#Forzathon: May 2017

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 204 comments
Looks like no 944 turbo for me :(

Oh well... This week's forzathon GT2, with a fresh coat of paint from my store.

GetPhoto.ashx

I thought you had to beat a rival to win, but after four unsuccessful laps, I got the GT2 anyway.

VXR
I thought you had to beat a rival to win, but after four unsuccessful laps, I got the GT2 anyway.

That's because of how the Rivals notification system works.

I won't bore you with the details (unless you're interested) but whenever you set a time, even if you don't beat the ghost lap you still beat:

• Everyone in the club that's slower than you.
  • Everyone who has added you as an Xbox friend that's slower than you.

So when I set a Top 50 laptime and go to the top of the [GTP] leaderboard on an event, I'm actually beating a potential 999 opponents with that single laptime.

I got my GT2 from smashing a XP sign, I'm not complaining. The car is pretty good, I've been using it for street races and spec'ed up to the top of S1 it's killer.

Managed to get another HE Supra with the 3 wheelspins, auctionned it off for a cool 1,25 million CR. :D

I was having so much fun with the Hot Wheels expansion that I almost forgot about the Porsche :)

All I have to do is beat a rival. Got BIG money now from the spins and challenges (nearly 12 million)!

I've never done a rival race before. I thought you had to compete with someone, but I'm glad you don't. Did a rivals sprint. Took me two minutes to get the GT2. I love this car!! It's borderline Ruf.

I love that these challenges are easy. I'm one of those people who love video games, but works 40+ hours a week with only one day off. On top of that I have personal projects. So yeah... gone are the days of looking for a challenge for artificial rewards. Challenge is out there irl now. I hope they never change this.

Doing some races so I have enough money to buy another Carerra GT when it comes. I have 5 million right now but I'm betting it's gonna be 20 million plus like the 918 is now.

Doing some races so I have enough money to buy another Carerra GT when it comes. I have 5 million right now but I'm betting it's gonna be 20 million plus like the 918 is now.

Should be easy to get a cheap Carrera GT on Friday, just have to keep trying for a few minutes. I've seen people buy cars for 10m+ when I've been able to get one (or several :P) for under 1m just by being patient.

Create your own bucket list that ends somewhere in the outback. I ended mine on the airstrip and it worked.
The bucket list on the airstrip (Reach 250mph in the Hennessey Venom) takes about 30 seconds.
I'll remember those for the future. In the meantime, I found one that worked. At the bucket list blueprint spot just south of the Figure Eight Desert Circuit, JONK1969 has a race called "Into the Wasteland" that ends at the Pink Lakes.

Just got the CGT. Sounds great and can have the 918's 4.6 Hybrid V8 as well as Twin turbos for the stock V10 and an. AWD swap. Standard Forza aero. Starts on street tyres, sports put it up to 883 and racing tyres get it to 905. Hot Wheels red lines are available

I got mine last night. Oddly enough it took me two street races to get it. I did the Drag race by the cliffs (forget what it's called) street race first and didn't get the car, then I did another street race by Byron bay and got it.

This is the one I've been waiting for. Love the carrera GT. Sounds great in horizon too

Wow, no classic cars in GTS? What horrible idea! So classic car enthusiasts get the cold shoulder in the next outing, good to know.

I honestly couldn't agree more and to me it's going to be extremely disappointing if true. I really hate it when racing games don't have variety, especially when a certain class of cars (GT3) is way over represented while other classes get ignored.

Back