#Forzathon: August 2017

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 154 comments
Seems like the Porsche 718 RS 60 doesn't work for today's Forzathon. I did 2 online races and only the 4th Forzathon event unlocked, not the first one.

Will give it a try in another one later.

Seems like the Porsche 718 RS 60 doesn't work for today's Forzathon. I did 2 online races and only the 4th Forzathon event unlocked, not the first one.

The "Complete a Race" challenge only works in single player, and even then some cars don't work. So far the Mercedes 300SEL, the Ford GT40, and the Alfa 33 have been reported as no good.

Checking the Forzamotorsport.net forum, and someone said they were able to do everything in the Porsche 718.

Checking the Forzamotorsport.net forum, and someone said they were able to do everything in the Porsche 718.
Probably because I tried it in multiplayer then. Apparently "a race" means "a singleplayer race" and not "a multiplayer race"...

I started playing like a month ago. I'm level 90 but so far I've only played singleplayer, so I'm looking for players to participate in this weekend's forzathon. My gamertag is Nikkolaz if anyone wants to add me.

Gotta start saving for the Auction House. The only two cars I'm interested in are only obtained online, and that is a no-go for me.

Getting those lucky escapes took way too long. But I finally got them. My online adventure was interesting. I was driving a stock Porsche 550 and racing in no-collision C-class. I came in last in all four races, but I won the championship.

The Forza Gods where not kind to me today. I was doing an online adventure in my Classic Racer, 1957 Maserati 300 S. After race 3 I was leading the championship, started last and finished 2nd in race 3. Arrived at the location of the final race and was greeted with "You have been disconnected from the Horizon 3 servers. Please try again later". Good thing I already have a Lola.

The new Porsche is alright, but I have to say it feels out of place in Horizon 3 rather than on a proper circuit. It's annoying that you have to WIN a street race to get it because in my experience they tend to be the most annoying to win on unbeatable difficulty, so I'd recommend turning the difficulty down just so you can get the new car without too much trouble.

The new Porsche is alright, but I have to say it feels out of place in Horizon 3 rather than on a proper circuit. It's annoying that you have to WIN a street race to get it because in my experience they tend to be the most annoying to win on unbeatable difficulty, so I'd recommend turning the difficulty down just so you can get the new car without too much trouble.

If anyone has problems with the street races, do them in the 106 PI stock Meyers Manx buggie. Many of the NPC opponents use a crappy 100 PI car which when upgraded to 106 PI is still a crappy car. Your only competition is NPCs who are in a Meyers Manx as well.

I used an RS3 to win my street race. The field was eclectic: I beat cars such as a 928, 944 Turbo, 190 Evo II and a 250GTO.

FORZATHON SHOWTIME AUG 22 - 27

#Forzathon Heating Up
Win a Race in a Super Hot Hatch to win the Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

#Forzathon Automotive Royalty
VIP Exclusive - Win a Race in a VIP car to win the Porsche 914/6

#Forzathon Neck And Neck
Complete 5 Head-to-Head Races to receive 35,000 CR

#Forzathon Velvet Ropes
VIP Exclusive - Complete a Co-Op event in a VIP car to win the Porsche 928 GTS

I may need some help with 2 of these challenges tomorrow as I'm not a VIP.

I believe the VIP challenges can be completed by using the Horizon Rental option in Campaign Co-Op. That allows non-VIP users to use VIP cars in races.

I'll need a VIP user to create a session, add me and start a race in a VIP car. If it's a team-based event and we win, it should unlock both Achievements. :gtpflag:

I may need some help with 2 of these challenges tomorrow as I'm not a VIP.

I believe the VIP challenges can be completed by using the Horizon Rental option in Campaign Co-Op. That allows non-VIP users to use VIP cars in races.

I'll need a VIP user to create a session, add me and start a race in a VIP car. If it's a team-based event and we win, it should unlock both Achievements. :gtpflag:
I'm a VIP. I plan to be online Friday morning between 0600-1000 PDT. That would be 1300-1700 UTC.

I'm a VIP. I plan to be online Friday morning between 0600-1000 PDT. That would be 1300-1700 UTC.

Thanks for the offer; if I'm online (maybe during my lunch break) I'll let you know :cheers:

Does anyone know what time tomorrows Forzathon start UK time?

#Forzathon typically starts at 08.00

I wake up at 08.00 most days so I tend to get mine done in between having breakfast and going to work. :D

I should be available Friday to Sunday evenings as that's when I have the most free time to try and help those who aren't VIP.

If renting a car from a VIP host works I'll throw my name in for any Non-VIP players wanting to do the VIP Forzathons events. I have a ton of free time this week so I should be able to get online whenever needed.

Can anyone confirm whether or not co-op events work, and if the cars in question are VIP exclusive (as in even if you get them you can't drive them if you don't have VIP)? Don't know if I should bother opening Horizon 3 this week or just keep playing through Guild Wars 2 to prepare for the new expansion.

EDIT - Never mind, didn't realize it hasn't started yet.

Im confused, what is a vip car?

I thought it was like a retro racer, but it's seems I'm mistaken

2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV, the 2016 Koenigsegg Regera, the 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, the 2015 Ferrari F12tdf, and the 2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351.

It took about 15 minutes to find a suitable Online Co-op event. I used the Regera. Unfortunately there was a fair amount of off-road driving involved. At least I got the 914/6 and 928 GTS at the end of it. That gives me 23 different Porsches. Used the Audi RS3 for a race and won the Mercedes A45 AMG which is the Horizon Edition but looks different to one I bought a while ago (when I was unsure what to do to win it). Not sure whether the previous owner made some improvements but it is still A800 but has better performance figures than the one I just won.

That Ultima is a bit of a beast. I had a cruise in it the other day to check it out prior to the VIP event!

Anyone online right now who can help me with the co-op event? I'd like to see if renting a car works. In the meantime I'll try hopping to different random co-op sessions to see if I can't find someone doing the same thing.

EDIT - Never mind, first co-op session I joined was just one guy doing a 2 lap race in the Aventador SV. I let him win and I came in 2nd, but still got both achievements and both cars (which aren't VIP exclusive btw).

Last edited:
According to a post on Reddit the Car rental thing does works.

For any non VIP players that need help getting this I'll be online most of the day. Just messages me through XBox Live.
Gamertag: Shanic Oatmeme

Okay, I have no idea how to do an online coop race. I've gotten the Porsche 914 by oddly enough finishing a drag race in last place.
I've done a 3 lap circuit race in an Ultima Evolution 1020 against another Ultima, but that didn't give me the 928. This is why I hate it when Turn 10 requires me to do coop events to unlock cars; I prefer it when I can do it by myself.

Okay, I have no idea how to do an online coop race. I've gotten the Porsche 914 by oddly enough finishing a drag race in last place.
I've done a 3 lap circuit race in an Ultima Evolution 1020 against another Ultima, but that didn't give me the 928. This is why I hate it when Turn 10 requires me to do coop events to unlock cars; I prefer it when I can do it by myself.
You need to invite a friend to a CO-OP game, random online lobbies don't count as co-op.

Back