#Forzathon: May 2017

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 204 comments
I smell a #Forzathon car pack as dlc in the future. Its easy money for them and it would be cool to be able to purchase as many sesto elementos as pleased.

Here are the details of this week's Forzathon:

34429719275_04e3b281ae_c.jpg

Yeah, at this point, it's even more obvious now that Forzathons are just opportunities to get freebies every week. I'm starting to think these are designed with newer players in mind. Someone with a low level with greatly benefit from getting an easy 120,000 XP from this Forzathon.

It's nice once in a while to get something without having to pull your hair out in order to achieve the requirements, so no complaints from me. So many games are trying to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult, it's a nice change of pace. And hey, might bring more new people in as well! Certainly better than waiting 2 minutes at the start line of the 'Ring before being able to set off in an understeering pig of a car and try to pass 5 other cars before the end of the lap without making any mistakes, just to receive a useless car that you'll never use...

I wish they'd make challenges that aren't generalist and grindy, e.g. rather than 'Beat 3 rivals in rivals mode' you could have 'Get a clean time of xx:xx.xxx on this route in an A class car', rather than 'Perform 20 drift skills' you could have 'Perform 3 ultimate drift skills during a single sprint race and win', rather than 'Play 3 games of [insert playground game here]' you could please, PLEASE have literally anything else...

I don't mind them being easy. There are many players with less time or skill than ourselves (plus a lot of children who enjoy the game) and Turn 10 have to appeal to them as well.

Also, the main goal of #Forzathon is to get people coming back every week, and it has succeeded in doing that. If you keep bringing people back every weekend they may eventually decide to make Forza Horizon 3 their "main game" again, thus indirectly increasing the chances of DLC sales.

The latter point is what got me back into the game, as I had "checked out" in early December. I kept doing #Forzathon every week, and at some point I got into Rivals and played the game daily again.

Crap. I completely forgot to even turn on FH3 this weekend, so no barn find for me. :(

Absolutely hate the ones that require you to go into the online multiplayer portion of the game. Never managed to get the "complete an online race" one because everyone was doing those stupid infection games rather than races.

Absolutely hate the ones that require you to go into the online multiplayer portion of the game. Never managed to get the "complete an online race" one because everyone was doing those stupid infection games rather than races.

Just do a "custom online adventure" with races only. You can even choose/force which class you want to race in.

Looks like the Achievement List for the rest of the month's #Forzathon isn't available yet. When it is I'll copy/paste here. Should be in a day or 2.

Another super easy challenge for the 911 GT2 RS. Could probably get it just for going past a speed camera next to any of the festivals

Its 300k in the auction house dude.

Ah, so it was. Bought one out that was in the middle of a bidding war, since that was only 50k more than the current higher bid. Ha!

Now, just have to remove all the awful mods it came with...

33595100593_84f2858770_c.jpg

May #Forzathon details

Events begin at 3am Eastern on the dates shown (midnight Pacific time)
For calendar view see www.bit.ly/ForzaCalendars

----
May 12th-15th LEAD THE WAY

#Forzathon Burn Free
Perform 10 Burnout Skills to receive 55,000 CR

#Forzathon Stunt Double
Perform 20 Hot Wheels Air Skills or Stuntman Skills to earn 95,000 XP

#Forzathon A Solid Round
Beat a Rival to win the Porsche 911 GT2 RS

#Forzathon Shaking All Over
Get 3 Stars on a Danger Sign in the Bone Shaker or Meyers Manx to win 3 Wheelspins and 100,000 CR

33733543824_503c706a7d_c.jpg

----
May 19th-22nd OUTBACK FIELD TRIP

#Forzathon Tree Hugger
Perform 20 Lumberjack Skills to receive 85,000 CR

#Forzathon Play S'More
Complete 3 Playground Games to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Flashlight Start
Complete a Street Race to win the Porsche Carrera GT

#Forzathon Always Prepared
Complete a Bucket List that ends in the Outback to earn 75,000 XP

34455564821_8cf64f94f4_c.jpg

----
May 23rd (one day) JUST A LITTLE RECREATION

#Forzathon Soaring Luxury
3 Star the Airport Danger Sign in the Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG to win the Lamborghini Huracàn HE

#Forzathon That Was Close
Perform 10 Near Miss Skills in a Sports Utility Hero to receive 100,000 CR

#Forzathon Cultural Phenomenon
Complete 5 Head-to-Head races in a Land Rover to earn 85,000 XP

#Forzathon How Sporting
Win a Championship in a Sports Utility Hero to win 3 Wheelspins

33743088534_ac3f7d08a4_c.jpg

----
May 26th-29th AT THE CROSSROADS

#Forzathon Family Tour
Complete an Online Adventure to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Double Duty
Complete 2 Races to receive 150,000 CR

#Forzathon Forced Induction
Get 3 Stars on a Speed Zone in an Extreme Track Toy to win the Porsche 911 Turbo S

#Forzathon Qualifying Procedure
Complete a Championship to earn 85,000 XP

34576405065_0236e9cf1f_c.jpg

----
June 2nd-5th

#Forzathon Luxury Crossover
Complete 3 Street Races to win the Porsche Macan Turbo and 50,000 CR

#Forzathon A Song to Sing
Bank a Skill Chain during 3 Skill Songs to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Flying the Coop
Perform 20 Ultimate Air Skills in a Super Saloon to receive 25,000 CR and the Rooster Horn

#Forzathon Pull Into the Station
Complete a Race to receive 25,000 CR and the Train Horn

34544501416_a3f9e8cfae_c.jpg

Note: Lamborghini Huracán Horizon Edition is not a new car; you can get it already from the Auction House.
Details and things.

I'll likely paint the Mercedes G65 AMG before that #Forzathon is active so if you're after the Huracán you'll have something pretty to win it with ;)

I really look forward to getting the two 911 models. The 997 GT2 RS is frightening in FM6 and the 991 Turbo S may be my favorite 911 ever. Seriously fast but somehow down to earth.

Note: They've fixed the "beat a rival" objective. You can't just complete a PR Stunt now, you have to actually beat a rival in a race event.

Now, onto the Porsche 911 GT2

e352cdc7-7d1e-47a9-bb35-32a89e8c9b6c_Thumbnail.PNG

Interesting Forza wing
de94b8e9-7002-49e4-bb2b-98dfd42acf23_Thumbnail.PNG

You can also have a painted hood
94b47033-d328-4f79-afd9-6835e9d5b8f5_Thumbnail.PNG

I used to be afraid we were going to see another Porsche expansion, but I clung onto a faint hope that the second expansion would deliver something fresh. It turns out I'm enjoying the weekly Porsche deliveries more than the Hot Wheels stuff. Oh the irony.

I used to be afraid we were going to see another Porsche expansion, but I clung onto a faint hope that the second expansion would deliver something fresh. It turns out I'm enjoying the weekly Porsche deliveries more than the Hot Wheels stuff. Oh the irony.
And we've still got, what, at least three more Porsches to go? Carrera GT, 911 Turbo S and Macan?

Back