FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,092 views
Measuring stuff is a lot easier with metric, I disagree on temperature though. I will again illustrate with an image, however I am serious this time:

FahrenheitVsCelsiusVsKelvin-67227.jpg
 
where 0ºC is fairly cold?! Here in Brazil 0ºC means were freezing to death! :lol:
 
Trying to confirm known Clios. As of now I believe 3 FAS cars and 2 ECM @LancerEvo7.
 
This temperature banter is almost as gripping as the Dulux colour chart banter.
 
Here in Finland that 0ºC is still fairly warm and when temperature is -30ºC and below that it's cold.
where 0ºC is fairly cold?! Here in Brazil 0ºC means were freezing to death! :lol:
 
Here in Finland that 0ºC is still fairly warm and when temperature is -30ºC and below that it's cold.

Yeah, and when you get bored to usually grab an old Escort or Opel, and go for a spin on an ice lake! Or let your kid do the driving :lol:

 
DK
I guess we can't be bothered converting 1kgF into ~9.8N.
All I'm saying is that when you step on a scale, it gives a value in Newtons, but you guys say kg which is a mass term instead of a weight term ;)

I do like the length units of the metric system better. Unless of course, you're a Remember the Titans fan.

 
All I'm saying is that when you step on a scale, it gives a value in Newtons, but you guys say kg which is a mass term instead of a weight term ;)

…which is equivalent if the scale is calibrated correctly and you step on it at sea level. It may not be entirely exact, if you step on it up in the mountains, but that's negligible.
 
…which is equivalent if the scale is calibrated correctly and you step on it at sea level. It may not be entirely exact, if you step on it up in the mountains, but that's negligible.
But saying that you weight __kg is wrong. That's the point I'm making. It's a correct numerical value; however, it is not dimensionally homogeneous.
 
Nothing escapes banter including science.
 
Here in Finland that 0ºC is still fairly warm and when temperature is -30ºC and below that it's cold.

Wish you were here in our summer, everyday temperatures in the 35°C+ :lol:
 
In summer we might get could be couple of +30°C days, but normally we have round +20 - +23°C.
Wish you were here in our summer, everyday temperatures in the 35°C+ :lol:
 
In summer we might get could be couple of +30°C days, but normally we have round +20 - +23°C.

We're having 35°C+ almost everyday since the start of December... and it hasn't rained at all here...
 
We're having 35°C+ almost everyday since the start of December... and it hasn't rained at all here...

Heard there has been a couple days at ~45ºC in Rio (my aunt lives there) :crazy:
 
Yep, it has reached those temperatures in Rio.
I imagine there are a lot of people at Copacabana Beach right now to try to cool off?
 
I imagine there are a lot of people at Copacabana Beach right now to try to cool off?
Yeah, also heard that beaches there stay packed even well into the night...
I have some friends that are staying at the beach until 9, 10 PM due to excessive heat.
 
A BIG bit of ToCA news. @snowgt has informed me he is retiring from ToCA with immediate effect.

In my opinion, the fastest driver to never win an overall ToCA crown, and one of the people who I always most respected on track. Guess you got more time with those classics now huh?

:cheers: :gtpflag:
 
A BIG bit of ToCA news. @snowgt has informed me he is retiring from ToCA with immediate effect.

In my opinion, the fastest driver to never win an overall ToCA crown, and one of the people who I always most respected on track. Guess you got more time with those classics now huh?

:cheers: :gtpflag:

I'll certainly be looking forward to Historic Touring Cars & maybe some more classic (or modern) series in the future. We both know there's another BoP on the shelves ready to run. ;) (and I have another idea based on that one as well that I haven't even told you about yet) :D

And thanks for the praise!
 
I'll certainly be looking forward to Historic Touring Cars & maybe some more classic (or modern) series in the future. We both know there's another BoP on the shelves ready to run. ;) (and I have another idea based on that one as well that I haven't even told you about yet) :D

And thanks for the praise!
Might need a V8 backup a couple times as well :p
 
The only things left in the UK thats is Imperial is the pint and the mile and Brussels can piss off if they think they are taking those off us.
 
Back