Forza Motorsport 6 Review Thread

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 208 comments
It's utterly amazing how some people pick up on clickbait and spread the crap without doing any research into it. The FTC found no fault for Microsoft in the case, in fact Microsoft have rules against what Machinima ended up doing. The second Machinima was exposed Microsoft and the ad agency Microsoft was working with that setup the advertisement deal contacted Machinima and told them to correct the problem.

It wasn't even Microsoft's mess, it was Machinima's; which is why Michinima is the one in trouble with the FTC and not Microsoft.

I don't think he is even describing lift as the cause of the roll over but the force of the body roll when the spin started.... which as can happen in real life.

The biggest problem with it is how he describes the spin starting where the car started "wagging" just be accelerating in a straight line.
They were still paying bloggers $30,000 for making video's for XO, You honestly dont think they pay big gaming sites money and give privileges?

They were still paying bloggers $30,000 for making video's for XO, You honestly dont think they pay big gaming sites money and give privileges?
they pay EVERY dedicated site through their packs of advertisments, AND they provide the content for said sites too.
why focus on blogger only?
and by "they", I mean console manus and the couple big publishers.

I say again, our hobby has become a glowing billion-making industry. If one of us is still left in the old ..romantic days -and ways- he is bound to be cheated every other day.

You honestly don't think every single company does this? Microsoft hires ad agencies that set this stuff up and they have clear rules against not being upfront that they are being paid to advertise. Which is why the FTC investigation found no fault on Microsoft or the ad agency that contacted Machinima. Once this entire Machinima thing became public the FTC says Microsoft and the ad agency called Mahinima and told them to correct the problem.

Stop trying to blame Microsoft for something that even the FTC said isn't their fault.

This is Machinima's mess up and Machinima's mess up alone.

Also, on the point of whether or not they pay bigger sites and offer privileges... Well of course they do, what kind of question is that to ask?

Do you think IGN and Gamespot put up full page background ads out of the kindness of their hearts?

Of course they get privileges those things include videos, screenshots, interviews, game demonstrations, review copies and more. This is an extremely normal thing in the gaming industry and everyone does it.

Last edited:
they pay EVERY dedicated site through their packs of advertisments, AND they provide the content for said sites too.
why focus on blogger only?
and by "they", I mean console manus and the couple big publishers.

I say again, our hobby has become a glowing billion-making industry. If one of us is still left in the old ..romantic days -and ways- he is bound to be cheated every other day.
Im not focussing on bloggers only, My main point is review sites get paid by publishers! So crying over reviews like some are here makes no sense! If the game got a 6 then the reviewer did not get paid or did not get any privileges ;)

Im not focussing on bloggers only, My main point is review sites get paid by publishers! So crying over reviews like some are here makes no sense! If the game got a 6 then the reviewer did not get paid or did not get any privileges ;)

Except the reviewer got a review copy meaning they did get privileges and websites don't get paid to do reviews.

Every review on the bottom says that they received a copy of the game for review for full disclosure.

If you think paying for review scores is normal than you've got a topsy turvy view of the gaming industry. Don't get me wrong, certain websites such as Gamespot have been caught accepting ad money for review scores but it is not normal for it to happen.

Except the reviewer got a review copy meaning they did get privileges and websites don't get paid to do reviews.

Every review on the bottom says that they received a copy of the game for review for full disclosure.

If you think paying for review scores is normal than you've got a topsy turvy view of the gaming industry.
Your very naive! ;)

I agree except for your conclusion
the game got a 6 from there because of a reason outside of the quality of the game, which is defo not a 6, thats for sure.
you are smart enough to put one and one together and figure it out.
I wrote before that the same reviewer giving driveclub a 9 and forza 6 a 6 speaks louder than words.
oh well, I think I will spend my time in "relaxed talk" topics, as these kind of discussions really have no benefit to me or my time :)

Your very naive! ;)

You're very paranoid and ignorant of the industry.(The smiley face is neither cute or funny.)

You apparently did not realize that every publisher gives every media outlet privileges, which is why every media outlet gives full disclosure.

You seem to not understand that publishers paying media outlets for ads is extremely common, it doesn't mean that those ads affect the scores games receive from the publication.

Not to mention, you've ignored the FTC's investigation and decided to blame Microsoft anyway.

The bottom-line is the for Forza 6 the main big media outlets, including IGN and Gamespot, did not give Forza perfect scores and their scores were either below or followed the average.

Last edited:
Sometimes reviews are paid for, most of the time they are not. It's the usual conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo.

If you don't trust the reviews, just wait for the user reviews here on the board :)

Sometimes reviews are paid for, most of the time they are not. It's the usual conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo.

If you don't trust the reviews, just wait for the user reviews here on the board :)

Exactly, outliers are suspicious but if you're paying for an average score that every other publication is giving the game... then you're wasting your money.

Forza 6 currently has:

6x 100s
12x 95s
2x 92s
2x 91s
20x 90s
4x 80s

With an average of 91 and 15% of the reviews are under 90.

If this game had an average of 60 with a single review of 100 from Gamespot.. you might have a point.

Last edited:
T10 don't pay for reviews because they don't need to, they generally release content that is of at least a quality of 75+ unlike devs that constantly release broken games (cough ubisoft cough). I've seen the 60 review get bought up a lot and honestly he does have some pretty valid complaints, and I agree with him on the racing. For me Forza's career mode has never been more than a grind for credits so I can afford the cars and upgrades I need for online league racing. I think 60/100 is pretty harsh but as a reviewer he is entitled to give it what he see's fit to, and its opinion. If you seriously care about the review scores of a game that you haven't even played yet, and are particually enraged about a score of 60/100 you should probably have a very hard long think about your priorities

T10 don't pay for reviews because they don't need to, they generally release content that is of at least a quality of 75+ unlike devs that constantly release broken games (cough ubisoft cough). I've seen the 60 review get bought up a lot and honestly he does have some pretty valid complaints, and I agree with him on the racing. For me Forza's career mode has never been more than a grind for credits so I can afford the cars and upgrades I need for online league racing. I think 60/100 is pretty harsh but as a reviewer he is entitled to give it what he see's fit to, and its opinion. If you seriously care about the review scores of a game that you haven't even played yet, and are particually enraged about a score of 60/100 you should probably have a very hard long think about your priorities

It's a racing game, grinding is a huge part of racing games as "grinding" is racing.

The difference between whether or not it is a grind or racing is subjective and Forza 6 seems to have moved into less of a grind then previous titles.

Forza is a grind game in the same way Pokemon is a grind game, it's about collecting cars and upgrading those cars.

Also if you're having trouble with credits with the spins, affinity, mods, VIP and the rewards program giving up to 25 million at launch... well...

Not always though. The career in project cars, grid autosport, F1 games etc doesn't feel like a grind. The seasons have a points structure and a purpose to them, you actually win the championships and in some of these games, use lower championships to further your career in higher levels of motorsport. Forza's career feels like "race against these cars for 5 races in a row, then pick another type of car and do it again for 5 races." There's no connection, no purpose to it. No emotional involvement just one race after another, a grind. Pokemon is much less of a grind game them Forza there's an overarching plot and small amounts of character development.

Also on you're condescending tone about struggling with credits, I never said that I was having trouble but that it was the only reason I played career mode, to get credits when I need them.... well...

Not always though. The career in project cars, grid autosport, F1 games etc doesn't feel like a grind. The seasons have a points structure and a purpose to them, you actually win the championships and in some of these games, use lower championships to further your career in higher levels of motorsport. Forza's career feels like "race against these cars for 5 races in a row, then pick another type of car and do it again for 5 races." There's no connection, no purpose to it. No emotional involvement just one race after another, a grind. Pokemon is much less of a grind game them Forza there's an overarching plot and small amounts of character development.

Also on you're condescending tone about struggling with credits, I never said that I was having trouble but that it was the only reason I played career mode, to get credits when I need them.... well...

I'm supposed to have an emotional involvement in offline seasons?

No one's forcing you to, though I think the majority of your emotional involvement is taken up by Forza 6 review scores :lol:

More like I hate click bait and bullcrap and right now I have time to waste on it and due to personal reasons.

Bottom-line, Forza is a car collecting game while Project Cars is a career racing game.

I'm glad the review is going over well. Didn't seem right to attach a number to it.

@UKMikey - Oh, I would hope so! But the Enthusia reference wasn't an empty one, as that's really what FM6 reminds me of when I loaded it up for the first time. Not in directly comparable ways, but in the general spirit and feel of the game.

I'm glad the review is going over well. Didn't seem right to attach a number to it.

@UKMikey - Oh, I would hope so! But the Enthusia reference wasn't an empty one, as that's really what FM6 reminds me of when I loaded it up for the first time. Not in directly comparable ways, but in the general spirit and feel of the game.

I wouldn't be sad if the number system went away completely.

I can't say it's enough to carry a purchase of an XBone by itself, but I drifted off on the news and updates for this after finding out about the static weather and time of day (and because I've spent the past 30 days standing watch for the elusive Special Edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X), so I was unaware of the breadth of its car and track selection. It also seems back up to the FM4/FH1 standard in terms of features and finer details. Very informative review! 👍

I had thought about skipping FM6 even if I bought an XBone for FH3, but I'm now reconsidering that idea, especially if the DLC proves to be worth it.

Also, I lol'd at the paragraph addressed to wheel purists. :lol: 👍

The photos were great, did you take them yourself or did T10 provide them as part of a press pack?

I'd rather have dynamic time of day and weather over a solid 60fps everyday of the week
Imho, fluctuating framerates should never be an issue on console. Framerate should be locked, be it 60 or 30

Framerate variations should be in pc land only, where there is different hardware in play and also the option the vary graphical detail/resolution

For me, console gaming should be about consistency of gameplay and an absence of faffing about

For the record, I do drive on pc. I'm not a rabid console only gamer

My main question: For us offline loners, Can we customize a championship with all tracks and save the championship to continue later?

Back