FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,906 views
Final corner is torture. Where is the invisible wall?
I'd say I'll show you on lap 1 of the race, but I'll be too far ahead of you by that point to do it. :P
 
It's really easy to tag it if you are pushing the limits on that exit.
 
In case anyone's interested, I've opened a test room just now...
 
I'm about to open a test room. It'll be in the FRL club
 
I'm stepping out to grab a bite to eat, but the room is up and going. It's club only in the FRL club
 
Right i'll be along soon Connor.
 
As shall I. Maybe.
 
1:09.1. Can't get much more than 0.2 off that.
 
After a lot of work, gone from high 1:09's to low 1:08's. Think its all about turn in, compromise T1 thats 0.3 gone. Compromise T4 and thats 0.5 gone. Also the Caddy has no speed against other cars in the straights.

EDIT: Been running 10hp down. Aha.
 
Rome is all hitting marks. I think specs aren't too bad. Yera had a really good lap, and I was very happy with the consistency I was getting. Out of curiosity, how quickly were tires degrading?
 
After a lot of work, gone from high 1:09's to low 1:08's. Think its all about turn in, compromise T1 thats 0.3 gone. Compromise T4 and thats 0.5 gone. Also the Caddy has no speed against other cars in the straights.

EDIT: Been running 10hp down. Aha.

For me it was a case of changing my aproach to T1 and T5 (end of back straight). Those together allowed me to find another 0.5s since this afternoon (best at 1:07.2 while being consistently below 68s now)

Rome is all hitting marks. I think specs aren't too bad. Yera had a really good lap, and I was very happy with the consistency I was getting. Out of curiosity, how quickly were tires degrading?
Actually those were two laps (07.242 then 07.232 on another outing)...
As for the tyres only noticed that it took less than five laps for FR to drop to 9 (haven't actually taken much attention tyre degradation)...
 
Rome is all hitting marks. I think specs aren't too bad. Yera had a really good lap, and I was very happy with the consistency I was getting. Out of curiosity, how quickly were tires degrading?

Around lap 9/10 for me. Got 40 laps of fuel, @LancerEvo7 says the Erebus gets 39.
 
I was losing a notch on the rf about lap 6/7, but I was driving 10/10
 
Anyone up for some testing later today (Friday) at around 3:00 pm US EST/2000 GMT in a Club room?
 
Anyone up for some testing later today (Friday) at around 3:00 pm US EST/2000 GMT in a Club room?
I'm free to test right now at least for a little while. It is Friday after all... :sly:
 
@LancerEvo7, @cnd01 and I have a feeling there may be a big mess at the start of the races in T1 as well as the chicane. Especially if there are a pack of cars racing for position.

As for me, I'll be there for Race 1, but might have to bail out of doing Race 2 to go to a Christmas Party function with a friend tomorrow.
 
The one on the start was just incidental contact but that divebomb while we were hotlapping was idiotic.
 
The one on the start was just incidental contact but that divebomb while we were hotlapping was idiotic.

Full briefing due tomorrow afternoon GMT.

Note that any stupid driving will be punished. Remember these are powerful heavy cars. If you can't control these cars (and these are tough at best of times) then this series isn't for you.
 
The one on the start was just incidental contact but that divebomb while we were hotlapping was idiotic.
We had a slight bump with 3 on the start, but with 16 ramming into T1, we're going to need a lot of patience and give.

It bottlenecks severely from T1 into 2 and 3, and it better be single file by 5 or else...

Full briefing due tomorrow afternoon GMT.

Note that any stupid driving will be punished. Remember these are powerful heavy cars. If you can't control these cars (and these are tough at best of times) then this series isn't for you.
There will be wrecks, and I'm fully expecting at least 1 re-start pileup in 5. We've gotta be careful. I know this dooms me to crash someone by saying all of this :lol:
 
If we managed Madrid in Indycar with no pileups like in the practice races then we should be fine here.
 
Back