Forza Motorsport 7 Tipped To Reveal This Week, Running in 4K on Project Scorpio

I wonder if that entails starting over though if all your info is saved on the Xbox One? And, if you'll be able to re-download any VIP/DLC content you already had before hand as well.
You won't start over as your save data is all in the cloud

You'll only have to redownload content if your FM7 is installed on the internal HDD of your Xbox One. If it's one a external HDD, you can literally take it out of the XB1, plug it straight into the One X and it'll work seamlessly.

Well, they've introduced dynamic weather and time of day so that is very welcome indeed. It's going to be interesting to do 25 lap or more races and see all that stuff shifting. Epic!

BTW, if you look closely in the reveal, the super truck is being driven on Suzuka!

And the new creative director at T10 says Mugello and Maple Valley are going to be on the roster. I think his name's Ben; there's a 6 minute something clip on YT,

IMO graphics are just underwhelming. This is all the new xbox can do? Nowhere near photorealism.
Driveclub, even if at 30fps, still dominates everything else (again, in terms of photorealism). GT Sport still looks a lot better than this. You can add all the details, all the vibrating windshield wipers and spoilers you want....FM7 still looks plastic and fake. I'm really disappointed by the graphics, I was expecting a lot more since I play FM almost every day since october 2009.
Ok graphics are not a deal breaker, but if T10 won't announce penalties for corner cutters and crashers, plus good FFB support for the Logitech G920, I will not buy Forza this time. That's all I need to enjoy it.

I've seen the xbox one x presentation with all the other titles....same story. Underwhelming graphics.

IMO graphics are just underwhelming. This is all the new xbox can do? Nowhere near photorealism.
Driveclub, even if at 30fps, still dominates everything else (again, in terms of photorealism). GT Sport still looks a lot better than this. You can add all the details, all the vibrating windshield wipers and spoilers you want....FM7 still looks plastic and fake. I'm really disappointed by the graphics, I was expecting a lot more since I play FM almost every day since october 2009.
Ok graphics are not a deal breaker, but if T10 won't announce penalties for corner cutters and crashers, plus good FFB support for the Logitech G920, I will not buy Forza this time. That's all I need to enjoy it.

I've seen the xbox one x presentation with all the other titles....same story. Underwhelming graphics.
Since you're just posting it everywhere..

Driveclub, even if at 30fps, still dominates everything else (again, in terms of photorealism). GT Sport still looks a lot better than this.
I don't know, I feel they've all done pretty good in the visuals, and they've all approached it completely different. Driveclub has been able to achieve what it has because the physics aren't up to par with things like Forza and GTS, and also only runs 8 cars at once all the while running at half the FPS. GTS looks extremely beautiful, but to achieve what they've set out for they had to remove Dynamic situations from the game completely in order to do that, and even still, are having small FPS issues. Forza is looking very good too, considering all its labeled as, especially with the introduction of Dynamic Weather(and possibly TOD), and especially having 24 cars on track at once*.

They've all took different routes, and made spectacularly beautiful games, but if you look deeper, you can notice why these three games are able to do what they're doing. I appreciate what these three games have done, especially taking into consideration what they have to work around. They're all damn nice looking.

I don't know, I feel they've all done pretty good in the visuals
Well, what can I say....I still think Turn 10 are way behind with their graphics realism.
To have steady 60fps, 24 cars on track and all you want....they are sacrificing photorealism.

Again it is all about the 'looks'. Actually have something reasonable to complain about instead of graphics. What about appreciating T10's efforts, such as adding dynamic weather FOR THE FIRST TIME!?

Why graphics? Btw the game looks good enough to be enjoyed, and at least it's not the only thing they are focusing on...

And outside of the trailer, nothing else has been announced as of yet so chill out!

Well, what can I say....I still think Turn 10 are way behind with their graphics realism.
To have steady 60fps, 24 cars on track and all you want....they are sacrificing photorealism.
Regardless of what they're behind on, you missed the point completely. The only reason these games have been doing what they're doing is because of the sacrifices they've had to make to get it to that point. Each one of these titles sacrificed something.

Still, in my opinion, it isn't exactly a big issue. I'd like more graphical fidelity, but I'm also a bit considerate of the potential changes that would have to happen to get everything we'd want. I'm happy with the compromises made, for all games.

I'm not sure T10 is sacrificing anything to be honest. That's a lot of power on the XBO-X (Xbox? lol).

I think it's the artistic direction more than anything. As others have said, FM7 is not quite as realistic looking as GT-S. I think they could do that if they wanted, but they seem less interested in the pursuit of photorealism than PD. The visuals are still beautiful, but they aren't exactly "real."

don't wanna go off topic but some people here are bashing forza for its GFX makes me laugh. They say it looks nowhere near GTS and Driveclub. Im not saying that those games looks bad or anything, they look fantastic but lets face it. One is a arcade racer that runs at 1080P 30fps with 12 cars on screen. The other is more comparable but runs at 1800p 60~55fps with checkboarding and 20 cars on screen with no dynamic weather or time. Forza on the other hand runs 4K 60fps locked with 24 cars on screen with dynamic weather and maybe time. Don't show me gifs or scape photo's show me real gameplay and you appreciate Forza more. NO HATE AGAINST GTS just showing some real footage
qXSQ15X.png
17833962_101556143955qou1b.jpg
3ddGranTurismoSportClos.png
granturismosportcloseb3sfs.png
D8etCdU.png
hysc.jpg

Attachments

• V4A7ki.png
    V4A7ki.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure T10 is sacrificing anything to be honest. That's a lot of power on the XBO-X (Xbox? lol).

I think it's the artistic direction more than anything. As others have said, FM7 is not quite as realistic looking as GT-S. I think they could do that if they wanted, but they seem less interested in the pursuit of photorealism than PD. The visuals are still beautiful, but they aren't exactly "real."

Sure, but I think they've actively gone in that direction. They want their game to stand apart, not just look like a GT or DC game, you know? No doubt the Scorpio can spit out photorealistic visuals at 4K in a Forza game, but it's probably not a very high priority on their list. Historically speaking, the game's visuals have been the least of my concerns, TBH.

Sure, but I think they've actively gone in that direction. They want their game to stand apart, not just look like a GT or DC game, you know? No doubt the Scorpio can spit out photorealistic visuals at 4K in a Forza game, but it's probably not a very high priority on their list. Historically speaking, the game's visuals have been the least of my concerns, TBH.

That's what I just said. :lol:

Thats true as well, but what they have to do is now take the base into consideration too. That's likely where any sacrificing towards the X is going to come in.

I'm really interested in how this is going to pan out for both the base and the X.

Actually have something reasonable to complain about instead of graphics.
You're complaining about my opinion right now.
So other people can praise the graphics and I can't give my honest point of view, which is the exact opposite?

NO HATE AGAINST GTS just showing some real footage
To have a complete comparison you should also add video footage, not just still images. Videos with all the camera angles (replays included), the visual effects, everything

Last edited:
So others people can praise the graphics and I can't give my honest point of view, which is the exact opposite?
Your honest point of view is worded poorly, hence the reaction.

There's no denying GT has better graphics, but that's easy to accomplish when you make it such a huge priority in development & you're putting in half-decades to create the game.

Thats true as well, but what they have to do is now take the base into consideration too. That's likely where any sacrificing towards the X is going to come in.

I'm really interested in how this is going to pan out for both the base and the X.

Pretty sure the only advantage you get on the Scorpio are cleaner looking graphics with more visible detail and HDR color gamut. Perhaps faster loading times. Other than that, if they change up too many things visually, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.

hardvibes, I am with you on the graphics. They are impressive, but not the photo realism I was hoping they would have pushed for. Honestly, that is one of my major peeves about Forza. They tout realism in the simulation, but then they give beautiful CGI, that looks like CGI. EH.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to playing it on PC.

Pretty sure the only advantage you get on the Scorpio are cleaner looking graphics with more visible detail and HDR color gamut. Perhaps faster loading times. Other than that, if they change up too many things visually, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.
I'm not talking about what advantages you'd get with it, but what is going to be have to be taken down a notch, just because of what has to be accessible for the base. We really don't have an idea how this is going to pan out, yet.

So others people can praise the graphics and I can't give my honest point of view, which is the exact opposite?
Apologies if I had missed the "IMO" mark. But ignoring the graphics, I've been saying beyond just the trailer, nothing else hasn't been announced as of yet and some of us should at least wait before jumping into conclusions. That, however, doesn't mean you can't voice your opinion, such as E3 as a whole. Again I apologize if I have missed it.

The problem with Forza's graphics is that the poor lighting really makes it difficult to really show them off. T10 has made improvements in this area but it still needs work.

I wouldn't mind seeing an extended video of the Dynamic Weather and TOD if thats possible, to get a better look into it. I wonder if we can select options for them before the races, or if they're built into a specific track.

I'm not talking about what advantages you'd get with it, but what is going to be have to be taken down a notch, just because of what has to be accessible for the base. We really don't have an idea how this is going to pan out, yet.

Only the resolution gets scaled back most likely - 4K to 1080p downscaling. And no HDR for original X-One.

The problem with Forza's graphics is that the poor lighting really makes it difficult to really show them off. T10 has made improvements in this area but it still needs work.

In all honesty, I wish they'd redo the lighting altogether. Probably not happening as T10 seem to be happy with the look of the game. FM2 and 3 had such natural looking lighting and deep colors. That look has been replaced with a bright, glossy and oversaturated one.

But mehh... !

Only the resolution gets scaled back most likely - 4K to 1080p downscaling. And no HDR for original X-One
You're still not understanding my point. They can likely do so much more if they didn't have a base hardware too worry about.

You're still not understanding my point.

How about you understand this:

From a business perspective, simply put, they will not scale back anything.. not detail, not features etc. because the base game IS on Xbox One not Scorpio. Horizon 3 for example, has HDR functionality on the One S, and it has HDR as well as 4K support on PC. Apart from that, both the PC and Xbox One versions are identical.

The Scorpio is practically on par with a mid-high range gaming PC - T10/MS have wisely used the extra HP to up the resolution and add better color (but wait, the One S can also do that as was the case with Horizon 3). A Forza version that has superior graphic detail level and extra features on a faster console would cause a community uproar without a doubt. They wouldn't want to alienate current Xbox One and One S owners.

Let's discuss the reveal trailer for a moment - did it honestly look like a Scorpio game? The detail levels were what you'd expect from a current generation FM game and it's been documented in multiple articles (including one by DF) that the game utilized 80% of the Scorpio's GPU and 70% of its CPU while doing a FM7 stress test.

Looks good. I won't be buying an Xbox anytime soon but in the not too far future I might look at getting another console so I'm seeing Forza moving forward in some areas that are important. Makes me think about getting Xbox again. But a couple things I don't like is the car/camera shake. Can you turn that off in previous titles? Another thing is the cars still seem like they're not attached to the road like in other games, and not just GT. I like the amount of cars they have and it looks like they're bragging about getting Porsche back! Rightly so.

Back