Forza Motorsport 7 Tipped To Reveal This Week, Running in 4K on Project Scorpio

I have been wondering if they have cut this corner. Regardless, the technology looks similar.
I doubt they're going to be able to sit in every country that these tracks are located in, and recreate the sky and how the weather is there, to be honest.

I have been wondering if they have cut this corner. Regardless, the technology looks similar.

Well technically, the sky over my head is the same one that's over yours... There are some weather differences between locations around the globe obviously, but FH3 recreates weather conditions pretty well, so why not.

I doubt they're going to be able to sit in every country that these tracks are located in, and recreate the sky and how the weather is there, to be honest.

Which is why the Australia theory may not be far-fetched. It's definitely not entirely the same weather effects, as revealed by the thunderstorm footage we've already seen.

Only thing I want to know about FM7, is if the game will still run at 60fps on the base xbox one. I will be getting an XoX (gonna preorder it tomorrow if my local game store are taking them), but I would still like to know the answer to that question before FM7's October release date. It is something that needs to be said, otherwise T10 could face yet another community backlash if it runs below 60fps on the base xbox one.
These were my thoughts also..they wouldn't be that stupid ! would they? .

Thankfully, it seems not. @DeadHero linked to a tweet on page 10 from Dan Greenawalt where he directly confirms that FM7 is native 1080p/60fps on the base xbox one console.
Awesome, i just hope they will have finally given hi res vinyls. get so cheesesd off spending hours on just one vinyl only to find on the car its nothing but a horrible blur.

Awesome, i just hope they will have finally given hi res vinyls. get so cheesesd off spending hours on just one vinyl only to find on the car its nothing but a horrible blur.

Man, don't get your hopes up cos' there's going to be a lot going on now that dynamic ToD is here. That's the only reason they bumped the vinyls down in 6 cos' of all the additional bells and whistles that came with it. For reference, go to FM5 and see how crystal clear the vinyls look.. but guess what? It had sparse particle effects, less cars.. no night or weather etc.

However, on the Scorpio, you might see razor sharp vinyls, yessiree!

Man, don't get your hopes up cos' there's going to be a lot going on now that dynamic ToD is here. That's the only reason they bumped the vinyls down in 6 cos' of all the additional bells and whistles that came with it. For reference, go to FM5 and see how crystal clear the vinyls look.. but guess what? It had sparse particle effects, less cars.. no night or weather etc.

However, on the Scorpio, you might see razor sharp vinyls, yessiree!

I think that's called P###ing on ones fireworks ! Will be interesting to see how things pan out as i have the suspicion that the standard Xbox One version is not graphically pleasant in certain areas. I'm still of the belief we should alter the frame rate to 30fps to improve things graphically.

I think that's called P###ing on ones fireworks ! Will be interesting to see how things pan out as i have the suspicion that the standard Xbox One version is not graphically pleasant in certain areas. I'm still of the belief we should alter the frame rate to 30fps to improve things graphically.
I am completely against that. One of the selling points, and the most wanted feature for me is the fact that these games are 60fps. I am 100% more competitive on this game compared to Horizon, and I'd prefer the hit in graphics compared to a hit in fps.

I am completely against that. One of the selling points, and the most wanted feature for me is the fact that these games are 60fps. I am 100% more competitive on this game compared to Horizon, and I'd prefer the hit in graphics compared to a hit in fps.

I know most will be against the idea, thats why i suggest an option to do so.

I know most will be against the idea, thats why i suggest an option to do so.
Didn't know you meant it as an option, since you said nothing of the sort.

Being prettier isn't the the better compromise, in my opinion.

"we being able to alter the framerate" surely would be interpretted as an option? Anyway, that's just my point of view from someone who spends hours on designs to find they are dreadful in game. If running at 30 or 45 fps and my designs look as good as they should, then i will it take with both hands. The idea of a slider of sorts for me would be great, i would be appalled if we still get crap vinyls on beautiffully crafted cars on the Xbox One X.

"we being able to alter the framerate" surely would be interpretted as an option?
I'm still of the belief we should alter the frame rate to 30fps to improve things graphically.
The way you worded it made it seem like "we should alter framerate" made it seem like the entire game as a whole, rather than an option. It's probably do to the fact that you missed a couple of words. Had you actually put "we should be able to alter the frame rate" I probably would have agreed with you.

Anyway, that's just my point of view from someone who spends hours on designs to find they are dreadful in game. If running at 30 or 45 fps and my designs look as good as they should, then i will it take with both hands.
The more and more you explain it, the less and less I agree. I would not take favor of the designs over a MAJOR gameplay feature like that. Ever. That's coming from someone who wouldn't mind graphic fidelity because I take a crap ton of photos, but I still wouldn't trade it regardless.
The idea of a slider of sorts for me would be great, i would be appalled if we still get crap vinyls on beautiffully crafted cars on the Xbox One X.
They've been getting better with each iteration. Even so, if its just to beautify you're vinyls, I would still opt to exclude that whole option all together. A quick edit to add to this point, apparantly, so far, vinyls seem to look the same as last game, but hopefully thats something that gets worked on. I still would not take the hit you're suggesting as a whole, but as an option that could work.

Last edited:

Oh no, please God no! A FM game at 30 fps? Eeekkh!! Physics would never feel right; we've already got Horizon - one arcade racing game is enough.

Try playing a PC sim at 30 fps - you won't be able to 'feel' the physics properly at anything less than 60 fps. Again, Horizon is already there if you're after graphics.

They've been getting better with each iteration. Even so, if its just to beautify you're vinyls, I would still opt to exclude that whole option all together. A quick edit to add to this point, apparantly, so far, vinyls seem to look the same as last game, but hopefully thats something that gets worked on. I still would not take the hit you're suggesting as a whole, but as an option that could work.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate robot. FM5's vinyls are far more consistent and sharp; nearly every car has high-res vinyls. They just don't blow up when you close in.

Oh no, please God no! A FM game at 30 fps? Eeekkh!! Physics would never feel right; we've already got Horizon - one arcade racing game is enough.

Try playing a PC sim at 30 fps - you won't be able to 'feel' the physics properly at anything less than 60 fps. Again, Horizon is already there if you're after graphics.
I can feel the physics just fine In Horizon. Lowering the FPS doesn't take one game from being a sim to being arcade. However, for the sake of precision and competitiveness, 60fps is a must for me in this game.

I can feel the physics just fine In Horizon. Lowering the FPS doesn't take one game from being a sim to being arcade. However, for the sake of precision and competitiveness, 60fps is a must for me in this game.

That's what I was getting at and to be more specific, no matter how accurate the physics are, they cannot be relayed to the player properly unless the game in motion feels real - i.e. 60 fps. that's the point I wanted to get across. I didn't compare it to Horizon; just said that 30 fps is where it belongs, never in a FM game. The core gameplay shines at 60 fps.

All the uncertainty surrounding the Xbox One version has left me doubting whether I should look forward to October 3rd or November 7th. I wouldn't like my first impression to be based on something running below the 60 FPS I have come to expect since FM6. Nor do I like the prospect of waiting an extra month to buy the Xbox One X only for Forza. I really hope the Xbox One Version will perform on par with the game it replaces. Then I can always think about upgrading later.

I know there's also PC now, but I never was a fan of fiddling with a myriad of hardware settings in order to find that sweet spot.

All the uncertainty surrounding the Xbox One version has left me doubting whether I should look forward to October 3rd or November 7th. I wouldn't like my first impression to be based on something running below the 60 FPS I have come to expect since FM6. Nor do I like the prospect of waiting an extra month to buy the Xbox One X only for Forza. I really hope the Xbox One Version will perform on par with the game it replaces. Then I can always think about upgrading later.

I know there's also PC now, but I never was a fan of fiddling with a myriad of hardware settings in order to find that sweet spot.

This has been my concern since the start when the One X specs were first announced and the Forza tech demo was shown.

I never get all this physics talk...Forza's physics are completely different/inferior to Assetto Corsa's, thats not down to FPS as Assetto Corsa doesn't run near to 60fps on console

How many of us played Geoff Crammonds Gp3 and GP4 at over 25.4fps on release...i certainly didn't, but was still an amazing game.

Ah, those were the days. :)

But this is now, today - and I certainly can't bear the thought of FM at 30 fps. The physics engine just feels beautiful at 60 and T10 have stuck to their guns for a very good reason.

To be completely frank, I'm somewhat displeased that the industry still has not set a 60 fps standard for ALL games the way it stresses on 1080p, at least for racers and shooters.

I never get all this physics talk...Forza's physics are completely different/inferior to Assetto Corsa's, thats not down to FPS as Assetto Corsa doesn't run near to 60fps on console

Ask the most seasoned AC players and they will never play the game at anything less than 60 fps, let alone a shaky 60 fps. For this very reason, many have abandoned the Xbox One version, and even the PS4 version in some cases (though it does have somewhat less frame hiccups), and moved on to PC entirely.

And let's not be quick to write off FM's physics as 'inferior' to AC. Yes, they are certainly not as nuanced as AC or even PCARS, but on the Xbox One, they are the best in business, with a fine balance between sim and casual (leaning somewhat more towards sim than the latter), given the sheer amount of content that's on offer.

I'd like to see AC pull off those physics with the same number of cars and tracks. The physics BTW, do have their issues - they certainly aren't perfect and PC sims like rFactor, RRE and iRacing are even superior to AC.

Last edited:
So because Game A is 'inferior' to game B we can't praise Game A? Assets Corsa has 22% of the cars in Forza 6 without DLC, and assuming Forza 7 drops with 700 cars, 13% of that car list. I'd like to see AC accurately portray 400+ cars. Asseto also has around 66% of the tracks in Forza.

If you want to criticize Forza, remember they have more vehicles, and a more mainstream audience. Considering this Forza physics are the best in terms of having a wide variety of cars to test, and having actual customization. Asseto Corsa is very bland compared. It's bland compared to Project Cars and even they don't have the amount of content in Forza 4 yet alone the newest iterations of Forza.

The way you worded it made it seem like "we should alter framerate" made it seem like the entire game as a whole, rather than an option. It's probably do to the fact that you missed a couple of words. Had you actually put "we should be able to alter the frame rate" I probably would have agreed with you.

The more and more you explain it, the less and less I agree. I would not take favor of the designs over a MAJOR gameplay feature like that. Ever. That's coming from someone who wouldn't mind graphic fidelity because I take a crap ton of photos, but I still wouldn't trade it regardless.

Well here's hoping we all get what we hope for. I shall be stuck with 1080p for a while, maybe by using 1080p , the fidelity of the vinyls will be improved due the power of the box being used elsewhere?

Ah, those were the days. :)

But this is now, today - and I certainly can't bear the thought of FM at 60 fps. The physics engine feels beautiful at those frames. Horizon not so much.

To be completely frank, I'm somewhat displeased that the industry still has not set a 60 fps standard for ALL games the way it stresses on 1080p, at least for racers and shooters.
Amen to that !

So because Game A is 'inferior' to game B we can't praise Game A? Assets Corsa has 22% of the cars in Forza 6 without DLC, and assuming Forza 7 drops with 700 cars, 13% of that car list. I'd like to see AC accurately portray 400+ cars. Asseto also has around 66% of the tracks in Forza.
You've absolutely missed the point.

The point was that the physics aren't better or worse, arcade or sim, because of what FPS they use. AC is not reaching 60fps, but it has better physics, so that should debunk the fact that just because its 60fps, doesn't mean it will always have superior physics.

I do not understand why there's stil speculation/confusion surrounding the fps on the base version. Dan has already confirmed via a tweet that the game runs at a native 1080p/60 fps on the regular X-One.

If you want to criticize Forza, remember they have more vehicles, and a more mainstream audience. Considering this Forza physics are the best in terms of having a wide variety of cars to test, and having actual customization. Asseto Corsa is very bland compared. It's bland compared to Project Cars and even they don't have the amount of content in Forza 4 yet alone the newest iterations of Forza.

+1 👍

Well here's hoping we all get what we hope for. I shall be stuck with 1080p for a while, maybe by using 1080p , the fidelity of the vinyls will be improved due the power of the box being used elsewhere?

Stuck with 1080p? You know, even on a midrange LCD TV that's set up properly and outputs native 1080p, that's all most of us really need. Crystal clear visuals, unless you sit really close, use a high sharpness setting and just like to nitpick (not a jab at you, just saying in general).

Again, the vinyls fidelity is an active design choice they made due to the inclusion of all the extras in FM6; a quick revisit to FM5 and you'll hardly find any vinyl blurriness either in Forza Vista or in-race.

However, the extra power of the Scorpio might mean razor-sharp vinyls with all the bells and whistles going off at full steam. :D

Not criticising Forza, it's my favourite game, and has been since the relaese of FM1.

My point is do we have to have 60fps for realistic physics?..No because Assetto Corsa trounces Forza (by all accounts) in that one department when often it runs way below 60fps on console.

You've absolutely missed the point.

The point was that the physics aren't better or worse, arcade or sim, because of what FPS they use. AC is not reaching 60fps, but it has better physics, so that should debunk the fact that just because its 60fps, doesn't mean it will always have superior physics.

It will have superior 'feel' as there are more frames being thrown at a more realistic rate, so 60 FPS can add to the minor adjustments of the car quite well. Also AC is fairly floaty on Xbox One, I wouldn't say it's automatically better.

Not criticising Forza, it's my favourite game, and has been since the relaese of FM1.

My point is do we have to have 60fps for realistic physics?..No because Assetto Corsa trounces Forza (by all accounts) in that one department when often it runs way below 60fps on console.

Again, AC is fairly floaty on Xbox One.

Back