FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 300,728 views
Jaguar to offer TWO different specification XJ13 cars for the GT-P class of the WSC, one for the lightweight "Chromeline" and the other for the original model.
 
I've got the normal model at the moment, probably not saving up for the chromeline at the moment, going to save up for the Mk. IV next
 
Jaguar to offer TWO different specification XJ13 cars for the GT-P class of the WSC, one for the lightweight "Chromeline" and the other for the original model.

Standard > Chromeline :mischievous:
 
Confirmed calendar:

1 Brands Hatch GP 80s
2 Nurburgring 24HR
3 Matterhorn Rotenboden
4 Daytona Road Course
5 Monza (No Chicane)
6 Silverstone GP
7 Red Bull Ring
8 Spa
9 Le Mans 2013.
 
Confirmed calendar:

1 Brands Hatch GP 80s
2 Nurburgring 24HR
3 Matterhorn Rotenboden
4 Daytona Road Course
5 Monza (No Chicane)
6 Silverstone GP
7 Red Bull Ring
8 Spa
9 Le Mans 2013.

If you decide to have the next couple of seasons after to use this sort of calender will you ever return to the classic, real life-ish schedule that goesDaytona-Monza and so forth?
 
If you decide to have the next couple of seasons after to use this sort of calender will you ever return to the classic, real life-ish schedule that goesDaytona-Monza and so forth?

Well for now, WSC is all about the Road To Le Mans. Never say never though :) This is in effect a classic schedule - I checked up to see if Nurburgring and A1 Ring had races had races at respective times.

In effect:
1 Brands Hatch GP 80s (September)
2 Nurburgring 24HR (September / October)
3 Matterhorn Rotenboden (December / January)
4 Daytona Road Course (February)
5 Monza (No Chicane) (March)
6 Silverstone GP (April)
7 Red Bull Ring (April)
8 Spa (May)
9 Le Mans 2013. (June)
 
Red Bull Ring but not 80's Monza. Intriguing decision.
 
Red Bull Ring but not 80's Monza. Intriguing decision.

I have plans for the 80's Monza. No Chicane is still as far as layout is concerned a more suitable layout for the WSC still.
 
Well for now, WSC is all about the Road To Le Mans. Never say never though :) This is in effect a classic schedule - I checked up to see if Nurburgring and A1 Ring had races had races at respective times.

In effect:
1 Brands Hatch GP 80s (September)
2 Nurburgring 24HR (September / October)
3 Matterhorn Rotenboden (December / January)
4 Daytona Road Course (February)
5 Monza (No Chicane) (March)
6 Silverstone GP (April)
7 Red Bull Ring (April)
8 Spa (May)
9 Le Mans 2013. (June)

Ohhhh I see. It is supposed to be as if we are nearing the end of last season and are frantically preparing for the next Le Mans! Interesting.
 
Ohhhh I see. It is supposed to be as if we are nearing the end of last season and are frantically preparing for the next Le Mans! Interesting.

WEC IRL are considering this as well from 2015 onwards.
 
3 Matterhorn Rotenboden (December / January)

Were you smoking dope when planning for Matterhorn, Furi. :odd:

It's cold, we're on a mountain, it's the middle 🤬 winter, there's ice on the road, and 3 tons of snow is coming in tonight.
 
Were you smoking dope when planning for Matterhorn, Furi. :odd:

It's cold, we're on a mountain, it's the middle 🤬 winter, there's ice on the road, and 3 tons of snow is coming in tonight.

It's the Monte Carlo rally with sportscars.
 
Well they can hardly have a a full season now with no break into July '15 can they? :lol:

Well yes but this is supposed to be the 60's era of the World Sportscar Championship, not 2015.
 
Well yes but this is supposed to be the 60's era of the World Sportscar Championship, not 2015.

Bit of both flavours ;) - we have modern La Sarthe and Silverstone layouts after all as well..
 
Very nice very nice. Thank-you. 👍 Glad I already have the stuff I want.
 
Bit of both flavours ;) - we have modern La Sarthe and Silverstone layouts after all as well..

Flavors... I guess I just don't really like my carrots with my ice cream.
 
car specs? wondering what I should be running the 330 at
 
The 330 had a terrible record last season, give it more power.
It won't make much difference if it's driver won't make it in the room.
 
It won't make much difference if it's driver won't make it in the room.
I could get in the room fine, staying in it was the issue.
 
Well for now, WSC is all about the Road To Le Mans. Never say never though :) This is in effect a classic schedule - I checked up to see if Nurburgring and A1 Ring had races had races at respective times.

In effect:
1 Brands Hatch GP 80s (September)
2 Nurburgring 24HR (September / October)
3 Matterhorn Rotenboden (December / January)
4 Daytona Road Course (February)
5 Monza (No Chicane) (March)
6 Silverstone GP (April)
7 Red Bull Ring (April)
8 Spa (May)
9 Le Mans 2013. (June)
So when will the races for Season VIII be - weekly or biweekly?
GT-O:
BMW 507
Corvette C2 Coupe
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
Ferrari 250 GTO
Jaguar E Type Coupe
Mercedes Benz 300SL
Shelby Mustang GT350
I'll most likely be staying in the GT-O class, but I'll probably have the 'AM' tag added on. I too would like to inquire if the spec will stay the same or are going to be changed for any or all the cars.
 
My car is sorted for this series. I just hope it’s competitive.
 
So when will the races for Season VIII be - weekly or biweekly?
I'll most likely be staying in the GT-O class, but I'll probably have the 'AM' tag added on. I too would like to inquire if the spec will stay the same or are going to be changed for any or all the cars.

GT-O specs have all changed to incorporate the new cars. Times are about 1.5-2.0s faster on a 2-minute lap. Actually, the BoP has been done pre-1.09, so I will give them another look this weekend.
 
GT-O specs have all changed to incorporate the new cars. Times are about 1.5-2.0s faster on a 2-minute lap. Actually, the BoP has been done pre-1.09, so I will give them another look this weekend.

Oh crap :irked:
 

No need to worry. You really don't need to fiddle around with the setup a lot compared to WSC VII. If anything, the cars have a little more power (maybe 1 or 2 parts added or less restrictor) and a little less weight, depending on the car. So it should actually make the cars more drivable. If the car behaved well before, it will continue to do so, if not more.
 
Back