Forza Motorsport 7 Tipped To Reveal This Week, Running in 4K on Project Scorpio

Remember that Driveclub was always targetting 30 fps, not 60, and since they hit that target they likely never bothered to optimize it further. 45-50 fps for a launch title which was aiming for 30 is nothing to scoff at :)
It is when it's already running considerably less cars, a lower physics model and things off that nature. Plus that still does nothing for the fact that Forza still hasn't achieved dynamic TOD and weather at 60fps on the base platform as of yet. They're able to achieve that because of it's drastically different focus.

Edit: wrong wording, it's not something to Scoff at, you're correct.

It is when it's already running considerably less cars, a lower physics model and things off that nature. Plus that still does nothing for the fact that Forza still hasn't achieved dynamic TOD and weather at 60fps on the base platform as of yet. They're able to achieve that because of it's drastically different focus.

Good point, forgot about the lower amount of cars.

I think Driveclub does actually simulate a lot of physics though. They may not be realistic, but when disabling all its assists it becomes a very different beast.

Still: It has the best looking weather effects of any driving game to date (maybe even of any game period), so I still consider it a goal for Turn 10 :)

Good point, forgot about the lower amount of cars.

I think Driveclub does actually simulate a lot of physics though. They may not be realistic, but when disabling all its assists it becomes a very different beast.

Still: It has the best looking weather effects of any driving game to date (maybe even of any game period), so I still consider it a goal for Turn 10 :)
I made an edit to my post, I didn't mean to say that it is something to Scoff at.

Having not played DC I have no first hand experience but from what I've seen and read I understand it to be more of an arcade racer. That's not too say that it's not simulating things in a serious nature, though.

During today's Forza RC stream one of the commentators let slip that he's looking forward to Forza Motorsport 7 on the Scorpio. I can't get the clip as I'm on a tablet right now but if somebody is looking for it check between Races 2 and 3 of today's Forza RC EU stream.

Nothing much else to add other than that but at least we all know it's a thing now ;)

Nothing much else to add other than that but at least we all know it's a thing now ;)
well, many of us knew its a 100% sure thing since last year's scorpio reveal vid. :cheers:
I expect FM7 to steal the crown from FM5 for my personal best of achievements, the "best ever console launch game". 👍

Well, as good as they are, Turn10 still have to conform to microsoft scheduling, so probably that's why they ain't talking much.

On another note, on a recent twitch stream, the one were Dan dropped by for a few mins, Brian said that they're expanding to brand new office space next month, and that they are keeping their old premises too to transform into broadcasting/rig studios.
Also Dan talked about how its their known task to cater simultaneously to very different audiences, and seemed like he's on top of that.

Also Dan talked about how its their known task to cater simultaneously to very different audiences, and seemed like he's on top of that.

Well, shucks! FM7 may further branch down the semi-arcade route. Well, there goes hopes for improved physics. :irked:

I say have faith speedster911 :cool:
they consistently deliver.
I was there day 1 on xbone, and even in the midst of that trainwreck xbone release was, they had FM5 day1.
FM5 was so much improved (meat & bones, the things you are worried about) to FM4, it was not even funny.
And they are in "growth mode" for some time.
so... relax and enjoy, that's my 2c's

It's easy to read between the lines but I don't think we should micro-analyse every single thing he says. The truth is there are very different audiences in Forza, before you even consider the split between Motorsport and Horizon. There are racers, drifters, drag racers, painters, wreckers, Auction House flippers, photographers, video makers, wreckers etc.

It's easy to read between the lines but I don't think we should micro-analyse every single thing he says. The truth is there are very different audiences in Forza, before you even consider the split between Motorsport and Horizon. There are racers, drifters, drag racers, painters, wreckers, Auction House flippers, photographers, video makers, wreckers etc.

And contrary to what the opinion is on GTPlanet, you simply cannot sell a hardcore racing sim to the general public and expect it to be a triple AAA title based on just racing. You need to make concessions.

It's the same sort of scenario GT, and now Project CARS is facing. The prospect of broadening your market share is a tantalizing thing for developers.

And contrary to what the opinion is on GTPlanet, you simply cannot sell a hardcore racing sim to the general public and expect it to be a triple AAA title based on just racing. You need to make concessions.

It's the same sort of scenario GT, and now Project CARS is facing. The prospect of broadening your market share is a tantalizing thing for developers.
Agreed. There's a reason 4 million people played any Forza title last month, and it's not because it's a hardcore super-serious simulator.

I enjoy "serious racing" as do many others, but I'm well aware that such a sub-community doesn't make up a significant percentage of the player base.

It's the same with the game that I work on; although we get 1000+ players at our biggest tournaments, our sales come from the vast majority who go no further than their local toy/hobby store.

Agree with you both.
1 - Dan did mention specifically the part of the customers that seek some form of online racing litigation though, so it is not completely unreasonable to expect some kind of overhaul to that specific part.
who knows, we'll see.
2 - I have thought this several times: Try to put yourself in the shoes of the guy @Turn10 that gets to study the online statistics (ex. car-to-car contact and loss of control - spinouts -1st corner multicrashes etc) and is his job to figure out ways to increase his audience's satisfaction and numbers...
Maybe-probably I wouldn't have the jedi temper to make only delicate changes like they did from FM5 to FM6. Maybe I'd go full ham and make it forgiving almost like they did in horizon. :))) (would semi-kill it for me, but... business)
So its not all black and white. Hopefully they have a good solution for this, basically for everyone. I can think of a staggered system that would work pretty good, and probably they can think even better. We'll see soonish

I say have faith speedster911 :cool:
they consistently deliver.
I was there day 1 on xbone, and even in the midst of that trainwreck xbone release was, they had FM5 day1.
FM5 was so much improved (meat & bones, the things you are worried about) to FM4, it was not even funny.
And they are in "growth mode" for some time.
so... relax and enjoy, that's my 2c's

Well, yes... but FM6 took a step or two back in terms of physics and so did Horizon 3 and that's what worries me. I don't know what franchise they're trying to beat; I sure hope its not the NFS crowd.

I don't know why they're so shy to include a full-on hardcore physics model. The casual crowd can always keep that OFF, it's that simple.

Agreed. There's a reason 4 million people played any Forza title last month, and it's not because it's a hardcore super-serious simulator.

I enjoy "serious racing" as do many others, but I'm well aware that such a sub-community doesn't make up a significant percentage of the player base.

It's the same with the game that I work on; although we get 1000+ players at our biggest tournaments, our sales come from the vast majority who go no further than their local toy/hobby store.

What game is that?

Last edited:
What game is that?
home.jpg

Well, yes... but FM6 took a step or two back in terms of physics and so did Horizon 3 and that's what worries me. I don't know what franchise they're trying to beat; I sure hope its not the NFS crowd.

I don't know why they're so shy to include a full-on hardcore physics model. The casual crowd can always keep that OFF, it's that simple.

What game is that?

What part of FM6 physics model went backwards?

To be honest, I think it went forward and made everything more progressive and react much more smoothly, mimicking real life better than its predecessor.

You can't turn off physics. It'll be the same physics for everyone involved. They aren't aiming to be hardcore, so it makes sense that they aren't trying to do it.

Horizon and Motorsport are 2 different series, made by 2 different developers. They share assets such as licenses and car models, but use their own game/graphics and physics engines.

Horizon has always been a simcade series (going full arcade now). It was never meant to be anything close to a sim. The NFS crowd is actually exactly the demographic they're aiming for, especially since EA/NFS themselves have abandoned it years ago.

Motorsport however is inching towards sim (FM6 definitely went a few steps forward since FM4/5), but is limited by the fact that it runs on a console. Not technologically persé, but because it needs a certain mass appeal to sell enough units (and thus an emphasis on graphics and content over accurate physics, mostly). That said, it *is* still moving forward in the physics department, and is aiming for the more 'serious' racing game players on the platform.

Horizon and Motorsport are 2 different series, made by 2 different developers. They share assets such as licenses and car models, but use their own game/graphics and physics engines.

Horizon has always been a simcade series (going full arcade now). It was never meant to be anything close to a sim. The NFS crowd is actually exactly the demographic they're aiming for, especially since EA/NFS themselves have abandoned it years ago.

Motorsport however is inching towards sim (FM6 definitely went a few steps forward since FM4/5), but is limited by the fact that it runs on a console. Not technologically persé, but because it needs a certain mass appeal to sell enough units (and thus an emphasis on graphics and content over accurate physics, mostly). That said, it *is* still moving forward in the physics department, and is aiming for the more 'serious' racing game players on the platform.

Gosh, I do hope FM7 blows the competition out of the water in terms of physics and audio - those are my only concerns at the moment. On Horizon, if you go back to the original one, it is the least arcadey of the three, interestingly.

Gosh, I do hope FM7 blows the competition out of the water in terms of physics and audio - those are my only concerns at the moment. On Horizon, if you go back to the original one, it is the least arcadey of the three, interestingly.

Tbh I don't think it will. It's gonna sound and play largely the same as FM6.

If those are your only concerns, I think other games do those things better. Asseto Corsa for handling (especially sim physics, they build simulators) and Raceroom for sounds (definitely the best sounds for any car racing game ATM. Not to take anything away from Forza that is; I think Motorsports physics and sounds are good. Just not quite as good as those two games.

It doesn't use its own physics, it uses a watered down version of the Motorsport series, if I remember correctly. Everything else is correct though.

I would still say they're firmly planted in the Simcade category though, as they do enough to mimic reality. The new expansion doesn't take away from what the base game was already doing.

It will never blow away the competition in terms of physics, because its not aiming and having a strict focus in comparison to games like Pcars and AC. If you want physics first and foremost, you're probably playing the wrong game. I don't see this game reaching into that level, atleast not anytime soon.

Do you think they will change or update the graphics/game engine with more realistic lighting? (apologies if this has been covered).

I do like Forza6 and the photomode is very enjoyable (I would like more realistic settings but can't see this happening) but some thing doesn't quite feel right to make it all feel 'realistic' every time. I'm quite happy with all the car tracks choices/physics are not too bad and the Audio could be improved to make it all a little more 'raw' pops/bangs/increased chassis/less tyre noise etc but as an overall package of a pick up and play game I have ended up going to this rather than FH3 lately when I fire up the Xbox one.

Do you think they will change or update the graphics/game engine with more realistic lighting? (apologies if this has been covered).

I do like Forza6 and the photomode is very enjoyable (I would like more realistic settings but can't see this happening) but some thing doesn't quite feel right to make it all feel 'realistic' every time. I'm quite happy with all the car tracks choices/physics are not too bad and the Audio could be improved to make it all a little more 'raw' pops/bangs/increased chassis/less tyre noise etc but as an overall package of a pick up and play game I have ended up going to this rather than FH3 lately when I fire up the Xbox one.

Amm, most likely not. They've always gone for the CGI, color-popping/animated movie look although I will very happily eat my hat if they finally get the game to look photorealistic.

One thing I am eagerly anticipating and hoping for is the return of fantasy tracks from FM3/4. Those were really something. And those dirty exhaust, revving and downshifting sounds from FM4 - it would send me over the moon to see those return.. all cleaned up, uncompressed and boosted for max detail/clarity. I absolutely love everything about the soundstage in FM4: the exhaust pops, the sound of the wind and road noise picking up the faster you go, partially drowning out the engine decibels. Or how the in-cockpit sound gets louder the more weight reduction stages you apply and of course that tranny whine once you install a race trans on a road car. Brilliant!

Same here, I do find myself going to FM6 and 5 more often than H3 - the 30 fps make me queasy after a while and well, it can get a bit silly. That's when I crave proper track driving.

One thing I am eagerly anticipating and hoping for is the return of fantasy tracks from FM3/4.

I would love for those tracks to return (especially the one comprised of 3 different tracks, I forgot it's name). Although I would settle for the new halo track if there is one being anything other than another underwhelming city track (granted Rio does a couple decent layouts).

I would love for those tracks to return (especially the one comprised of 3 different tracks, I forgot it's name). Although I would settle for the new halo track if there is one being anything other than another underwhelming city track (granted Rio does a couple decent layouts).

I think you are referring to Camino Viejo Demonserrat. Hope I spelled that correctly! Lovely circuit, particularly the extreme layout. Looked stunning in FM3.

Rio is nice but the fantasy ones from previous games are much much more fun like New York, Maple, Camino, Kaido (oh how badly I want my Kaido).

Back