Forza Motorsport 7: PC performance

• Thread starter Sprocket
  • 128 comments
I tested the Win10 Demo yesterday after getting a refund on the full game a month ago as i got always CTD, soundlag issues, infinite loading screens etc with the full game. So i will monitor this game for a few months and hope we get some more patches in. Demo was running good (just occasional stutters during races but nothing annoying. menus lag though, thats annoying. But did not have CTD or infinitey loading, seems the latest nvidia driver did something good for memory leaks...
But i have to say: After playing GT Sport for a while now, that lighting in Forza is really weak in comparison. Proper HDR is really a game changer. I did not want to believe this until i saw it myself.

Last edited:
Very likely that the demo isn't getting fixes.
But I still get ctd. Emailed crash dumps to Devs and they've said they're working on it

i am sure the demo gets updates because the first time i played it (before the game release) on nurburgring the cars would not turn on headlights when the rain is starting. now they do.

they should turn them on in that dubai tunnel too...

Lawl, yeah the demo gets updates. I don't know if it *still* does, but it had an update before the final game, even. The demo got some issues fixed before the broken mess of a game that it was at launch :P Talk about a shame.

Thing is, i really am afraid of purchasing the game again lol. Thats not a good thing for a developer, you dont want your consumers to be afraid of your games eventually not running on their high end systems. :D
I still feel the physical pain i got from every CTD and freeze i had.
I think i will just wait 2-3 months.

Tbh, even if you remove the crashes... the homologation system prevents you from making any true change to a car, because buying an air filter will make you go over the restrictions, and they're not de-activatable, you can't add drivatars to private online lobbies, and they're the only place in the entire game where you can remove the damned homologation rules... It's a very pretty game.... and the driving is alright.... but the rest is disappointing and lame.

Tbh, even if you remove the crashes... the homologation system prevents you from making any true change to a car, because buying an air filter will make you go over the restrictions, and they're not de-activatable, you can't add drivatars to private online lobbies, and they're the only place in the entire game where you can remove the damned homologation rules... It's a very pretty game.... and the driving is alright.... but the rest is disappointing and lame.

That depends on the car and what parts are on it. Many of the cars can be modified pretty extensively within their division. Of course in order to do so it very well may require removing some of the parts added by the system and adding different parts. There are lots of options on many of the cars you just have to find the right group of parts within the division to get the best performance out of the car in question.

The only cars where your hands are pretty much tied are the FE cars where they come pre-installed with several upgrades that can not be removed

To the topic of Homologation in FM7. For the A class Rivals event at Watkins Glenn, I built a Subaru BRZ for the event. It's not a pace setter in any sense of the word, but I was able to ignore the Homologation prompts and build away. I just remembered, I have to save my tune. LOL

I do wish I could turn the Homologation recommendations off, but it's easy enough to ignore them.

Just downloaded the new update for Forza, now the game crashes everytime I try to start it. Anyone else having the same problem after the newest update?

Back