FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 300,904 views
Yes mate Swifts Season 4 is now in pre-production and testing starts this weekend. Venues are sorted rules are sorted but expect a first for FRL drivers. I expect some raised eyebrows.
And you know @Andil will walk it ;)
 
I have that all under control
Success ballast?

I came across this old picture a few minutes ago, it made me nostalgic for Pescara.
LUxCM3X.jpg


Fun Fact: You may expect that I am the Ferrari in this picture, given my love of the 330 and dislike of standard cars, but I'm not. That is braun in the days before he got kicked in the :censored:ing nuts.
 
I'm sure this will be argued ;) but the Chappy was way overpowered. Pescara didn't suit it at all (It was basically three straightaways with uber-fast turns between them) and I still won by two laps over Joe, who isn't exactly a slow driver.
 
Success ballast?

I came across this old picture a few minutes ago, it made me nostalgic for Pescara.
LUxCM3X.jpg


Fun Fact: You may expect that I am the Ferrari in this picture, given my love of the 330 and dislike of standard cars, but I'm not. That is braun in the days before he got kicked in the :censored:ing nuts.
I'm sure this will be argued ;) but the Chappy was way overpowered. Pescara didn't suit it at all (It was basically three straightaways with uber-fast turns between them) and I still won by two laps over Joe, who isn't exactly a slow driver.

Pescara is perhaps the one track I miss more than any. Sheer beauty and simplicity. And that Chappy was what, 50/60hp down? And it doesn't have like 700hp to begin with!
 
Pescara is perhaps the one track I miss more than any. Sheer beauty and simplicity. And that Chappy was what, 50/60hp down? And it doesn't have like 700hp to begin with!
Don't remember the exact numbers, but it was a difference that would've rendered any other car useless.
 
Are there any plans for course maker tracks in future FRL events?
 
Don't remember the exact numbers, but it was a difference that would've rendered any other car useless.

It's a shame it's so OP :grumpy: Perhaps PD could premiumize and nerf it's OPness for GT7 so it could return to the WSC! Plus, ONE less car with the driver's butt glitch :sly:
 
Toscana (Tarmac).jpg


Toscana (Tarmac)_3.jpg


Toscana (Tarmac)_4.jpg


Yeah.

Pescara was a MAN'S track. Big speed, big air and big balls.
 
Are there any plans for course maker tracks in future FRL events?

100% yes if suitable. A WSC road race is a dead cert.

It's a shame it's so OP :grumpy: Perhaps PD could premiumize and nerf it's OPness for GT7 so it could return to the WSC! Plus, ONE less car with the driver's butt glitch :sly:

If you nerf it's OP'ness it isn't the Chapparal. It is OP by actual design.
 
100% yes if suitable. A WSC road race is a dead cert.



If you nerf it's OP'ness it isn't the Chapparal. It is OP by actual design.

What if you nerfed it just a little bit?
 
If you nerf it's OP'ness it isn't the Chapparal. It is OP by actual design.
Remember the season it was in? Miles slower at Daytona but untouchable at your targa florio.(mine was better)
 
What if you nerfed it with medium intensity?

Do you actually have a clue what that is. You can't make a car have 50% less grip and 50% more tyre wear like that.
 
I have a pic somewhere of an early WSC season when I did a full wheelie at 215 mph in 5 cars draft.



Tried that.
The C2 cars were lethal over the hump because they could draft C1's and overtake if they had full power over weight and df (thats how we got the vette so fast, found 8 seconds at LM)

I flipped the vette twice in the race I won there. :lol:

Edit: Ryan, there is no way in hell that you can make the 2D have similar straight line and cornering speed without limiting the others by a couple hundred bhp and putting the 2D on Comfort Mediums.
 
Ah...

Just keeping an eye on here and see if I can enter without assisted suicide.
 
Ah...

Just keeping an eye on here a see if I can enter without assisted suicide.

We only do that if you sign the death warrant, we're friendly otherwise :p
 
Anyone have footage or anymore pics of Pescara? Looks like an epic track :D
 
Anyone have footage or anymore pics of Pescara? Looks like an epic track :D

Should I jump on GT5 tomorrow for some archive footage?

Lap is best described as this:

3.56 mile tri oval. The front straight is in a dip, you're doing approaching 200 mph. Turn 1 is wide but the whole track tightens, down to around 125 mid turn, running right up against the dirt on the side. You then dip downhill and uphill before a drop in the road leads to a jump that in draft (and in Corvettes anyway) leads to a wheelie. Moment you slam down on the ground the track picks back uphill, 135mph on the inside. The tighter to the inside you are, the quicker but also bumpier. Bumps will mean that on the next straight more often than not you will be flat out the turn 4 wheels off ground turning . Then its a steep drop and rise before the flat final turn, leading downhill to the final straight.
 
You guys managed to make a nearly straight-only track in GT5? Must have been really cool.
 
Just looking through them... God most of my pics were poor, my other thread was pretty awesome till I got bored and never updated it.
 
Back