Forza Motorsport 7: Totino's Car Pack & January 2018 Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 162 comments
Same with me but just go to buy car section and they should all be there for free to add to garage. With the Hyundai pack I went to marketplace from Forza 7 and added through there cost nothing (free).

Thank you!
I was trying everything, restating game, console, web store...

Bit of a bug with my SUBARU 360
upload_2018-1-17_9-0-38.png

When scrolling through my garage I also noticed one on the hood of my Volvo S60 Polestar

Also holy crap are some people slow
8b468c55-5b67-4625-9143-bdd4503b611d.PNG

Is there somewhere I can find how to obtain all the exclusive cars which can't be accessed via the standard method?

The main thing I'm not keen on as far as FM7 goes is the whole locked cars thing. I don't mind it in principle if all of the cars could be unlocked in-game by completing championships, prize crates etc but having to beat certain times set by T10 staff in order to obtain them seems unfair since not everyone is Lewis Hamilton and not everyone has access to a wheel.

^ It's all relative JR. I've no doubt some of those probably think they're Ayrton Senna incarnate but on the other hand, others probably may say the same thing about you. All relative :) I think of myself as a decent driver yet some people beat my times on Spa by 20 plus seconds for example....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping the 2CV and Subaru 360 are in the Major Micros division!
I haven't verified for the 360, however yes the 2CV is in the Major Micros division, so I suppose that is the same for 360 ;-)

Ok I'm French, I like the 2CV it's funny, but put it in Forza :censoredL Motorsport I don't understand. Couldn't they put on the new Alpine A110? -_-

It should already separate Renault and Alpine I find ... because having the A110 and the GTA in the Renault while we have the Abarth separated from Fiat ... After personnaly to see new French cars, I would prefer the Citroen DS / SM, the Peugeot 405T16 (which was also leaked) / RCZ, Renault Caravelle / R8 / Spider ... And if we stay Alpine I vote A310 and A610: p

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get a chance to drive all of the cars, but so far I like the ones I did drive. Course I like the 964! The Lotus is good fun too, but my first impression was that it's slower than it looks, but I don't mean that in a bad way. I expected it to be different is all. I also drove the Subaru 360 around the full Nurburgring+GP for some reason... took me 20 minutes. :lol:

I noticed there are no shifting animations in the Type 3, 2CV and Elise. These cars aren't fitted with automatic transmissions, are they?

It's amazing that we're getting some of these obscure cars in a high budget current gen game with full interiors as well, they don't exactly scream "market research" and "focus testing", by far the vast majority of people out there don't even know these cars exist, just shows that there are still some dedicated petrolheads at Turn10 that got their fingers on a good chunk of money from MS and went full on crazy with the cars they wanna bring into the game, I can't imagine this happenning at any other studio. PD is too slow and have a long way to include even the absolute basic cars that even an average joe recognises, smaller devs like SMS and Kunos simply don't have that kind of cash to spend on little known cars from the past. T10 is in a special position where they have the money and the manpower to bring the wildest car fantasies to life.

The main thing I'm not keen on as far as FM7 goes is the whole locked cars thing. I don't mind it in principle if all of the cars could be unlocked in-game by completing championships, prize crates etc but having to beat certain times set by T10 staff in order to obtain them seems unfair since not everyone is Lewis Hamilton and not everyone has access to a wheel.

Again, stop double- (or in this case, triple-)posting; the Edit button is there for a reason. 👍

I agree that locking cars away with no word on how they'll eventually be available is problematic. But only a handful have been genuinely hard to get; that is, beating the monthly Bounty Hunter time. A car is gifted out to every player that makes an attempt. It's only the second car that requires you to beat the mark. Besides that, League prizes are participation trophies, Forzathon challenges tend to be pretty simple, and the Specialty Dealer apparently is just cycling now.

Plus, even if rare cars were locked behind single-player events, like past Forzas and GTS, there'd be an issue where some folks couldn't win there either. It's an unfortunate game design catch-22; you want players to feel like they've accomplished something, but you don't want to make it too difficult.

The current system needs a re-think IMO; it's been explained to me first-hand why this approach was taken, but I don't believe most players will simply keep playing regularly in the hopes one of the 70+ locked cars come up in some community event. At least not those of us that played FM6.

I don’t remember the Lotus being as friendly to drive in GT2.
Every car in Forza Motorsport 7 is easier to drive due to the changes in its physics model. Some cars that were undriveable on Street/Sport tyres in previous games almost handle like they have Race tyres now.

So, slightly off-topic, but would anyone be interested in a 2CV racing series? I know they do it in real-life (for 24 hours sometimes!). Lemme know.
It's dominating the CRM poll, I think people want to race it :)

upload_2018-1-17_15-50-15.png

A racing spec 2CV would probably be around C/500 with a cage, sport tyres and more power. At Homologation spec you're almost flat out through every corner on most tracks.

Plus, even if rare cars were locked behind single-player events, like past Forzas and GTS, there'd be an issue where some folks couldn't win there either. It's an unfortunate game design catch-22; you want players to feel like they've accomplished something, but you don't want to make it too difficult.

It's not like you can't have both - Blizzard Mountain in Forza Horizon 3 gave you a Ram Runner HE for getting every star, but the car was also occasionally seen as a Forzathon prize. I don't think it would've been unreasonable to give players a single specific locked car for winning every race in a specific championship within the Forza Drivers Cup, especially considering the Forza 7 system lets you play on the absolute easiest difficulty with all assists on and still progress just the same as someone using the most hardcore of settings .

I don’t remember the Lotus being as friendly to drive in GT2.
That's due to GT2's bumpy track geometry. The Lotus was keen of jumping (and eventually spinning out) on banked turns in GT2. That was somewhat fixed with increasing the car's stability, but that still did leave a bad aftertaste.

It also had 200 more hp and 600 less pounds in GT2. And it's possible we might have had "a few" advances in gaming and controller inputs in the last 17 years... :P

There was also the issue of GT2's "freaky physics", where aero could do some crazy stuff for certain cars (looking at you, R30 Skyline).

Oh man, I miss those days.

Haven't been able to drive the Elise yet, but I'm guessing it probably will feel more sedate than the 3-Eleven. That's progress these days.

It's not like you can't have both - Blizzard Mountain in Forza Horizon 3 gave you a Ram Runner HE for getting every star, but the car was also occasionally seen as a Forzathon prize. I don't think it would've been unreasonable to give players a single specific locked car for winning every race in a specific championship within the Forza Drivers Cup, especially considering the Forza 7 system lets you play on the absolute easiest difficulty with all assists on and still progress just the same as someone using the most hardcore of settings .

That's a good point. 👍

I think the big problem is the sheer number of cars that are locked away. It'd be one thing if it were a few, but it's something like 1/8 of the lineup. That just smacks of contradictory to the core message of the game; one of car-owning/driving escapism.

That's a good point. 👍

I think the big problem is the sheer number of cars that are locked away. It'd be one thing if it were a few, but it's something like 1/8 of the lineup. That just smacks of contradictory to the core message of the game; one of car-owning/driving escapism.

Really, Forza 7 as a whole is a smack in the face of contradictory design philosophies and gameplay elements.

That's due to GT2's bumpy track geometry. The Lotus was keen of jumping (and eventually spinning out) on banked turns in GT2. That was somewhat fixed with increasing the car's stability, but that still did leave a bad aftertaste.

Thanks! I remember having a really bizarre tune on it.

The Lotus Elise only has around 300hp stock doesnt it? I was expecting something a bit wilder but then realised the twin turbo V8 would be the road going unit from the Esprit not the race engine that made a fire breathing 600hp and I mean that literally-just go ask Mike Hezemans..

Ended up getting 2 Elise GT1's

Road Car with stock 350HP engine (S736)
Race Car with 590HP 6.2 Twin Turbo V8 (R900)

Drove both around the Ring and they were both a blast. Think I got a 6:46 in the race car

The Lotus Elise only has around 300hp stock doesnt it? I was expecting something a bit wilder but then realised the twin turbo V8 would be the road going unit from the Esprit not the race engine that made a fire breathing 600hp and I mean that literally-just go ask Mike Hezemans..
The car from this pack, like any production model of Esprit V8, has a de-tuned 350hp Type 918 twin-turbo V8. Race cars existed in two flavors - with 550hp Type 918 twin-turbo V8 and with 615hp Chevrolet LT5 V8 with Garret turbochargers.

Ended up getting 2 Elise GT1's

Road Car with stock 350HP engine (S736)
Race Car with 590HP 6.2 Twin Turbo V8 (R900)

Drove both around the Ring and they were both a blast. Think I got a 6:46 in the race car

I was contemplating doing this also. Buying another one and having one stock and the other built up as a race car.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some FIA GT liveries from the late 90s I'd be very grateful

2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM

1970 Citroën 2CV

1997 Lotus Elise GT1

1967 Nissan R380 II

1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau

1968 Subaru 360

1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L

Back