FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
Yeah it's pretty awkward, never seem confident with the braking point and the exit is always lighting up the rears too.

You can easily control exit wheelspin if you avoid the apex kerb, but like you said, the braking point is kinda sketchy for T2...

As for me, after a few laps to tune final gear for the track, I managed a 30.2 after some 4/5 laps (using Rome's setup)...

No, Shanghai, Sepang, Sakhir, COTA, Buddh, Sochi, Istanbul, Hockenheim, Marina Bay and the forever fantasy Port Imperial.

The tracks in bold are those I actually like (I actually miss having Instanbul in F1)... also you forgot to include Yas Marina on that list...

You can easily control exit wheelspin if you avoid the apex kerb, but like you said, the braking point is kinda sketchy for T2...

As for me, after a few laps to tune final gear for the track, I managed a 30.2 after some 4/5 laps (using Rome's setup)...
I don't remember what I managed to run there, but 1.30s sound about right. Turn 2 and 3 have very strange brake zones.

As for the race: I'm fully expecting to be knocked onto the bouncy runoff in either turn 1 or 2 on lap 1

IIRC, there may have been some RL V8SC teams that had different liveries for their cars. Sometimes this based on the sponsorships they have.

Gonna be fun watching these beasts stretch their legs on way to Turn 2...
AKA the Remus Hillclimb. ;)

How about the streets of Willow?
That track needs some housing. :dopey:

IIRC, there may have been some RL V8SC teams that had different liveries for their cars. Sometimes this based on the sponsorships they have.

AKA the Remus Hillclimb. ;)

That track needs some housing. :dopey:

Stone Brothers for one...Pirtek (Ambrose), Caltex (Ingall) ... perhaps @paulmac2k9 our resident V8 fan can recollect anymore? I think BJR in OzEmail guise ran white / green and black / green one time.

Stone Brothers for one...Pirtek (Ambrose), Caltex (Ingall) ... perhaps @paulmac2k9 our resident V8 fan can recollect anymore? I think BJR in OzEmail guise ran white / green and black / green one time.
I'm pretty sure the FPV guys had different ones a while back when one car ran just Ford and Caterpillar was on the other. It's been so long since I've kept up with V8SC that I don't know the liveries off hand.

I'm pretty sure the FPV guys had different ones a while back when one car ran just Ford and Caterpillar was on the other. It's been so long since I've kept up with V8SC that I don't know the liveries off hand.

Jason Bright and Mark Winterbottom I think.

It's not a Nissan but I got the Jack Daniel's colors going on with the Mustang. 👍
Dunno if I saw your teammate racing on Saturday Panoz, but I'd suggest you'd get him to race with the colors of Coca-Cola unless we already have it taken by cnd01 for Ford PJR.

And in case anyone didn't get what I said in the voice chat, when I heard about my teammate winning the race, I remember saying "...and the Trophy came C.N.D." as a play-on-words on the old mail/postal delivery term for C.O.D. - Cash on Delivery. :sly:

Dunno if I saw your teammate racing on Saturday Panoz, but I'd suggest you'd get him to race with the colors of Coca-Cola unless we already have it taken by cnd01 for Ford PJR.

And in case anyone didn't get what I said in the voice chat, when I heard about my teammate winning the race, I remember saying "...and the Trophy came C.N.D." as a play-on-words on the old mail/postal delivery term for C.O.D. - Cash on Delivery. :sly:
Chris had black just like Panoz, but he had the mean green rims.

Well you had SBR again with Van Giz and Davidson running SP tools and Irwin. GRM used to/still do run differering liveries I think. Bar that I can't remember anymore. (Unless you count DJR having a Red Jim Beam and a Yellow-ish Jim beam car)

Back