FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 301,478 views
Come on man! I have 5:30 am to 5:00 pm. Get with it :p

If you want to count waking up and sleeping hours, 7am to 1am :p
 
lookout.png
 
If you want to count waking up and sleeping hours, 7am to 1am :p
I also have an engineering job even though I haven't finished yet. Great experience and a nice change of pace from classes
 
I also have an engineering job even though I haven't finished yet. Great experience and a nice change of pace from classes

Hopefully i'll have something within three years.
 
Hopefully i'll have something within three years.
If you do it right, industry should find you. I don't know what kind of engineering you're in, but chemical is really booming at least in America
 
If you do it right, industry should find you. I don't know what kind of engineering you're in, but chemical is really booming at least in America
Electronic.
 
Electronic.
Nice! Auburn has a Wireless Electronic specialization for Electrical Engineers that's really good among public unis in America
 
The 2014 ToCA Survey.

The second annual survey of ToCA Drivers has taken place giving them a chance to shape regulations for the next 12 months. Many thanks to @LancerEvo7 @CAMikaze @snowgt @Yeratel84 @Scaniabebe @chrisjohnson93 @gtpanoz @PatrisS136 @DK @xZAMGMarmite @AudiMan2011 @Ninners @hsv @nascarfan1400 for responding.


1: Should wet races return to ToCA?
14-1 to vote in favour. Probably be pre set and determined when season schedule is published. Might have to dust off the Spa wellingtons however.

2: Should success ballast be implemented?
A 10-3 vote in favour, yet I still feel it isn't a great idea artificially handicapping especially with two reverse grid races. I think having a couple very fast runaway drivers last season or two has tilted everyone in this direction. Also there is the argument of if weight can actually help your car handling.

3: Narrow down car manufacturers from 8 to 6?
Since ToCA7 (I think) we've had 8+ makes on the grid. This will change. From next season be just the six cars.

4: Qualifying - cut it down?
Mix of results with people suggesting that it should be cut down, or just Q1, or not at all. A hot lap was even mooted. I suggest from next season 10/10 sessions for tracks with a lap of under two minutes, and 15/15 for longer circuits. Would also require fixed pre set Qualifying times.

5: Night Race - return?
8 say yes, 3 say maybe, 2 say no. I say yes myself, expect a night race if a suitable circuit is found.

6: Bathurst - double points race?
Mixture of yes and no here, but 8-7 for No. I am split myself. However might spice this seasons races up...

7: 3 car teams - Yes Or No
Majority vote to no.





Also expect first ToCA13 news within 48 hours :)
 
Tempted to make yet another toca comeback. Depends how free my weekends are over the next few months.
 
Also expect first ToCA13 news within 48 hours :)
I beat you to it by a couple months. ;)

I feel like sharing my responses to the survey:

1: Something which was raised before the Spa round of ToCA12 was the absence of a wet race. Should wet events be re-introduced next season? Perhaps a denoted "wet round" or "wet race" at certain rounds?
Hell yes. Do it like you did in GT5, if a track has weather change set it at the beginning of the weekend, reset as necessary based on current conditions. If people aren't prepared it's their problem.


2: Success Ballast has been considered an option for races - should this be implemented (thinking for top 3 finishers in a race / top 3 in championship?)

Yes. I'd say top 5 though.


3: For ToCA13 I may be narrowing down cars to allow just 6 individual models on the grid. This has a number of effects, including with less cars less time speccing, and also more cars allowed per manufacturer (instead of the 4/5 car cap per make now that could be raised to 5/6). Good idea?

Yes.


4: Cutting Qualifying 1 & 2 sessions into 10 minute shootouts from the current 15/15?

Leave Q2 at 15. Q1 can be shortened though. You usually know who is and isn't in before a lap is even turned. ;)


5: Should a night race return to ToCA?

Depends on the track.


6: Should the Bathurst 200 count towards points?

Yes, because I do well in long-distance races. Make it double points too.


7: Any other business / suggestions?

Get the alien bull:censored: figured out. Make it clear that Spurgy's welcome ahead of time, don't randomly pull him in when your team needs it when you'd instantly say no when another team tried the same thing.


8: 3 car teams legal or not?

Yes, but only if you raise the car limit as you suggested in #3.
 
For ballast, I suggest only doing it between weekends. After the first week, the top 5 carries a certain amount through the 3 rounds in the second weekend and so on. Depending on how much ballast it is, would determine if it should compound if the aliens keep winning with the ballast
 
I'd say that with ballast based on the past week's results/current championship standings you could have a once-off appearance by aliens like Spurgy and they'll be even more uncatchable!
 
DK
I'd say that with ballast based on the past week's results/current championship standings you could have a once-off appearance by aliens like Spurgy and they'll be even more uncatchable!
One-offs don't make a hill of beans towards the big picture of the championship. Then to keep Furi from doing that for the teams title, make one-offs not able to score team points
 
Just 6 makes slots mean a lot of chopping an changing in the car roster...
 
Just 6 makes slots mean a lot of chopping an changing in the car roster...
Skyline, Hyundai, Megan, replace 3 popular standards with premiums. Done.
 
5: Night Race - return?
8 say yes, 3 say maybe, 2 say no. I say yes myself, expect a night race if a suitable circuit is found.
Apricot Hill, maybe? You could have a twilight-into-night round with Race 1 in the late afternoon, Race 2 at sunset and Race 3 at night.
 
All premium line up next season. Polestar withdrawing S60s from series after this season.

hsv
Is this a way of saying there'll be other cars entered by Polestar? :p

Yep... not so subtle way of saying the C30 (AKA Trollvo), will return to ToCA... :p
 
Well, you're consistently becoming famous for your epic 180s within FRL, so that's not completely out of the picture for next season... :lol:
Well this one's a 240...
 
Back