Forza Motorsport 7: Pre-Release News and Interviews

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 163 comments
Yes, thats the reaseon for my question, he said for Xbox One. I think too PC support is for definite.
Ok, i have to wait for a official confirmation. Thank you guys!

https://www.gtplanet.net/info-blowout-revealed-forza-motorsport-7/
  • Multiplayer: You can now hot-lap before the start of a race while waiting for others.
  • Multiplayer: Setups can be adjusted pre-race.
  • Multiplayer: Non-racing rooms, such as track days, are now possible.
  • Multiplayer: Forzavista can be used in pit-lane pre-race.
  • Wheel support: PlayStation wheels can be used on PC.
  • Wheel support: An alternative cockpit view with no steering wheel is available.
  • Photogrammetry tools allowed the team to add real texture data to their laser-scanned environments.
  • In-game rewards will scale based on how many cars you own. More info will be revealed in August.
  • Forza Motorsport 7 will continue to support eSports
  • Liveries can be transferred from Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3.

• Multiplayer: You can now hot-lap before the start of a race while waiting for others.
All of this was in Gran Turismo 6, and one of my favourite experiences of that game was to take part in "Ring Lobbies", where you'd have a recurring set of 1 lap races, tuning and tweaking your cars every time to make them go faster. Good addition to Forza Motorsport 7.

1:00 - Car collecting mechanic (Fun fact: Bill Giese worked on Pokemon for many years).
1:40 - Partnership with Porsche.
2:40 - Transition to new hardware.
4:00 - Native 4K, smooth 60fps, 30% of GPU power left after getting Forzatech running on Xbox One X that allowed them to improve shadow resolution, car LOD, draw distance and textures.
5:10 - Five year vision for the franchise (physics, gameplay, FRC, eSports etc.).
6:20 - Content updates for Forza 6 = prototyping for Forza 7.
8:00 - More options to make drivatars "more predictable", more "AI-like".
8:55 - Cross-play for PC & Xbox players. In higher level leagues people will be matched more carefully.
10:50 - Weather system and physics first (11:15 - Talks about Jebel Hafeet weather; dangerous place for scanning team due to extreme heat).
12:10 - Campaign mode. No 'zero to hero' mentality. You're going to start in an "awesome chapter".
13:05 - Widebody kits, auction house, amazing paints being RT'ed on Twitter.
15:13 - Mixer integration and streaming community integration.
18:10 - Porsche's passion for racing and motorsports and Turn 10 visits Weissach to witness the creation of GT cars, 919 & GT2 RS.

Watched it earlier; good video but no new information based on everything we've seen this week.

E3 is done now. Next info dump will be at Gamescom in August, though I suspect we'll see weekly car list reveals midway through July.

https://www.gtplanet.net/info-blowout-revealed-forza-motorsport-7/
  • Multiplayer: Forzavista can be used in pit-lane pre-race.
  • Wheel support: PlayStation wheels can be used on PC.
  • Wheel support: An alternative cockpit view with no steering wheel is available.
  • Photogrammetry tools allowed the team to add real texture data to their laser-scanned environments.
  • In-game rewards will scale based on how many cars you own. More info will be revealed in August.
  • Forza Motorsport 7 will continue to support eSports
  • Liveries can be transferred from Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3.
No freaking way! Those three things were my favorites in Gran Turismo 5/6, and to have them in F7 now!? WOW! Now I'm more excited for this game!!!

Mind you I'm a guy who just likes to chill and have fun, so those three I highlighted will be great additions to the game. Thank you so much T10! :cheers:

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-competitive

• Turn 10 have "reimagined everything" for this game.
  • Turn 10 want to unite their vast community with a range of online tools and features in this game.
  • Main Menu: Career / Online / Community / Garage / Forzavista
  • "Timed Vendor" option, expect more news closer to launch.
  • Single-Player Championship categories: Seeker, Breakout, Evolution, Domination, Masters, and the Forza Masters Championship Cup.
  • These Championships are then split into Divisions/Series for you to choose from.
  • An Open Series lets you use whatever car you like in Career.
  • Minigame events like Car Bowling and Autocross return.
  • Car collecting features will be announced at Gamescom.
  • "Voices of Motorsport" return.
  • "Robust" damage system, including a "crack damage system with performance damage".
  • You will be able to name your driver.
  • Forza Rewards will hand out exclusive race suits.
  • Split-Screen confirmed.
  • The feature set between Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 is identical. Only changes are graphics and PC peripheral support.
  • Leagues will be integrated with ForzaRC.
  • Drifting and Drag Racing are exclusive to Multiplayer.
  • No painting on glass/windscreens.

FM7 gets better and better :)
Have children like wish - time mashine,to jump in sept.29th NOW :D

Im wondering about that "robust" damage

• Turn 10 have "reimagined everything" for this game.
  • Turn 10 want to unite their vast community with a range of online tools and features in this game.
  • Main Menu: Career / Online / Community / Garage / Forzavista
  • "Timed Vendor" option, expect more news closer to launch.
  • Single-Player Championship categories: Seeker, Breakout, Evolution, Domination, Masters, and the Forza Masters Championship Cup.
  • These Championships are then split into Divisions/Series for you to choose from.
  • An Open Series lets you use whatever car you like in Career.
  • Minigame events like Car Bowling and Autocross return.
  • Car collecting features will be announced at Gamescom.
  • "Voices of Motorsport" return.
  • "Robust" damage system, including a "crack damage system with performance damage".
  • You will be able to name your driver.
  • Forza Rewards will hand out exclusive race suits.
  • Split-Screen confirmed.
  • The feature set between Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows 10 is identical. Only changes are graphics and PC peripheral support.
  • Leagues will be integrated with ForzaRC.
  • Drifting and Drag Racing are exclusive to Multiplayer.
  • No painting on glass/windscreens.
This sounds great:
"Forzavista is also back, and cars can now be explored across both the usual array of homespaces and every track available in Forza Motorsport 7. That’s a lot of new locations to take advantage of Forzavista"

"Turn 10 has also added more lettered tires and bodykits to Forza Motorsport 7"

Last edited:
http://hooniverse.com/2017/06/21/podcast-episode-207-dan-greenawalt-and-forza-7/

• Dan talks about his Ford Shelby 350 and the (upcoming at time of recording) Forza RC finals.
  • Forza RC's status at Le Mans was due to the ACO taking notice of eSports.
  • No dangling scarves on the older race suits. (No "death by supercharger" ;) )
  • One of the "fun" suits is a Mummy.
  • Dan dodges question about Rallycross to bring up that each Car Division can be its own Championship in Single Player.
  • Dan says that the focus is on cars, when asked about bikes. (So no, no bikes in Forza)
  • Controllers have inherent assists, such as input smoothing during steering. One of the reasons controller players are as fast as wheel users.
  • Dan talks about how Turn 10 conducts tyre physics research.
  • Tyres are now affected by track surface temperature.
  • Original roads (Prague, Rio, Dubai) are laser-scanned but then modified to be more gamer-friendly (wider roads, smoother turns etc.).
  • More talk about the Shelby 350.
  • A bunch of audience questions, but no new info revealed.

http://shoutengine.com/TheSmokingTire/dan-greenawalt-forza-7-at-e3-37671
  • "Forza" was the initial development codename for the series, before becoming the final name.
  • A bit of talk about the (then upcoming) Forza RC finals at Le Mans.
  • All finalists at the Forza RC play(ed) on controllers, although 1 of the drivers qualified with a wheel. (Matt Farah was not happy about controller use at top-level play and challenged Dan on it for 20 minutes)
  • Dan's vision is to create the next generation of automotive fan (5 year plan, highly accessible game etc.)
  • Around 10% of players at most use a wheel in Forza (slightly out-dated information).
  • Turn 10 will take "a few years" to develop "the next form of motorsport" (Forza RC).
  • Friction Assist "is kind of like driving off-road in Forza Horizon".
  • "Somebody needs to see if a Rock Band microphone will work with Forza Motorsport 7"
  • Force feedback has been reworked from previous games.
  • Suzuka and Mugello had to be rebuilt from scratch as the Xbox 360 era assets weren't good enough to work from.
  • @ManteoMax crunched all the data of requested tracks and sent it to Turn 10 to help them select their locations for the game.
  • A new system has been added to help define clean/dirty laps, all track boundaries have been redefined.
  • Dan's favourite racing game growing up was Ferrari 355 Challenge.
  • Camber and caster tuning settings in-game don't affect the level of force feedback you get form a wheel. Force feedback scaling/strength is only done via wheel (controller) settings.
  • When you select Manual w/Clutch as an assist, gears change faster compared to Manual or Automatic, but the skill requirement is higher as you need to press an extra button to shift.
  • Turn 10 prefer to add the higher trim versions of cars into their games (like a Nissan GT-R Black Edition rather than a standard GT-R).
  • "Part of what we do is to throw ideas away (in the concept stage) and let the strongest survive."
  • 1973 Porsche Carrera RS confirmed.

Last edited:
This sounds great:
"Forzavista is also back, and cars can now be explored across both the usual array of homespaces and every track available in Forza Motorsport 7. That’s a lot of new locations to take advantage of Forzavista"

Does this mean you car explore every track like ForzaVista or that you can use ForzaVista to look at cars on every track?

I take it to mean each track will have a Forzavista location

Would be awesome if you could walk each track like a drone mode.

I don't have time to listen to this one this evening but if somebody has made it through this feel free to bullet point any new information that hasn't been released even led in other articles/interviews.

• Lamborghini Countach confirmed 13:17
  • Uses the same skybox tech as Forza Horizon 38:30
  • Fog is part of dynamic weather 39:00
  • 73 Porsche Carrera RS confirmed 89:40

Does this mean you car explore every track like ForzaVista or that you can use ForzaVista to look at cars on every track?

I guess they may have a Forzavista spot, perhaps in the pitlane or on the main straight of tracks. Which, if we're provided with a freecam photomode, would be *leagues* ahead of the Homespace Forzavista we've had in FM (and FH3) so far, for my purposes.

I don't have time to listen to this one this evening but if somebody has made it through this feel free to bullet point any new information that hasn't been released even led in other articles/interviews.

An interesting thing at 11:25 of the podcast: "... but you think about today's 575LT, or like a F12tdf or this GT2 RS..."

So I think he meant the 675LT, he just got confused, but could this confirm the car being in the game?

An interesting thing at 11:25 of the podcast: "... but you think about today's 575LT, or like a F12tdf or this GT2 RS..."

So I think he meant the 675LT, he just got confused, but could this confirm the car being in the game?
He's talking about real cars at that point, and the assists they have.

goddamnit!!! I thought I was following EVERYTHING, and just now I saw this, which might as well be what I fiercely requested 10 years ago!!!
explain:
imagine that you work on a car under the constraints of a category. lets say for example B, 600 points idex.
say your car is ok in handling etc, rated at 550, so you've got 50 point until top of category left for performance.
-slapping a big turbo size 3 to your OEM motor, this should give you the LARGEST power gains for the performance index points, but the worst reliability.
-building the motor instead (rods, valves etc) and spending points on cooling system (oil,water,air if turbo) should give LESS horsepower than slapping that size 3 big turbo points, but far far far better reliability and longevity.

so you can introduce an index for reliability,
and this would play out during races, with engine overheats, blownup engines etc. gamechanger on strategies and how hard/how long you can push the car, AND of course, if the cry babies didnt RUIN the in-game economy (F$^% you guys, really), maybe it would add a strategic layer since you would have to buy-replace those parts you foolishy destroyed.
I was very vocal about that 10 years ago. Then I realized that maybe I was the only one yelling for it :D .... and stopped yelling :D

MAYBE, a simplified, streamlined version of what I bugged turn10 so many years ago, will be coming our way.
gotta go ask someone at turn10

goddamnit!!! I thought I was following EVERYTHING, and just now I saw this, which might as well be what I fiercely requested 10 years ago!!!
explain:
imagine that you work on a car under the constraints of a category. lets say for example B, 600 points idex.
say your car is ok in handling etc, rated at 550, so you've got 50 point until top of category left for performance.
-slapping a big turbo size 3 to your OEM motor, this should give you the LARGEST power gains for the performance index points, but the worst reliability.
-building the motor instead (rods, valves etc) and spending points on cooling system (oil,water,air if turbo) should give LESS horsepower than slapping that size 3 big turbo points, but far far far better reliability and longevity.

so you can introduce an index for reliability,
and this would play out during races, with engine overheats, blownup engines etc. gamechanger on strategies and how hard/how long you can push the car, AND of course, if the cry babies didnt RUIN the in-game economy (F$^% you guys, really), maybe it would add a strategic layer since you would have to buy-replace those parts you foolishy destroyed.
I was very vocal about that 10 years ago. Then I realized that maybe I was the only one yelling for it :D .... and stopped yelling :D

MAYBE, a simplified, streamlined version of what I bugged turn10 so many years ago, will be coming our way.
gotta go ask someone at turn10

Surely this must mean engine tuning is coming right?

How else are you going to do performance damage other than over boosting a car?

Surely this must mean engine tuning is coming right?

How else are you going to do performance damage other than over boosting a car?
More than likely it means causing accelerated engine/transmission damage by over-revving or bouncing off the rev limiter too long. I can't see them putting something as complex as engine tuning or a part reliability system in, especially since it would probably completely break the auto-upgrading feature that a large number of players tend to rely on.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/18/turn10-reveals-first-167-cars-of-forza-motorsport-7-list/

• First 167 cars of Forza Motorsport 7
  • New screenshots.
porsche918spyder-wm-fm7-carreveal-week01-4k-1.jpg

lamborghinisestoelemento-wm-fm7-carreveal-week01-4k-1.jpg

Back