Forza Motorsport 7: Totino's Car Pack & January 2018 Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 162 comments
911 has a flatnose option:
OXmEQIo.jpg

A flachbau leichtbau! Oh come on T10, don't you dare cut this from H4, just in case I don't get around to buying 7.

WOW, made a huge mistake getting GT Sport. Should have got an Xbox and Forza 7. Seems like everyday there is a article releasing information on upcoming DLCs or updates for all games that are not called GT Sport. Oh and GT league has been real fun. I love playing pass 21 cars before end. PSss I mean who wants to race anyways?

Notable upgrades:

- The Subaru 360, Citroen 2CV, and the VW Notchback all get the 1.3l 2-rotor as an engine swap. The Subaru and VW can also get a 2.5l turbo F4.
- The VW has a roofrack option, though this can't be used with rear aero.
- The Subaru has various options to replicate the aero kit from the Young S variant, though the front bumper can't be used with front aero.
- The Porsche has a flatnose option, though this can't be used with front aero.
- The Lotus can only get front aero, which thankfully means the rear wing isn't replaced by the ugly standard Forza aero.

- The Subaru 360, Citroen 2CV, and the VW Notchback all get the 1.3l 2-rotor as an engine swap. The Subaru and VW can also get a 2.5l turbo F4.
Almost jealous! If only I could have things like this in PCARS2 or PCARS3. I wish that community would get off its no-fun-allowed-nothing-but-racecars high horse.

WOW, made a huge mistake getting GT Sport. Should have got an Xbox and Forza 7. Seems like everyday there is a article releasing information on upcoming DLCs or updates for all games that are not called GT Sport. Oh and GT league has been real fun. I love playing pass 21 cars before end. PSss I mean who wants to race anyways?
You can race in custom race, I don't know why people waited for that stupid update anyways, waste of dev time. I bought it because its the best place to race online, racing offline is inherently boring if you are fast. And I HATE finding the slowest car possible to make the race fun,I want to race a super car agaainst a supercar, not a POS Volkswagen against a GTR. Forza suffers from the same thing but I guess its fun to customize and drive 750+ cars , something GT doesn't have. FYI you can buy Forza 7 on the PC, that's what I did.

I'm underwhelmed by the the 911 Leichtbau. The lightweight treatment feels too much like a race car in road legal disguise
This is why I like the car, actually. As great as it would be to have the 3.3 or 3.6 964 Turbo, in this game it makes more sense to have the hardcore version.

All versions would be nice but course picking one it has to be the one built to race. Funny, though, the real car probably rarely saw a track. :lol:

Ok, I'm slowly warming up to the Porsche 964 Turbo S now. My first impressions of it were a bit rough, but perhaps I was caught off guard by how wild it is compared to a regular Turbo for its time. What's with the golden exhaust pipes though? Official option at the time?

The Citroën 2CV is the definition of slow, but the wobbly suspension makes it worthwhile through the twistier turns. Ultimately, it's simply good to have the marque back.

The Subaru 360 feels very fresh for its kind and it's actually impressive how well it handles at speed. Treat it to sports supension and take it around Suzuka East at full throttle. At that point brakes nearly seem unnecessary.

The VW Type 3 wasn't the Fastback I had hoped for, but the Notchback is cool too. Few other cars beg for a nice set of custom rims like this one. Not the most remarkable ride though.

The Lotus Elise GT1 is some sort of an obscurity to me. Tiny car gone big with performance to match. Great handler but I doubt it will get much mileage from here on. Just not the obvious choice when the GT1 mood occasionally strikes. Maybe its poor racing career plays a part in my indifference.

I still need to try the BMW and Nissan. For some reason I'm not in a hurry to drive these two.

Last edited:
At least you know you can take the Elise to the racetrack without it bursting into flames (for which it had a tendency to do so on a few occasions).

Looking forward to seeing how the M6 holds up in its division. Likewise Im sure the 2CV will be slow but an amusing and fun drive nonetheless

Notable upgrades:

- The VW has a roofrack option, though this can't be used with rear aero.
- The Subaru has various options to replicate the aero kit from the Young S variant, though the front bumper can't be used with front aero.
- The Porsche has a flatnose option, though this can't be used with front aero.
- The Lotus can only get front aero, which thankfully means the rear wing isn't replaced by the ugly standard Forza aero.

The Lotus also has 6.2 V8 and V12 engine swaps

Not a bad pack but too many 'classics' which are slow as you know what. I mean, 2CV, 360 and Type 3 maybe somewhat fun in a Horizon game but in Motorsport?? The 964 is nice and great to see one of my early loves (Elise GT1) making a return from Need for Speed II (when the NFS games were actually fun and good)
The Nissan and BMW, kind of meh whatever. I'm actually excited for the free Hyundai pack more than this pack with the exception of the Lotus and Porsche :D Nevertheless, better than last month's anyway....

Anybody else notice the trend of at least 1 porsche in each car pack so far? Looks promising going forward. All we need is a Porsche 906, 917k, gt3 cup and 718 boxster.

Haven’t seen a Elise GT1 in a game in years. A drift build Citroen sounds good to me. Lol

Quick question, FM7 allows for players to auction off cars they acquire in the auction house and Forzathon but not cars acquired from rival and bounty hunter events? I never received my 599 GTO from beating Spencer’s time and don’t know how to go about getting one. So I was trying to buy one from the auction house.

964 standard

964 optional

Think I may have to go with the 964 front-end. I’ll just buy two to have it both ways.

I'm pretty sure that new beasts will come as paid DLC's after Car Pass expires...

Still nothing can't compare to the DriveClub's Season Pass, school example of how Season/Car Pass should look like, with quantity and quality!

I agree. Bought the season pass as well for Driveclub. Every pack was good. No, they were great!!!

Noteworthy quiet fix: the #92 911 RSR now apparently has the correct fixtures for a WEC car; also, the glitch where decals applied to the hood area were mirrored's been sorted out (I've been told), and the correct preview image's displayed in the menus. I haven't taken it to the racetrack yet to see if the handling and/or sound's been touched up too; if that's the case, I'd probably have to review it again.

I can't decide what to test first: The new Velosters or the micros

I have to say, I haven't given the Velosters a proper, full-immersion, in-depth test yet, but I'm not really impressed by their dynamic qualities. On the other hand, the 2CV and 360 are a hoot to drive, despite their utter lack of anything resembling "performance" - although I may also be looking at them through some thick rose-tinted lenses...

Last edited:
Got the pack. Just took the Subaru out on the top gear track and it did a 2:10 for its first rolling lap stock.

It wants to charge me, no matter how I try: from game under packs/cars, from store packs or "show all" under Car Pass that says I own it - it wants to charge me!

Anybody else notice the trend of at least 1 porsche in each car pack so far? Looks promising going forward. All we need is a Porsche 906, 917k, gt3 cup and 718 boxster.

Nissan too. Which brings me to two conclusions.

They are just making for lost time with Porsche, adding cars that they would have added years ago if they could have but due to the deals they had cut with EA they just kept it to the greatest hits.

With Nissan it convinces me that we are getting some JDM to prepare for Horizon 4 in Japan. We also recieved a lot of Australian cars during FM6 dlc.

The 911 ist wunderbar. It's so fast stock, and the suspension isn't broken like most of the modern 911s in the game. Easily my favorite so far. The Velostern is much better stock than anything in that division bar perhaps the Civic Type-R and that's mostly track dependant (haven't tried the non N model yet though), the Nissan sounds like a dream and is actually pretty fun to drive, the Lotus is going to be an absolute weapon in S-Class, the BMW might actually be the best handling GT car in the game and I had so much fun hooning the 360 and 2CV I forgot to check out the VW.

There's not a "star" car in the pack because they all are in some way or other. Absolutely fantastic.

With Nissan it convinces me that we are getting some JDM to prepare for Horizon 4 in Japan. We also recieved a lot of Australian cars during FM6 dlc.

The trend with Nissan started a long while ago, tho; around the days of FM6, when they gave us the 300ZX IMSA, GT-R GT500, Nismo GT-R LM, R92CP, and for classic cars the Fairlady 2000, Skyline GT-R C110, and Silvia CSP311. The current hypothesis is that they somehow got access to the famous Zama Heritage Collection, and decided to make the most of this opportunity and bring as many cars as it was possible to the game.

As for Porsche, it seems that they are very much interested to make up for the time they've lost with the EA deal: two years ago the only way to drive a Porsche 935 in a videogame was to download a years-old mod for rFactor, or make-do with the Fabcar 935/84 in R3E; now there's hardly a sim or "simcade" featuring older cars that doesn't have at least one variant in its roster. Likewise, the license for their latest 911 RSR has been given out like candy, and in all likelihood its speedy implementation by all developers may have been helped with the sharing of unparalleled amounts of data.

The trend with Nissan started a long while ago, tho; around the days of FM6, when they gave us the 300ZX IMSA, GT-R GT500, Nismo GT-R LM, R92CP, and for classic cars the Fairlady 2000, Skyline GT-R C110, and Silvia CSP311. The current hypothesis is that they somehow got access to the famous Zama Heritage Collection, and decided to make the most of this opportunity and bring as many cars as it was possible to the game.

Add to that the R31 GTS-R, the S14 Kouki, the '73 GT-R and the R33 GT-R LM from FH3 and it's fairly safe to assume they've been to Zama and are absolutely milking their visit. Not that I mind, but I don't think the influx of Nissans is concrete proof of FH4 being set in Japan.

In fact we could place bets on which car from the museum is coming to the game next... :lol:

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/index2.html

It wants to charge me, no matter how I try: from game under packs/cars, from store packs or "show all" under Car Pass that says I own it - it wants to charge me!

Same with me but just go to buy car section and they should all be there for free to add to garage. With the Hyundai pack I went to marketplace from Forza 7 and added through there cost nothing (free).

I was able to get all the cars for free but I can’t find the two Hyundai’s and I looked in the store but the pack for those two cars isn’t there.

I was able to get all the cars for free but I can’t find the two Hyundai’s and I looked in the store but the pack for those two cars isn’t there.

Check the in game DLC tab, I couldn't find it in the Xbox store but it was available there.

Back