FRL~IROC3 - YERATEL WINS IROC III!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 731 comments
Decided Mole? :)

Not 100%. I was very comfortable round Daytona, but at Motegi I was losing a whole bunch of time through each corner for no apparent reason (only thing I could think of was that I couldn't get as much lock on as those using wheels, I'm still on the pad), couldn't even keep up let alone be competitive there.

Not 100%. I was very comfortable round Daytona, but at Motegi I was losing a whole bunch of time through each corner for no apparent reason (only thing I could think of was that I couldn't get as much lock on as those using wheels, I'm still on the pad), couldn't even keep up let alone be competitive there.

I'm same on pad... I'm for some reason 1.1 off....

Thought you had a wheel?

I'm same on pad... I'm for some reason 1.1 off....
Have the same problem at Apricot Hill round that long corner, lose loads of time there too.

Thought you had a wheel?
I do, and I can do the same lap times with it, but I don't have the car control with it yet - so I'm not too keen to use it for online races in GT. I've mostly been using the wheel on Assetto Corsa, the feel is absolutely perfect in that game, while in GT it was quite disappointing and not very lifelike so I kinda gave up.

Have the same problem at Apricot Hill round that long corner, lose loads of time there too.

I do, and I can do the same lap times with it, but I don't have the car control with it yet - so I'm not too keen to use it for online races in GT. I've mostly been using the wheel on Assetto Corsa, the feel is absolutely perfect in that game, while in GT it was quite disappointing and not very lifelike so I kinda gave up.
I feel the same way, but enjoy using the wheel much more than the pad

Big fan of the new plate package. A little slower yes but cars stay so much more solid. Testing using old settings the bottom lane was the fastest way around, it would take a huge group on the middle or top to get through. The new package means the cars are more stable running those two lanes, and about even as well - Plenty 2x2 running with both lanes. Cars can also take a beating and as @LancerEvo7 demonstrated, be saved from the most ridiculous of situations. Also fuel use I think in draft is 40 laps... for an 80 lap Round #1 with GWC's potentially going to be very interesting. @FlyingFox send me the figures for your IROC gears for Motegi, I will try them out and make sure they are finalised before the weekend.

The bottom was the only way to move forward before. Does it help with pack racing?
Yes, both lines seemed pretty doable, felt right, proper slipstream trains instead of only one quick line.

The bottom was the only way to move forward before. Does it help with pack racing?

Yes, both lines seemed pretty doable, felt right, proper slipstream trains instead of only one quick line.

Yup, 2 cars on middle or high line have as much of a chance now as 2 on the low line. Also cars are not as tight / understeering changing lanes in the draft.

Btw I will do this, but I don't think I can commit to all rounds, will turn up when I can if that's ok (can't really race regularly in ToCA on Saturday & this on Sunday or I'll end up with other-half issues!)

Btw I will do this, but I don't think I can commit to all rounds, will turn up when I can if that's ok (can't really race regularly in ToCA on Saturday & this on Sunday or I'll end up with other-half issues!)

That's fine. Keep her happy :)

That's what I like to hear!

👍 I'll get OP updated later this week.

The #54 car that I will campaign in Thunder and the Crown Royal 200 over next two weeks.

Daytona International Speedway.jpg

I ran a few laps at Daytona road yesterday, and I was already faster than the GTE/LM pole time from the Daytona 24 this year. This thing is potent!

I ran a few laps at Daytona road yesterday, and I was already faster than the GTE/LM pole time from the Daytona 24 this year. This thing is potent!
I love the oversteer under braking :D

Turn 1 is basically driving that SOB as far into the turn as possible because it will stick.

Yup, and you get on the power so early. Reckon there will be some white-knuckle racing - remember default aero for the Road Courses, and full for Ovals.

Back