Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,646 comments
Turns out I missed the Murcielago by a day. I was too busy playing other games instead of playing on T10's schedule. It sure would be nice if they'd ever tell us what they plan on doing with these FOMO cars.

Until then I don't really feel like playing anymore. I've been trying too hard to balance this with other games. I'd rather just remove the stress of following a set schedule to play anything. Of course, the FOMO trick works on me, so if I play at all I'll get sucked back into that.

Give me a way to buy the cars or earn them outside of the set schedule, and I'll resub to game pass.

My Brother says that the physics in GT7 are Better then in FM, i don't think so.
I find there is not much difference on both Games.
We play with Controllers and he says that the GT7 is more responsive...
GT is more responsive, but I feel the cars respond too directly in GT, it's quite arcade in that respect. Cars in real life do have a certain level of floatiness due to deformation of various parts such as tyres, springs etc, which Forza captures well, though I sometimes feel Forza goes a bit too far the other way and makes cars more floaty than real life.

It seems like the discourse about the game is getting rougher and rougher. A friend of mine is part of the social media team of a big German manufacturer and they are getting spammed by people telling them to pull out of the game, even calling her in private and spamming on Instagram.
Yesterday, I’ve also seen a YouTuber shouting slurs at people that like the game and publicising their handles/names and telling his followers to do their work. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

It seems like the discourse about the game is getting rougher and rougher. A friend of mine is part of the social media team of a big German manufacturer and they are getting spammed by people telling them to pull out of the game, even calling her in private and spamming on Instagram.
Yesterday, I’ve also seen a YouTuber shouting slurs at people that like the game and publicising their handles/names and telling his followers to do their work. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.
The sense of entitlement and perceived power that these 'influencers' and YouTube stars have is disgusting. Anyone with a difference of opinion is immediately shot down or treated like a second class citizen. It's like this on the Facebook groups as well, but luckily the one's I am a part of are pretty good at shutting that behavior down.

I refuse to watch anyone but @Jakexvx simply because the rest of them are annoying or just hate on the game because reasons...

Why would people start aggressively complaining at a game which is 4 1/2 months old and being patched to remove the issues it had at launch?

Is there some competitor due to release soon or something?

Last edited:

Let them hate it, they must lead a pretty sad life if they're complaining to the vehicle manufacturer's socials.
Probably same can be said for said youtuber's, can you name & shame so I can block them?

Why would people start aggressively complaining at a game which is 4 1/2 months old and being patched to remove the issues it had at launch?

Is there some competitor due to release soon or something?

I guess human nature, they feel disappointed, or just trolling, and want to feel validated that others have the same opinion.

Last edited:
Damn, that sounds rough.

I saw Forza did a collab post with BMW though, maybe it's related.

Last edited:
I can't imagine having so little going on in my life that I would even think about doing that

My Brother says that the physics in GT7 are Better then in FM, i don't think so.
Ha-ha, you need to be kind of lame to declear this. Or wery unskilled. GT7 is the first game I have left behind bcs of it`s physics.
The exeption is pre-tuned racecars, they`re ok. But try a rwd car, hot up the engine and do the lame GT7-tuning the best you can.
Even if they have tryhed to control the snappy oversteer rwd-cars still acs wery unrealistic.

FM23 on the other hand has wery good handling even if it`s still a way to go to be close to pure realism.

Btw; 3rd person camera users aren`t qualified to have an opinion here.They`re just watching the car, not really driving it.

One thing I have to be mindful of is when i switch between FH5 and FM23, the handling is two completely different worlds. I played FH5 the other day for just a couple of hours to enjoy the new DLC cars then I go back to FM and all of a sudden im ending up off the track for many races until my brain grasps the difference again.

I don't agree with your brother. GT7 is pretty gamey. Well they're both gamey but GT7 has some inconsistencies and unrealness that puts it a bit behind what FM put out. Anyone being on a good DD wheel should be able to pick out some of those differences right away.
GT7 has a feeling like driving on underinflated balloons you can squish with your hands. A lack of connection with the road. In corners you can just continue turning the wheel and the arms in car will continue moving the steering wheel but nothing happens. You get a canned vibration effect through the wheel but the actual physics of the cars steering are unaffected. The aero downforce of most everything is way overdone. Group C cars would have no chance against the other cars in it's class. Also there's a big disconnection with what the car is doing on track with what is being transmitted to the player. I see the car bounce or weight shift over a hump on track but yet am left with no feeling of that. There's also little to no slip angle which creates these whip back tank slappers that are uncontrollable. In real life, I could drive my Mustang sideways for a while and it will come back center in a predictable manner.

FM has it's issues and still gamey but it has come closer to sim territory. First and foremost, I'm feeling the physics through the wheel. Car lean and weight transfer, not just dead weight through the wheel like stretching a rubberband like the clipping FFB in GT7. The cars when cresting hills become nice and light and the way the tires subtly lose optimum grip in that scenario is not only felt through the wheel but is predictable and easier to correct because I understand what it's doing and it makes sense. The cars feel good, I feel like I'm getting feedback through the wheel from the cars tires hitting a bump in the tracks mesh. Slip angles in FM are very predictable and you can keep a car in control a lot better when in a 4 wheel drift. This seems to me to be closer to what I've experienced in the cars I've beat the hell out of.
One of the problems I have with FM is that they put these horrible tires on stock cars and they just understeer plow corners. I don't understand why I need to buy "street" tires. ? What am I driving on now? Tonka Toy plastic tires? Maybe. If you don't look at the name/classification of the tires and just put the next better ones on, it usually fixes some of that. Also, why do all cars have a "3rd Spring" setting in setup? And it's 99% of the time setup for understeer. Tight up front, loose in back.

Each game has cars that drive really well and others that do not but on average, I would say FM gets it a bit better. I know you said you're controller users, but this is my take on a wheel at least. I don't even turn on GT7 anymore, surely won't for this last update either. I do however turn on FM because I get a familiar feel when I want to get some casual game driving in.

Sorry for the novel. Fix the AI Turn 10. lol

Ha-ha, you need to be kind of lame to declear this. Or wery unskilled. GT7 is the first game I have left behind bcs of it`s physics.
The exeption is pre-tuned racecars, they`re ok. But try a rwd car, hot up the engine and do the lame GT7-tuning the best you can.
Even if they have tryhed to control the snappy oversteer rwd-cars still acs wery unrealistic.
That's because you don't know how to tune out snap oversteer regardless of which game it is, but your ego has led you down this path instead of trying to learn something about tuning.
I know how to tune out the snap oversteer which I'm willing to teach you about
The common theme from your tunes in GT7 had the Acceleration Sensitivity set too high which is producing too much driveforce... guess what that means... snap oversteer, stiffer front compression(bump) will reduce this but you never had the front stiffer than the rear,
You could read more here or here and learn something
Btw; 3rd person camera users aren`t qualified to have an opinion here.They`re just watching the car, not really driving it.
Comments like shaming people for which view they use just proves you're someone who thinks too highly of themselves.
"it feels more real when you can see the rear move" cough

Last edited:
Turns out I missed the Murcielago by a day. I was too busy playing other games instead of playing on T10's schedule. It sure would be nice if they'd ever tell us what they plan on doing with these FOMO cars.

Until then I don't really feel like playing anymore. I've been trying too hard to balance this with other games. I'd rather just remove the stress of following a set schedule to play anything. Of course, the FOMO trick works on me, so if I play at all I'll get sucked back into that.

Give me a way to buy the cars or earn them outside of the set schedule, and I'll resub to game pass.
There is a way to drive the cars you missed: set up a race in free play, set the car type to "any" and set the number of opponents to 0. Start the race, then immediately back out to the menu and select the car you want by mandating it in the rules. If you don't want to have a race, you can change the mode to "Test Drive" and screw around for as long as you like.

Last edited:
Let them hate it, they must lead a pretty sad life if they're complaining to the vehicle manufacturer's socials.
Probably same can be said for said youtuber's, can you name & shame so I can block them?

I guess human nature, they feel disappointed, or just trolling, and want to feel validated that others have the same opinion.
Here's a guy to avoid, Simon:

His channel seems to be pretty new and it's all about rage-baiting, profanity and calling those with different opinions all kinds of slurs 🙄

@unfairlane and @AlexWilmot . Guys, please...😉
Stop Fighting Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

His channel seems to be pretty new and it's all about rage-baiting, profanity and calling those with different opinions all kinds of slurs 🙄

Cool, I blocked and ignored them pretty quickly back before FM released, haven't watched any of their video's but sounds about right based on the twitter posts alone.

So.... It's Friday, are we going to get a Forza Monthly for March? Last month was a bit odd with Horizon and Motorsport diverging a bit in terms of messaging, but if they are back to the usual schedule they normally announce it on a Friday (10AM PT maybe) for a Monday (10AM PT) show.

Anywho, hoping to see a blog post or something at least soon detailing any new changes aside from the car progression updates, hopefully there's some good fixes considering no new track this month.

Cool, I blocked and ignored them pretty quickly back before FM released, haven't watched any of their video's but sounds about right based on the twitter posts alone.

So.... It's Friday, are we going to get a Forza Monthly for March? Last month was a bit odd with Horizon and Motorsport diverging a bit in terms of messaging, but if they are back to the usual schedule they normally announce it on a Friday (10AM PT maybe) for a Monday (10AM PT) show.

Anywho, hoping to see a blog post or something at least soon detailing any new changes aside from the car progression updates, hopefully there's some good fixes considering no new track this month.
We still have at least a week before the next possible blog man. I usually coincide it with the week of the last dlc car for the month which next week is the 2020 Audi TT-RS. So I think next friday or the following monday we will get something...hopefully,maybe 🤔

Here's a guy to avoid, Simon:

@unfairlane and @AlexWilmot . Guys, please...😉
Stop Fighting Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty
That was the guy who complained about the track limit paint being the same from FM7, a detail you’d have to purposely go looking for bc it’s so incredibly small & insignificant overall.

He was also on the subreddit for a bit til people noticed every thread/post he made was about the ‘Ring & people noted he was being way too obsessive.

I think it was this guys FM8 vs GT7 comparison I was watching and not really paying attention to what he was gibbering on about just looking at the visuals and noticed in GT7 the BRAKE text assist that comes up, rather than using racing lines - is this available anywhere in any Forza games? Think they'd ever add it if not?

@McLaren Yes, that's correct. That's the guy who compared the track markings and grafitti on the Nordschleife. He reminds me of Emula86 quite a bit. It's the same toxic obsessiveness.

Perhaps T10 have some big announcements for update 6.0 that they want to share with us in a stream of their own very soon. I hope so, at least. Also, I miss Chris Esaki's presence in the livestreams.

@whannel As far as I know that feature hasn't been present in any Forza game yet. But there is ofc the audio assists for the visually impaired. I haven't tried them, but I believe they offer some help with braking points as well.

That was the guy who complained about the track limit paint being the same from FM7, a detail you’d have to purposely go looking for bc it’s so incredibly small & insignificant overall.

He was also on the subreddit for a bit til people noticed every thread/post he made was about the ‘Ring & people noted he was being way too obsessive.
He is also can be seen commenting on Forza Motorsport X/Twitter

An insider allegedly went on a rant about FM on 4chan, not sure about the legitimacy of this.

reddit post, it's blurry though.

4chan link

heres a part of it
There hasn't been a new Forza Motorsport since 2017.
Microsoft basically rotated throughout development teams through it's nearly decade long development time resulting in unimaginable project setback and the need to reuse the prior game engine and driving physics despite lauding during development footage from 2021 and onward that it would be built from the ground up.

Friction exploits and inconsistencies in the driving model from the previous engine exist in the new one.
The lighting system has been completely broken since day one, leaving most shadows and maps looking like they're being played in BeamNG.
Progression was locked to a per part basis where you would have to do 10 races on average to unlock one part for your car.
Drivatar AI is unchanged since introduction, and was actually WORSE in that instead of the lead car having nigh-unbeatable AI, they would actually ram you off the track, and if you pass them, remain the same as always where they completely give up the race.
Online is devoid of proper networking basing it on an ancient P2P system where host ping determines your placing and score, leading to incredible lag in some circumstances.

For all intents and purposes, this "version" of Forza was developed by at least 6 other development teams throughout it's history.
Microsoft couldn't decide on a proper team to spearhead the project, leading to it being outsourced to random developers, to even hiring contracted workers off of Twitter only to work on the environment for 3 months.

Not to mention the gameplay trailers were bullshotted. Not a single environment in the trailer is actually as it is in the game, due to time constraints and project mismanagement.
Upper echelons in Microsoft wanted to push out Halo Infinite harder than Forza, leading to the project being basically on the backburner until it shipped.

They have no idea what to do with the game now after there's barely anyone left who actually understands the current codebase for the game.

How do you know?

Everything mentioned is either publicly known or subjective observations, nothing interesting.

Also this quote is obviously someone who has no insider knowledge

Microsoft couldn't decide on a proper team to spearhead the project, leading to it being outsourced to random developers, to even hiring contracted workers off of Twitter only to work on the environment for 3 months.

If you wanted to know more I'd suggest installing the app 'blind' and look around @microsoft to look for contractor anecdotes.

Can you do one of the career challenges again with a different car without losing the progress and credits? Or are you completely starting it over again?

I ran the AMG challenge today and instead of picking the spotlight SLS AMG I picked the E63 AMG because I loved it so much in FM7. It was my go to car for the Ring and just a great overall car. Well the FM one is far from the FM7 one. I hated it. I think I might like to go back and run it again with the SLS just to see what would happen. But if I'm going to lose everything from the E63 I don't think it would be worth it.

Can you do one of the career challenges again with a different car without losing the progress and credits? Or are you completely starting it over again?

I ran the AMG challenge today and instead of picking the spotlight SLS AMG I picked the E63 AMG because I loved it so much in FM7. It was my go to car for the Ring and just a great overall car. Well the FM one is far from the FM7 one. I hated it. I think I might like to go back and run it again with the SLS just to see what would happen. But if I'm going to lose everything from the E63 I don't think it would be worth it.
You will lose your progress I believe. Theres an option that says start series over and hitting that allows you to change to another car. Just do it all over again its only like 4 races.

Each featured tour lasts 6 weeks in total (it opens 1 series per week, then you get 2 weeks after the next patch where the entire tour is open and you can continue to race it).

I think nearly everyone sees this as unnecessary, but I guess it's their approach to ensure player engagement to meet their Gamepass targets.

Back