Forza Motorsport 7: Specialty Dealer

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
Turn 10 never explain "why" for anything, that's just not something they do.

Their community interaction strategy is an odd one but it hasn't changed much in the past 5 years so I imagine they're set in their ways.

Just as you say that;

Hey folks,

We are aware of an issue where the Volkswagen Type 2 Deluxe van not appearing in the Forza 7 Specialty Vendor. While we investigate the issue, we have replaced it with the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi. Look for the VW van to appear in the Specialty Vendor in the future.

Thanks,
Brian

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm813647_FM7-Car-List.aspx#post_813647

Fair enough I guess :lol:

I think the fact that the car was "promised" via the blog post and then didn't show up warranted an explanation.

Still though, forum-posters on FM.net are not going to get answers on "why did you do Homologation", "why did you do prize crates" etc. Acknowledgement of tech issues is fine, but it is extremely unlikely you will see a back-and-forth about design choices over there.

Still though, forum-posters on FM.net are not going to get answers on "why did you do Homologation", "why did you do prize crates" etc. Acknowledgement of tech issues is fine, but it is extremely unlikely you will see a back-and-forth about design choices over there.

Absolutely agree. It's weird that T10 see Forza as a community driven franchise and while they have listened to feedback in certain areas, they've also ignored large parts of the community too and won't have open dialogue about design choices as you point out. Their community involvement leaves a lot to be desired.

Turn 10 never explain "why" for anything, that's just not something they do.
I wasn't expecting an explanation for why it's not in the specialty dealer. Just an acknowledgement that there is a problem and they're doing something about it. Which they eventually did.

How do you know which number you have? Is it that "production run" part?
You can only see your production number when looking at your car in your garage. It's in the top right. (And if you already know this, then this is for the people who are still looking.)

I can't afford the GTO! Not a lot of variety this time offering 2 big American cars, but I suppose they had to throw in something real quick with the VW being missing.

My Chevy is some astronomical number like 28,000 - but I got Charger no. 8082. I'm still debating on whether to get the 250 LM. 1.5M is a lot, so hopefully the 2X VIP credit bonus is reinstated soon.

My Chevy is some astronomical number like 28,000 - but I got Charger no. 8082. I'm still debating on whether to get the 250 LM. 1.5M is a lot, so hopefully the 2X VIP credit bonus is reinstated soon.

I got it and ran it in the Vintage GT Racing event of the Driver's Cup Domination series, which is expensive to enter to begin with. I confess I had to change a few things that kinda ruin its classical looks (front, and rear wing) before it ran the way I wanted!

I'm probably skipping the Ferrari.
I really hate when games make cars super-expensive. 1.5 is a lot lower than other games, but for most people, deliberately running a bunch of races, or a couple super long races to quickly buy a car before it's gone isn't fun.

I want to play the game, and I want to race.(and I do) What I don't want to do is hurry hurry hurry to cram as many races as possible in, desperately saving to buy a locked car in a week's time.

The car collection system isn't terrible, but I can't help but notice 95% of my cars I own, I simply own because that's what the game picked for me.
So instead of buying cars I really want right now, I'm just grabbing whatever I can, to get it while I can.

hopefully the 2X VIP credit bonus is reinstated soon.
it already is?

The car collection system isn't terrible, but I can't help but notice 95% of my cars I own, I simply own because that's what the game picked for me.
So instead of buying cars I really want right now, I'm just grabbing whatever I can, to get it while I can.

I find that the Car/Money ratio is fair in this game, at least more fair than other Forzas. It's just over 3 weeks I have owned the game, and I have almost 275 cars, a good assortment too. I have been up to about 3 million credits at once, and find it fairly easy to get back to 1 million, (after spending it). It's easy to buy more cars, (many of the tier 1 cars can be had for the winnings of just 1 race), and all the while leveling up your Driver level up and getting another car (at what? around 75% of the time it's free) and often those cars are tier 3 or tier 4. Money can be earned by Free Play, Single player Forza Cup events and Multi Player hoppers, and Rivals events. Then throw in the Mod, Driver Gear and Car Crates and there are a myriad of ways to get to the same place... Driving Heaven. I'm not saying it's perfect, or can't be improved upon. I'm just happy with what I got.

I find that the Car/Money ratio is fair in this game, at least more fair than other Forzas. It's just over 3 weeks I have owned the game, and I have almost 275 cars, a good assortment too. I have been up to about 3 million credits at once, and find it fairly easy to get back to 1 million, (after spending it). It's easy to buy more cars, (many of the tier 1 cars can be had for the winnings of just 1 race), and all the while leveling up your Driver level up and getting another car (at what? around 75% of the time it's free) and often those cars are tier 3 or tier 4. Money can be earned by Free Play, Single player Forza Cup events and Multi Player hoppers, and Rivals events. Then throw in the Mod, Driver Gear and Car Crates and there are a myriad of ways to get to the same place... Driving Heaven. I'm not saying it's perfect, or can't be improved upon. I'm just happy with what I got.
I wasn't really talking about fairness.
Money is relatively easy(ish) to come by, if you're not getting expensive cars on your level up.
But,
At one point I had 10 level up rewards saved, because I simply couldn't afford the cars. (which I wanted) I ended up taking the cash and leaving most of them to buy The Zonda last week. (Including the Ferrari 599xx that I've never been able to drive in any game yet)((I also hadn't driven the Zonda, hence the forced choice into the harder-to-get car.

I have lots of cars, too. (around 230) My only gripe is that 85% of them have been completely random, and another 10% are DLC or prize cars. (not that I mind prize cars, I love them)
Example: Mountain Dew Nascar...um, car. I want it, but I got a free Nascar...car already. So I can wait until whenever the one I want shows up, or spend a chunk of change that might prevent me from nabbing a rare car in the specialty dealer that week.

Anyways, I know it's great for die-hards that have lots of time to play, but I have to believe I play more than the vast majority of players. (due to rare achievements and being a car nut)
So if it's "hard" for me, I can't imagine how a casual player feels.

I wasn't really talking about fairness.
Money is relatively easy(ish) to come by, if you're not getting expensive cars on your level up.
But,
At one point I had 10 level up rewards saved, because I simply couldn't afford the cars. (which I wanted) I ended up taking the cash and leaving most of them to buy The Zonda last week. (Including the Ferrari 599xx that I've never been able to drive in any game yet)((I also hadn't driven the Zonda, hence the forced choice into the harder-to-get car.

I have lots of cars, too. (around 230) My only gripe is that 85% of them have been completely random, and another 10% are DLC or prize cars. (not that I mind prize cars, I love them)
Example: Mountain Dew Nascar...um, car. I want it, but I got a free Nascar...car already. So I can wait until whenever the one I want shows up, or spend a chunk of change that might prevent me from nabbing a rare car in the specialty dealer that week.

Anyways, I know it's great for die-hards that have lots of time to play, but I have to believe I play more than the vast majority of players. (due to rare achievements and being a car nut)
So if it's "hard" for me, I can't imagine how a casual player feels.

I accumulated a lot of credits by turning down cars I did not want, 50,000 adds up over time. I don't race around the clock but I usually have 1.5 to 2 million and then a high price car comes to eat that up, but as it stands now, there are about 5 or 6 must haves still out there. I just dropped 1.1 for the Renault and it is awesome. :)

Also, if you have the Camaro FE, it gives 50% plus another 50g's if you hit 150mph. I got 171k for five laps at La Sarthe on expert with mods. This is now my go to for credits.

Last edited:
I accumulated a lot of credits by turning down cars I did not want, 50,000 adds up over time. I don't race around the clock but I usually have 1.5 to 2 million and then a high price car comes to eat that up, but as it stands now, there are about 5 or 6 must haves still out there. I just dropped 1.1 for the Renault and it is awesome. :)

Also, if you have the Camaro FE, it gives 50% plus another 50g's if you hit 150mph. I got 171k for five laps at La Sarthe on expert with mods. This is now my go to for credits.
I have a couple FE's like that, The GT-R is 50/50 at Suzuka, Camaro ZL1 40/40, etc. I don't really consider driving a specific car on a specific track, solely for the purpose of gaining credits fun though. I do it on rare occasions.
12 of those races would net a single car. It's not a problem with the price, it's trying to get it quickly because it will be gone. It's not like they picked rare cars, the 2015 Dodge Dart is locked.
The concept of needing to wait to find a 2015 Dodge Dart is downright hysterical. There's 50 within 10 miles of me.

It pretty much comes down to turning down cars at level up time, but that's only 50k. You have to turn down a LOT of high tier cars to get enough money for one. I think I took 7 level up cash bonuses instead of cars, and ran about 20 short races with mods to get the Zonda. (making game progress)

It's not game-breaking, it's just frustrating having to decide what to do with credits based on a "whenever you see it again" method. (Also being 159 locked cars in the game)

It's not game-breaking, it's just frustrating having to decide what to do with credits based on a "whenever you see it again" method. (Also being 159 locked cars in the game)

At 3 cars per week in the specialty dealer, that ends up to pretty much 40-ish weeks of cars when you're not including the FE cars, which logically on the calendar year would put us right about when FH4 should launch, which is pretty much what happened with Forzathon in FH3, plenty of good stuff up until they started announcing the FM7 cars, where then they just rehashed the older cars for the last few months.

Which leads me to believe most of the currently locked cars will end up as specialty dealer cars and the Forzathons will bring a bunch of Forza Edition cars or completely new cars/returning cars from the older games.

It pretty much comes down to turning down cars at level up time, but that's only 50k. You have to turn down a LOT of high tier cars to get enough money for one. I think I took 7 level up cash bonuses instead of cars, and ran about 20 short races with mods to get the Zonda. (making game progress)

If you see a car you really want in the level ups rewards but cant afford atm, then skip the price and pick it up later in the rewards thinghy in the main menu.

If you see a car you really want in the level ups rewards but cant afford atm, then skip the price and pick it up later in the rewards thinghy in the main menu.
I know, that's how I had 10 saved up to use for the Zonda. It may have been a "lucky" streak of expensive cars, because it hasn't been much of an issue the past week.
I think it might boil down to knowing that buying it now means it will cost 400k more than if I wait for it to come up. An unfortunate side effect of a pretty good system overall.
At 3 cars per week in the specialty dealer, that ends up to pretty much 40-ish weeks of cars when you're not including the FE cars, which logically on the calendar year would put us right about when FH4 should launch, which is pretty much what happened with Forzathon in FH3, plenty of good stuff up until they started announcing the FM7 cars, where then they just rehashed the older cars for the last few months.

Which leads me to believe most of the currently locked cars will end up as specialty dealer cars and the Forzathons will bring a bunch of Forza Edition cars or completely new cars/returning cars from the older games.
That's a really long time for anyone who's favorite ride is locked.
It worked great with FH3 because it was new cars, not cars listed as in the game that you have to wait an undisclosed amount of time to use.

When you tell people a lower number and give "extra" cars, they're a lot happier than when you do the opposite.

I can't help but feel like a few of this game's faults are the direct result of rabid fans online. Feeling pressured to release 700+ cars, because somehow FM6's count got manipulated to include DLC by some people who bought it all.
I'm actually curious if they even have all the cars finished, or if that's why there is a delay. (which would help explain the Samba Bus)

Only 12,7xx Ferraris sold as of 3 hours ago.
That VIP bonus sure helps. I spent 125k on mods, earned about 190k back from them, and still have a 3x 80% card unused from them.

I haven't bothered with any of the cars this time, as I have only been painting this week. All of my recent racing was in Gran Turismo Sport.

If any of these cars have leaderboard potential I might pick them up, but I highly doubt the Ferrari can beat the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

My GT-R Nismo is something like 45,275 :lol:
I bought it at the last minute.

Yeah, I think the first week I waited to buy from the specialty dealer, not being logged into here yet, I had no idea about the numbering. So I have a car that is 78,000 or thereabout. Honestly, not that big of a deal to me. Its' more about adding the car to my livery. I enjoyed the Dodge Charger Daytona and used it to get a good time in of oft he Rivals Challenges. Does anybody know what cars will be available later? And will it be a "Mad Dash" to be the first to get one? Is there gonna be a problem with the X-Box Live servers if everybody logs on and tries to buy these right away? I'm glad that I am in Mountain Time zone, 6pm for me. I can buy my cars and then go and watch the World Series! I already have enough money to buy whatever. (unless all 3 cars cost 1.5 million! then 2 outta 3 will have to do).

Does anybody know what cars will be available later? And will it be a "Mad Dash" to be the first to get one? Is there gonna be a problem with the X-Box Live servers if everybody logs on and tries to buy these right away?
1: Yes. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0, Nissan Silvia K’s and Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4.
2: Yes.
3: No.

I have a feeling the #1 Silvia will fetch an incredible amount of money from the drift kids on the auction house once it's put in place, and will end up changing hands more often than a cheap hooker in Vegas... :lol:

Back