Forza Motorsport 7 Tipped To Reveal This Week, Running in 4K on Project Scorpio

Still Driveclub has got the best rain/weather i have seen.$500 "power house" as some says cant do better then 4 years old game on years old console

Looks good. I won't be buying an Xbox anytime soon but in the not too far future I might look at getting another console so I'm seeing Forza moving forward in some areas that are important. Makes me think about getting Xbox again. But a couple things I don't like is the car/camera shake. Can you turn that off in previous titles? Another thing is the cars still seem like they're not attached to the road like in other games, and not just GT. I like the amount of cars they have and it looks like they're bragging about getting Porsche back! Rightly so.
If I remember correctly, I believe that was an option in the menus before.

No it can't.ps4 is 1.7tflop to 6 xboxx tflop.4.3 more tflop and it can't do rain better.
Also calling forza "the best sim "is a joke.forza is ARCADE racer not sim
u4sluch.jpg

No it can't.ps4 is 1.7tflop to 6 xboxx tflop.4.3 more tflop and it can't do rain better.
Also calling forza "the best sim "is a joke.forza is ARCADE racer not sim

It can certainly do rain better but a Forza M game wouldn't be FM if its running at 45 or 30 fps; 60 is a benchmark and they will maintain this no matter what.

I don't know who's calling it the best sim, but that it is not. However, neither is it an arcade racer. I think you need to play the likes of NFS, Burnout and TDU - those are arcade racers.

Forza is somewhere in the middle though it skews more toward the sim side of things since it has sim-like physics if not full-blown hardcore sim physics. You still have to be mindful of corner entry speeds and use the throttle to steer RWD cars mid-corner i.e. or learn weight transfer techniques to carry your speed and momentum properly out of a turn.

I love Driveclub as much as the next guy, but the graphics/weather system are possible from smaller car lineups in races and a closed track approach. And yeah, it also runs at 30fps and at 1080p. Forza 7 runs at 60fps and 1080p/4K, so yeah, I'd trade a less cool-looking weather system for smooth performance please.

On topic, I really loved the varied races we're going to get with F7, with the trucks and proper drift event. Can't wait. Oh, and all of the 700 cars are Forzavista. Hmm, some shots fired there. (I do realize that even with Forzavista, some models do look slightly less HQ than others, if you notice the FH3 add-on cars.)

I love Driveclub as much as the next guy, but the graphics/weather system are possible from smaller car lineups in races and a closed track approach. And yeah, it also runs at 30fps and at 1080p. Forza 7 runs at 60fps and 1080p/4K, so yeah, I'd trade a less cool-looking weather system for smooth performance please.

On topic, I really loved the varied races we're going to get with F7, with the trucks and proper drift event. Can't wait. Oh, and all of the 700 cars are Forzavista. Hmm, some shots fired there. (I do realize that even with Forzavista, some models do look slightly less HQ than others, if you notice the FH3 add-on cars.)

Aren't ALL of the cars in Horizon 3 and FM6 also in Forzavista?

Speaking of non-racing events like Drift, I think it's going to be a while before Forza has proper drag racing.. as in ridiculous-looking wide rear tires... 1500-2000+ HP engine swaps etc.

I mean I love the racing core but distractions are nice too!

Forza 7 runs at 60fps and 1080p/4K

Ah but the real question here is, will Forza motorsport 7 run at 60fps on the base xbox one? I have asked T10 a couple of times about this, and they do not seem to want to give an answer.

I just want to know how they have gotten Dynamic weather to work on the base. Was there any cuts needed to be made, or did they just find some work arounds?

Ah but the real question here is, will Forza motorsport 7 run at 60fps on the base xbox one? I have asked T10 a couple of times about this, and they do not seem to want to give an answer.

Why is that even a concern I wonder? To date, when has the game not run at 60 fps on console? The base game IS on the X-One.

I just want to know how they have gotten Dynamic weather to work on the base. Was there any cuts needed to be made, or did they just find some work arounds?

Oh you can bet there will be sacrifices to track and object detail, car detail and poly count etc. Very subtle but the keen and observant eye will pick those up instantly. Kind of like the loss in detail we saw between FM3-4 and FM5-6 respectively.

Oh you can bet there will be sacrifices to track and object detail, car detail and poly count etc. Very subtle but the keen and observant eye will pick those up instantly. Kind of like the loss in detail we saw between FM3-4 and FM5-6 respectively.
So, minor at best?

So, minor at best?

Well, the way I see it, the size of your TV and how far away you sit from it will definitely play a role. And unless you're used to gaming in 4K all the time, you may not notice it as much. There will still be 24 cars on grid and so far, there haven't been any milestones they've announced in the physics and sound department, so probably minor. But as I said, most of us might pick the changes right away and those obsessed with eye candy may not like those changes...

Merely speculation on my part - we'll have to wait for more news and a demo to make an accurate analysis. However, I hope they don't do a number on us by deliberately having prettier graphics in the demo. I think they did that with one of their games.. not sure which one. :odd:

Why is that even a concern I wonder? To date, when has the game not run at 60 fps on console? The base game IS on the X-One.

The dynamic weather adds to the stress of the simulation itself, hence it will require more processing resources. While it is entirely possible that they have manage to streamline the game to make it work at the same 1080p/60fps as expected on the base xbox one, it does not negate the fact that T10 have had some time to play with much stronger console hardware than the base xbox one allows. For this reason it should be considered a reasonable concern that potential concessions had been made to allow the game to run properly on the base xbox. Given that the easiest way around all that would be to limit the framerate to 30fps on the base xbox but allow full 60fps experience on the XoX (and on PC's with strong enough hardware). As I always said though, if anyone was to figure out dynamic weather at 1080p while having a solid 60fps framerate in a racing game on a console, it would be T10. Nice to see that I was potentially correct in that assumption.

I'm yet to see night footage.
Not only that, but something that can actually confirm time progression as well. That video of the GTR during the storm shows a lighting change, but who knows how exactly that works at this point.

Well, the way I see it, the size of your TV and how far away you sit from it will definitely play a role. And unless you're used to gaming in 4K all the time, you may not notice it as much. There will still be 24 cars on grid and so far, there haven't been any milestones they've announced in the physics and sound department, so probably minor. But as I said, most of us might pick the changes right away and those obsessed with eye candy may not like those changes...
So minor at best. The changes were pretty insignificant to warrant it as such an issue.

The dynamic weather adds to the stress of the simulation itself, hence it will require more processing resources. While it is entirely possible that they have manage to streamline the game to make it work at the same 1080p/60fps as expected on the base xbox one, it does not negate the fact that T10 have had some time to play with much stronger console hardware than the base xbox one allows. For this reason it should be considered a reasonable concern that potential concessions had been made to allow the game to run properly on the base xbox. Given that the easiest way around all that would be to limit the framerate to 30fps on the base xbox but allow full 60fps experience on the XoX (and on PC's with strong enough hardware). As I always said though, if anyone was to figure out dynamic weather at 1080p while having a solid 60fps framerate in a racing game on a console, it would be T10. Nice to see that I was potentially correct in that assumption.

Historically speaking, the guys at T10 have continued to add features over the years and not once has the game hiccuped at 60 fps (minus the rather odd split-second frame freeze from FM5). Their FM games are based on a 60 fps industry benchmark so I really can't imagine them sacrificing anything for that. Perhaps they could have introduced dynamic ToD/weather in even FM5, but from a business sense, you can't reveal all your cards in one game, you see. Maybe it was possible all along. I'm sure there's a lot more they could offer in FM7, but they won't, because they have to keep audiences anxious and interested in what FM8 brings to the table.

In any case, there's no way the game's running at 30 fps on the base console just for the sake of dynamic time of day effects. FM's simulation is based on 60 fps - anything less and the game will stray far away from the gameplay the developers have intended for the players. Much like COD - the thought of 30 fps gameplay is akin to blasphemy!

So minor at best. The changes were pretty insignificant to warrant it as such an issue.

Oh, nothing game breaking. That's for sure.

Historically speaking, the guys at T10 have continued to add features over the years and not once has the game hiccuped at 60 fps (minus the rather odd split-second frame freeze from FM5). Their FM games are based on a 60 fps industry benchmark so I really can't imagine them sacrificing anything for that. Perhaps they could have introduced dynamic ToD/weather in even FM5, but from a business sense, you can't reveal all your cards in one game, you see. Maybe it was possible all along. I'm sure there's a lot more they could offer in FM7, but they won't, because they have to keep audiences anxious and interested in what FM8 brings to the table.

In any case, there's no way the game's running at 30 fps on the base console just for the sake of dynamic time of day effects. FM's simulation is based on 60 fps - anything less and the game will stray far away from the gameplay the developers have intended for the players. Much like COD - the thought of 30 fps gameplay is akin to blasphemy!

Sometimes it plays to be a be a little cautious over things. What they could have done and what they seemingly have done are 2 separate things, but it never hurts to ask the question. Fair enough they like FM to run at a rock solid 60fps, and FM7 is no exception..... on the Xbox one X that is. There is nothing to say that either off their own backs or, or from pressure direct from Microsoft, that they could have limited the game to 30fps on the base xbox one. This is, for all intents and purposes, the first full Forza Motorsport game that is launching on xbox one, xbox one x and PC simultaneously. I would much rather inquire and get an answer than make an assumption the game on the base xbox one would be 60fps, than end up disappointing on release day because things where not as I expected.

Not only that, but something that can actually confirm time progression as well. That video of the GTR during the storm shows a lighting change, but who knows how exactly that works at this point.

I have a vague suspicion that the +200 ribbons are related to more weather presets like dawn, midday, dusk and night. I wouldn't mind a compromise like this if the dynamic weather comes with several different scenarios to spice up the environments. The static nature of FM6 tracks ended up being one the game's biggest issues in the long term. Seeing that same sun glare for the 300th time got stale.

Maybe there is time progression, but one would assume this also called for some research into sun trajectories at every location. Time will tell.

I have a vague suspicion that the +200 ribbons are related to more weather presets like dawn, midday, dusk and night. I wouldn't mind a compromise like this if the dynamic weather comes with several different scenarios to spice up the environments. The static nature of FM6 tracks ended up being one the game's biggest issue in the long term. Seeing that same sun glare for the 300th time got stale.
Thats a very big possibility, running the Time/weather as seperate tracks much like FM6, but at the same time, even with the overcast at the beginning of that race, it was definitely still brighter than it was at the end of the race when the sky was open.

Back