread created.

It is simple guys, this thread is for Forza 4 so by all means if making comparisons then lets look at how FM4 has moved on over past T10 development with previous Forza games.

This +1,000,000

I went to the trouble of creating a GT vs FM thread for just these kind of discussions and am slightly annoyed that it has still not stopped people taking threads off-topic.

Keep the discussions to the correct threads or take a holiday from GT Planet, seriously.

Scaff

Nice to see you maintaining that position Scaff.
It is indeed starting to ruin so many threads.

Looks like the LCE is by far what people are after.
Although really this LCE is better and more appealing than the FM3 one.
Certainly in the Uk the difference is only £20 which seems not that bad considering all the content, the Top Gear booklet and the nicer casing/cover.

Can I ask how many of you are going multiscreens or perhaps tempted to pick up additional Monitors / Xbox consoles to finally go multiscreen? Afterall it is much cheaper to do this now than it was a few years back.

Can I ask how many of you are going multiscreens or perhaps tempted to pick up additional Monitors / Xbox consoles to finally go multiscreen? Afterall it is much cheaper to do this now than it was a few years back.

I'm EXTREMELY tempted to do so. Although it is much cheaper than years back it still is quite a bit of cash to layout. Then, for me, it's a space issue also. I can work around that but it'd mean giving up the racing rig and sitting at a desk or doing some kind of custom mod to use at the desk.

I have 3 xbox360s. 1 is actually for sale but I never got around to prep it to sell. 1 monitor but I'm tempted. Doubt I'll do it though.

I'm EXTREMELY tempted to do so. Although it is much cheaper than years back it still is quite a bit of cash to layout. Then, for me, it's a space issue also. I can work around that but it'd mean giving up the racing rig and sitting at a desk or doing some kind of custom mod to use at the desk.

This same exact scenario applies to me also. 👍

All I can say is when you experience it and get used to having it going back to a single screen just feels and looks terrible. I dont think this costs much more than say some high end wheesl will cost but yes for many the issue is space and really only FM games supporting the feature on additional X360s.

Something that hasnt been answered is will Auto Vista work in Multiscreen mode or single screen only, ahhhhhhh...

I'm sticking with my multiscreen setup (obviously). Hadn't even considered the autovista mode on three screens, I just assumed it would be only on one screen just like everything else in the previous games. It would be cool but honestly I doubt it will work..

What I am really curious about is whether or not the Kinect head tracking with work with three screens (even though I'm not sure if that would do more harm than good sense you move your head around a lot more than usual when using 3 screens). I guess I'll find out in a couple months, I've already got Kinect to try it out on.

Yeah I doubt Auto Vista will be Multiscreen neither.
Regards Kinect and multiscreens thats a good point, that it isnt really needed but it worked okay with multiscreens in "GT5 Time Trial Mode".

I must be the only one who likes the Forza Nurb.

Negative. I love it.

I really REALLY hope so. That track is so fun with the added bumps. And to be honest , the New York track should be very bumpy and have some undulations going on. I know that area of NY they're trying to represent and it's NOWHERE near as smooth as they have it in the game.

To be honest, I hope New York is yanked.

Unless I'm missing something that looks dead on to me.

Indeed.

All I can say is when you experience it and get used to having it going back to a single screen just feels and looks terrible. I dont think this costs much more than say some high end wheesl will cost but yes for many the issue is space and really only FM games supporting the feature on additional X360s.

Something that hasnt been answered is will Auto Vista work in Multiscreen mode or single screen only, ahhhhhhh...

Does the bezel not ruin the experience if you are using monitors? The only way I will go triple screen is if I had three projectors and enough space to do so.

You don't even notice the bezels after the first turn.
I have looked at triple monitor setups on YouTube and think personally it will annoy me a lot. I'm not going to buy two more monitors to just try it out to see if I can stand the bezels being there. I would use a PC first to try it out obviously as I think it would be crazy of me to buy 2 consoles to check if I like something for real.

I tend to overlap the centre bezel with the inner left/right of the other monitors to reduce it. Also choose a monitor that only has approx 14mm thickness of a border.

You soon learn to not take notice, besides with such peripheral vision you tend to focus on whats happening on screen. Watching a video on youtube does not give you the scale triple monitors gives. I guess if it wasnt so good then it would never of been so popular particulary on PC's. Ive had 80"-100" 1080p projection and while I enjoy the big screen experience triple screens is more engrossing and enchances racing games more.

On price well, I remember paying £550 a piece for Samsung 193P TFT monitors back in the Forza 1 days. Nowadays you could buy 3x 24" for that and the extra 2 game discs.

Forza 4 is going to look fantastic in multiscreens and I hope they have improved the setup options and ironed out bugs.

I tend to overlap the centre bezel with the inner left/right of the other monitors to reduce it. Also choose a monitor that only has approx 14mm thickness of a border.

You soon learn to not take notice, besides with such peripheral vision you tend to focus on whats happening on screen. Watching a video on youtube does not give you the scale triple monitors gives. I guess if it wasnt so good then it would never of been so popular particulary on PC's. Ive had 80"-100" 1080p projection and while I enjoy the big screen experience triple screens is more engrossing and enchances racing games more.

On price well, I remember paying £550 a piece for Samsung 193P TFT monitors back in the Forza 1 days. Nowadays you could buy 3x 24" for that and the extra 2 game discs.

Forza 4 is going to look fantastic in multiscreens and I hope they have improved the setup options and ironed out bugs.
I get annoyed seeing just one dead pixel so I think I will not get into it. The bezels act like two extra car pillars. In PC you could have multiple desktops so it is more useful than just for sole gaming use but I still doubt it is that popular. Also for gaming use, you have to angle the screens well so they line up but it never quite perfect and looks distorted on most videos I've seen. It will be good if they release a ultra wide display for a good price.

About the poll, I will be getting most likely the Ultimate Collection if they do another one again. Need to finish my PS3 games first and I've yet to complete one so that should fill that time up quite easily especially with the addition of the free games.

Well thats your assumption I guess but not experience talking. It continues to get more popular particulary on PC now with only a single mid range card needed. Making it so easy/cheaper compared to the past few years.

I've not had a single person play mine and say to me that FM3/GT5 is annoying with triple 24" screens and 2x 14mm borders splitting what is a 72" gaming area, only approx 30" from the player. They do however comment on how it totally enhances the games immersion,excitement and sensation of speed.

If it's not for you it's not for you but the Borders are a small inconvenience to pay for such extras it brings. Other multi screeners I'm sure will agree.

Last edited:
Well thats your assumption I guess but not experience talking. It continues to get more popular particulary on PC now with only a single mid range card needed. Making it so easy/cheaper compared to the past few years.

I've not had a single person play mine and say to me that FM3/GT5 is annoying with triple 24" screens and 2x 14mm borders splitting what is a 72" gaming area, only approx 30" from the player. They do however comment on how it totally enhances the games immersion,excitement and sensation of speed.

If it's not for you it's not for you but the Borders are a small inconvenience to pay for such extras it brings. Other multi screeners I'm sure will agree.

I'm defenantly going to look into multi-screen setup. I'd probably use three 24" TV's. Just buy two used GT5's from GameStop and I'll be in about $230? THe problem is getting PS3's. Clearence items at Fry's I guess.

I first need a rig and wheel though! :lol:

To be honest, I hope New York is yanked.
Since I hate city tracks with a passion, I'd second that.

I'm defenantly going to look into multi-screen setup. I'd probably use three 24" TV's. Just buy two used GT5's from GameStop and I'll be in about $230? THe problem is getting PS3's. Clearence items at Fry's I guess.

I first need a rig and wheel though! :lol:
I'd love to go for a tripple screen setup and a proper wheel myself... Wouldn't even be that expensive. Too bad my appartment isn't anywhere near roomy enough :lol:

Has anyone done triple screen with different size monitors? :scared:
I really want to try triple screens, and right now I have 2 xbox 360s (with easy access to a third to try it out) but I have 2 22in monitors and one 40in monitor. Would it be ok/doable to try it with the 40" as center and the 22"ers as the angled monitors? Has anyone done this?

Dont want to turn all discussions to multiscreens however while different screen sizes wont look right it can give you certainly an idea of how it really enchances the game and enjoyment of it. However you very likely could easily pick up a 3rd 22" screen these days for $60-$80 2nd hand.

I recommend you pick a track in FM3 like an oval, place the 2x 22" together to give you the effect of the left hand side and try your 40" as realtime replay/rearview etc. You could test this now with FM3 and know see if it is something youd like or not.

We havnt really discussed the sounds yet of the game and Im hoping they change the braking sound a little this time.
Anyone else not that fond of the sound they have for that?

Pre ordered special edition from amazon. Feels gooooooood.

Damn. Cancelled my order so I could place it from another account only to see that the special edition is no longer on amazon. Sigh....

Back