FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,483 views
Toronado it is then. 👍

That would be fun. 3/4 mile blast between a Ferrari, Toronado, GT40 dodging the odd Alpine and TZ2 :lol:
 
I think I'll hop in the Twin Cam Europa. Or RX-500, whichever gives the better driving experience. Probably the Lotus...
 
I think I'll hop in the Twin Cam Europa. Or RX-500, whichever gives the better driving experience. Probably the Lotus...

Mazda RX500 has been assessed for WSC by the way and sadly does not meet the GT-O requirements. Same case for the Ferrari 365 GTB, Lamborghini Miura.
 
Mazda RX500 has been assessed for WSC by the way and sadly does not meet the GT-O requirements. Same case for the Ferrari 365 GTB, Lamborghini Miura.
What are those requirements?
 
Mazda RX500 has been assessed for WSC by the way and sadly does not meet the GT-O requirements. Same case for the Ferrari 365 GTB, Lamborghini Miura.

I expected that really, the car honestly kind of sucks amongst the other cars in WSC. :lol: But if the specs change in its favor in the future do notify me about it.
 
On second thought, I'll run a car that I have won a WSC race in previously.
 
On second thought, I'll run a car that I have won a WSC race in previously.

Deltawing Chappy?

Good luck and get well soon.

Nürburgring 24h_1.jpg
 
Mazda RX500 has been assessed for WSC by the way and sadly does not meet the GT-O requirements. Same case for the Ferrari 365 GTB, Lamborghini Miura.
What are those requirements?

Generally speaking, in WSC there are quite different types of circuits, so in terms of a BoP that requires that both the speeds through corners and on straights don't differ by a lot. Otherwise the lap times will vary by too much and depending on track some cars don't stand a chance and drivers will get frustrated. Maybe to illustrate ... currently the lap times on a standard length circuit should not differ by more than 0.5 (maybe in extreme cases 0.7s) seconds. On a track like Le Mans that can translate into maybe 1.5s due to its length, and in my opinion, that's the outside of what should be acceptable.

So, to make a certain car fit into the existing BoP, you need to first see how it behaves in corners. If it's too slow, you can make it lighter. If it's in the current range of corner speeds from the other cars, you can concentrate on power enhancements to bring it into the top speed range of the other cars. We currently have a 10km/h difference in top speed between fastest and slowest car in the field, and that's also the very outside of what is acceptable (in my opinion).

To return back to the question of why the RX500 doesn't fit into the current BoP, it's just too good in corners. Even without a fully custom suspension, it already blows away everything else through twisty sections. To balance it with the others in terms of lap time, you would therefore have to restrict its power and thus making it very slow on the straights. It basically is out of the acceptable range in both areas then.

Saying that, I also would like to create a playing field for these sadly underused cars and you might like to know that I've started working on a BoP for this class of cars, even though it's in a very early stage. (I'm looking at 4-5 different possible cars in such a class)

We'll see where it goes...
 
Fan-bloody-tastic @R0ssingt0n !

I was going to say before my internet cried we are forgetting when discussing Hugh Chamberlain the TVR T400R's he ran in 2003 and 2004 at Le Mans...
 
I can't believe we forgot about them! Especially since we were talking about Team LNT Who ran the TVR's before the Panoz...
 
I can't believe we forgot about them! Especially since we were talking about Team LNT Who ran the TVR's before the Panoz...
Indeed. And we neglected the Vipers and 550's...

2014-Le-Mans-10.jpg



2004LM60_car.JPG
 
Indeed. And we neglected the Vipers and 550's...

2014-Le-Mans-10.jpg



2004LM60_car.JPG
Look, I don't have to talk off topic but I'm just putting a little curiosity: Tuscan T400R is equivalent to Tuscan S6 Race car or Tuscan S6 Road Car. For Zonda Race Car which has number 60, is equivalent to Zonda C12 7.3 or Zonda LM Race Car.
 
I would drive a Miura, if I had the credits... :(
 
Back