FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,924 views
As Furi said in race 2 during the first caution

"Connor, that mustang looks downright scary behind me"

And I'm really impressed with the driving standard here. We all were civil and not too aggressive. I'm usually very wary of a street course as the opener because of the nature of the contact and newness of a series. We did well though!

BTW Furi, I'm #16 for the series and #1 in the points table, but you got my position right as #1 ;)
 
Only issue is G27 isn't compatible on PS4 IIRC so I won't be dishing out any money on a wheel until GT7 comes out on PS4.
Question is what wheels will be PS4 compatable and how much will they cost? But @Ninners and I digress...

View attachment 277256


♪ One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song? ♪​
ANSWER: It's the Red Mustang and it was on top of the Race 1 Podium. ;)
 
Question is what wheels will be PS4 compatable and how much will they cost? But @Ninners and I digress...
Thrustmaster's, and there is nothing in the dfgt price-bracket from them.:(

Other than that, people are just clinging on to rumours of people making usb hardware that can hook up ps3 wheels but I won't believe it till I see it.
 
If my "testing" tonight at RBR is any indication of how my race will go next weekend, I'm not even going to bother. I've gone out to test 5 times and haven't even completed a lap. :yuck:

Edit: Or it's in 2 weeks, guess I have time. :rolleyes:
 
FRL V8 SUPERCARS RACE PREVIEW:

ROUND #1: CLIPSAL 300 @ ROME REVERSE
2x 44 LAP RACES
FUEL MILEAGE - 39-41 LAPS
EXPECTED PIT STOPS - 1

::snip::
Something to consider adding to the other FRL series(re: race preview)?
 
If my "testing" tonight at RBR is any indication of how my race will go next weekend, I'm not even going to bother. I've gone out to test 5 times and haven't even completed a lap. :yuck:

Edit: Or it's in 2 weeks, guess I have time. :rolleyes:
I have run a handful of laps. A1's corner layout is a lot like Rome, but it has a lot more grip and requires a much different tune
 
I have run a handful of laps. A1's corner layout is a lot like Rome, but it has a lot more grip and requires a much different tune
I've pretty much figured this out, but since I know absolutely squat about tuning, I usually rely on finding setups on here or somewhere on the net to find something that will somewhat work for me. Unfortunately it looks like this car just lacks grip no matter what you throw at it. Finally got a few laps in, ran a 31.7xx which I am sure is way off pace.

Edit: May have found something that will work. It's not great, but at least the diff is behaving now. Managed a 1:30.9xx 1:30.872 and can do consistent 31.1's. Just going to leave it... Also, remembered to set my gearing for standing start this time. Got toasted off the line at Rome trying to start in 2nd gear and bogging down.

Edit 2: Final color scheme.

fBa17OR9Rqcv3NODy_0.jpg
 
Last edited:
Driving standards were pretty good tonight and there were no incidents which I witnessed. Drove much better than I do in ToCA too.

Drove my socks off today, especially in Race #2. Disappointed to not get 4th but feeling genuinely confident for the season.
When was the last time we heard that eh? :P

Also after my game froze when checking laptimes before quali I couldn't hear mics unfortunately.
 
Last edited:
I was smokin' some tires on the start for sure. I seemed to have a really good gear because I was getting off the line better than those around me.
 
I was smokin' some tires on the start for sure. I seemed to have a really good gear because I was getting off the line better than those around me.
I sucked at Rome because I totally spaced it, but now I have 1st gear set up perfect. :D
 
I sucked at Rome because I totally spaced it, but now I have 1st gear set up perfect. :D

I had 1st as tall as possible, and didn't want to change 2nd as to not compromise it for the hairpin, but with the low-rev torque the Merc has, I could quickly short-shift to 3rd and still get a good start...
 
I start in 1st gear but shift almost immediately to 2nd.
 
I had 1st as tall as possible, and didn't want to change 2nd as to not compromise it for the hairpin, but with the low-rev torque the Merc has, I could quickly short-shift to 3rd and still get a good start...
I started in 2nd at about 7000 RPM, seemed to have the right balance of revs and wheelspin
 
I start in 1st gear but shift almost immediately to 2nd.

I started in 2nd at about 7000 RPM, seemed to have the right balance of revs and wheelspin

For R2 (I forgot to test it before R1), I started at ~4000 RPM, yet it still almost immediately hit the limiter, so quickly shifted to 2nd and then to 3rd, to kill the wheelspin...
 
I normally start in 2nd for cars with more power but I had no practice starts to actually try it out before the races. In race I started in 2nd but bogged down so shifted back into 1st to get some power back before shifting up again. In Race 2 my start was also pretty bad because I didn't have enough revs.
 
Started in 1st both times, gears are pretty even until 5th and 6th that are a tad longer.
 
I have the shortest possible 1st and longest possible 2nd so I use 1st to get the wheels spinning and then go to 2nd. It works great. Never use 1st otherwise.
 
With my gear settings, I put the pedal to the metal and burn some rubber. I gained spots on both starts doing so. That picture Lancer put of lap 1 turn 1 was me after overtaking both Yera and Mini Stiggy on the outside. Yera ended up getting back by, but I gave her all she was worth
 
I think the Mustang is just better than the Merc off the line, because my starts were not bad.
 
With my gear settings, I put the pedal to the metal and burn some rubber. I gained spots on both starts doing so. That picture Lancer put of lap 1 turn 1 was me after overtaking both Yera and Mini Stiggy on the outside. Yera ended up getting back by, but I gave her all she was worth

You two kinda tangled up on T2 and opened the right side just enough for me to squeeze through...

I think the Mustang is just better than the Merc off the line, because my starts were not bad.

+1
 
Can't remember. But based on Furi's 31s, it's got to be 29s or 30s at least.

Low 30's I recall.
 
And here I was feeling confident after finding a stable tune last night. :lol:

Oh well, just gonna run it as-is...

Gonna be fun watching these beasts stretch their legs on way to Turn 2...
 
Gonna be fun watching these beasts stretch their legs on way to Turn 2...
And the multitude of Tilke hairpins will give you endless opportunities to mention how much wheelspin these cars have!
 
Back