FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 300,751 views
hsv
First things first:

Do you have a functioning PS3 with which you can compete?
My PS3 is sick... (It shuts off after a few minutes). When I get my PS3 fixed, I'll race with you guys.
 
My PS3 is sick... (It shuts off after a few minutes). When I get my PS3 fixed, I'll race with you guys.
You honestly believe that.:nervous: Keep the broken one will get the same usage Harskster.
 
My PS3 is sick... (It shuts off after a few minutes). When I get my PS3 fixed, I'll race with you guys.
I don't want to appear rude, but signing up for absolutely everything on GTP when you know full well you can't is very pointless. It's just like thread spamming.

For now, just focus on getting a PS3 that works. Then, pick a series or two to race in.
 
:rolleyes: cut it guys. Harsk, get a functioning PS3 (not flamin' but am just sayin') ;)
 
hsv
I don't want to appear rude, but signing up for absolutely everything on GTP when you know full well you can't is very pointless. It's just like thread spamming.

For now, just focus on getting a PS3 that works. Then, pick a series or two 20+ series to race in.
Fixed.
 
Not being nasty but didn't Furi refuse your entry:guilty:? So no real point joining this or his lap dancing club for that matter.:indiff:
Yes, he refused! He refused my entry in Toca11...


hsv
I don't want to appear rude, but signing up for absolutely everything on GTP when you know full well you can't is very pointless. It's just like thread spamming.

For now, just focus on getting a PS3 that works. Then, pick a series or two to race in.
Thanks for your preocupation... Actually I did in the past but cancelled my entry in almost all championships... Anyways, I'm earning the money to put my PS3 repairing at Sony.
 
That brings the grand total of series you've entered in down to 15.
Some championships that I've been participating were finished....

Ex: ITCC-5
STCC (I was going to entry STCC-2 but unfortunately my entry was declined :( )
 
Some championships that I've been participating were finished....

Ex: ITCC-5
STCC (I was going to entry STCC-2 but unfortunately my entry was declined :( )
They're going to finish sometime.

Some championships that I've been participating were finished....

Ex: ITCC-5 4
STCC (I was going to entry STCC-2 but unfortunately my entry was declined :( )
Also FTFY.
 
"ToCA Banter Bus now at stand 12"

[Sits back in his bus seat realising ToCA is for the young]
 
Was there a TOCA 12 car released last night or was it just the tracks announcements?
 
Was there a TOCA 12 car released last night or was it just the tracks announcements?

Silverstone GP. Our weapon for T12 is unveiled next week :)
 
Silverstone GP. Our weapon for T12 is unveiled next week :)

You do realize you can't hog yet another car before the thread's even open unless one of RPM teams win the title right? (Highly unlikely as things stand)

Let's at least try and keep this unbiased please...
 
You do realize you can't hog yet another car before the thread's even open unless one of RPM teams win the title right? (Highly unlikely as things stand)

When did you make that up? We didn't win last season but still took Fords.
 
When did you make that up? We didn't win last season but still took Fords.

I was hoping it to be a one-time thing and you could actually implement a proper, consistent method/system of ranking for car selection...

But obviously I was wrong... :grumpy:
 
I was hoping it to be a one-time thing and you could actually implement a proper, consistent method/system of ranking for car selection...

But obviously I was wrong... :grumpy:

My system was going to be in the interim off season that top 12 are auto reserved the car they had this season if they wanted to keep it, and then work from there... remember no Fords next season...
 
At least RPM actually used all 4 cars they took for the vast majority of races. *coughHumbersidecough*
 
My system was going to be in the interim off season that top 12 are auto reserved the car they had this season if they wanted to keep it, and then work from there... remember no Fords next season...

What do you mean, remember? I believe it's the first time you mentioned this...

When did you make that up? We didn't win last season but still took Fords.

Also, forgot to mention this on my first reply to this post, but there was a way to make it look like your team picking first for T11 wasn't biased, the fact that Joe (RPM driver) was T10 champion...

That being said maybe postponing last race might be a ploy so you get to pick first for next season yet again... :p
 
What do you mean, remember? I believe it's the first time you mentioned this...



Also, forgot to mention this on my first reply to this post, but there was a way to make it look like your team picking first for T11 wasn't biased, the fact that Joe (RPM driver) was T10 champion...

That being said maybe postponing last race might be a ploy so you get to pick first for next season yet again... :p

I said that a looong time ago. And no, because Humberside I think still have it under wraps :p

It's one time I actually do something for myself and if it makes you happy, it's not even been fastest in testing.
 
I said that a looong time ago. And no, because Humberside I think still have it under wraps :p

It's one time I actually do something for myself and if it makes you happy, it's not even been fastest in testing.

Are you refering to T12? If so, the it's the second time... :sly:



Now, here's my suggestion for a proper, not-random-nor-fastest-poster-wins, ranking system for car selection:

Follow previous season's final overall standings (in this case obviously T11 standings), with Champion picking first and so on, with the slight adjustment that when the person picking belongs in a team, than he may (actually should) discuss it with his teammate(s) and that pick shall refer to the whole team...
 
Grant every manufacturer a two-car team slot. Champion gets first pick on car(and also gets to pick team-mate), second in championship gets second pick, unless he gets to go with the champions team, when it goes to third in championship. Maybe allow Independants top 3 the 6th, 7th and 8th picks if they plan on running a team. Any independants for the coming season can pick outside of this 'draft' system.

TL;DR, do what we did in Sprint Cup




IMO, this is the best way of doing it, and think of all the extra posts you get to make explaining the situation.;)
 
What @Yeratel84 and @Akmuq said. The car picking process is long overdue for a fairer approach and I actually wrote this to Furi as an answer to the survey he did on Dec 1 of last year. I agree that the picking order should be largely based on previous season's merits. I would have nothing against @Furinkazen getting a wild card higher up in such a "draft". It's his series, and to tell the truth, I would also not be happy, if I couldn't drive the car I wanted in my own series. Then again, it might be an incentive to make the cars all balanced. :sly:

Additionally, I would also propose to stop this practice of teams with more than 2 drivers. What's this good for anyway? So you can get an unfair advantage over 2-driver teams? It would also put an end to hogging all cars of a certain type before the specs have even been released.

So I'd say, implement such a draft (publishing the draft order before, so it's transparent), with everyone submitting up to 3 car choices (in case the 1st or 2nd selection is already taken) at a pre-determined date after sufficient testing. (I'd say about 2 weeks before the first race would be appropriate - gives people enough time to familiarize themselves with their cars, even if they don't get their first choice)
 
What @Yeratel84 and @Akmuq said. The car picking process is long overdue for a fairer approach and I actually wrote this to Furi as an answer to the survey he did on Dec 1 of last year. I agree that the picking order should be largely based on previous season's merits. I would have nothing against @Furinkazen getting a wild card higher up in such a "draft". It's his series, and to tell the truth, I would also not be happy, if I couldn't drive the car I wanted in my own series. Then again, it might be an incentive to make the cars all balanced. :sly:

Additionally, I would also propose to stop this practice of teams with more than 2 drivers. What's this good for anyway? So you can get an unfair advantage over 2-driver teams? It would also put an end to hogging all cars of a certain type before the specs have even been released.

So I'd say, implement such a draft (publishing the draft order before, so it's transparent), with everyone submitting up to 3 car choices (in case the 1st or 2nd selection is already taken) at a pre-determined date after sufficient testing. (I'd say about 2 weeks before the first race would be appropriate - gives people enough time to familiarize themselves with their cars, even if they don't get their first choice)

@Yeratel84 as well, come up with a compromise that fixes all of this somewhat for the T12 season :)
 
Back