FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
L11, I caused a FCY when, after following @R1600Turbo for a few laps and seeing him brake between 100-120 metres for T5, I was caught by surprise when he suddenly started braking at ~150 metres. I managed to avoid him at first but as I swerved under full braking I ended up sideways and stuck against the inside railing causing a pile-up behind me.
That was kind of my bad. I get really nervous under braking when behind a group of cars and I usually brake a bit early to avoid missing the braking point and slamming into people. Another reason why I will pull out from behind someone before the braking zone just in case.

I think it might have been netcode, sorry again pal, I was trying to get out of people's way. I should have pitted under caution

It didn't really affect me, to be honest, just mentioned to enforce my point of our poor my race was...

You're part of a 4 Mercedes team Yera. Go figure.

As far as I remember, team leader asked for permission and received it from series owner/moderator... so what seems to be the problem now?

That was kind of my bad. I get really nervous under braking when behind a group of cars and I usually brake a bit early to avoid missing the braking point and slamming into people. Another reason why I will pull out from behind someone before the braking zone just in case.
That's ok... at that particular moment I felt like you had braked earlier than usual, but then I wasn't as certain after your chat reply right after...

It didn't really affect me, to be honest, just mentioned to enforce my point of our poor my race was...

As far as I remember, team leader asked for permission and received it from series owner/moderator... so what seems to be the problem now?

There is no problem, i'm saying this has gone from traditional team vs team to full on marque vs marque warfare :lol:

There is no problem, i'm saying this has gone from traditional team vs team to full on marque vs marque warfare :lol:

5b7e0fdd39178dc8d4148618607fc96fb8908a1ea62c04119630f50f349c4ce1.jpg

That's ok... at that particular moment I felt like you had braked earlier than usual, but then I wasn't as certain after your chat reply right after...
I was just frustrated that I had been involved in pretty much every wreck leading up to that point. I near quit R2 when I had to pit on lap 15 for damage again.

@R1600Turbo Sorry for the damage in R2. Wasn't ex you to be there, I looked back and you were several car lengths back?
Was this T1? Can't remember who I dive bombed, may have been you. As I said earlier, I missed my braking point and swerved to the left to avoid running into the back of the car in front of me. Full avoidance maneuvers.

I was trying to pass Chris at the same time as that happened. Braked a bit earlier than normal but still later than Chris. Brakes just didn't work. Wasn't a question of whether I'd pile in to you and Turbo's mess but who I would hit. Absolutely clobbered Turbo.

Was this T1? Can't remember who I dive bombed, may have been you. As I said earlier, I missed my braking point and swerved to the left to avoid running into the back of the car in front of me. Full avoidance maneuvers.
Yes, no problem, I don't know about you but sometimes in this game I feel that the breaks aren't consistent form corner to corner

Stiggy scored for the main ECM team, not BAS, although I don't think it really matters as there's no team's championship.

One season got to the stage where I stopped even doing Ferrari standings :lol:
This season you might as well stop doing standings for everything else. ;)

Drove my socks off today, especially in Race #2. Disappointed to not get 4th but feeling genuinely confident for the season.

Folks, if you haven't seen it yet, sometime in the 20-ish lap range of race 2, me and Furi were side by side for the better part of a lap.

Folks, if you haven't seen it yet, sometime in the 20-ish lap range of race 2, me and Furi were side by side for the better part of a lap.
I had the best seat in the house from behind.

Need to put some laps in at RBR because this setup wasn't working tonight

Yeah, I got you around outside of T5, I held inside, we had some pretty hefty doorbanging into #7. I was actually clear on front straight but didn't want to risk getting my rear end lifted around by that Merc. How we managed that was ridiculous.

Oh and @chrisjohnson93 - Lap #9 ;) :P

Last edited:
Credit to everyone in this tonight for actually being professional. There was some door banging in bits but people were under control, supportive even after the odd issue, and all in all you were all a credit to the FRL.

To any ToCA-only racers watching this thread - tonight was how touring cars should be. If everyone was like this in that series, it'd be even better than it has been.

EDIT: Yet it remained fun. Serious but fun at same time.

The banter was quality too. Although with a team called Banter Autosport, it's safe to assume there will be plenty.

Car specs seemed good.

Caddy: Great handling, great brakes, poor speed.
Erebus: Great off turns and in faster corners, average speed.
Ford: Lazy handling, decent on brakes and very quick.
Lexus: Seemed really good in corners, good mechanical grip.

Lexus: Seemed really good in corners, good mechanical grip.
:lol:

The car looked stickier than it actually was, because I was taking my time in the corners trying to save tires. It was a lot of "hurry up and wait for the front end to gain any sort of grip so I can start getting on the throttle".

Latest Posts

Back