FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
So you can assume a fast lap is somewhere in the mid-24s. 👍
image.jpg

Think I spent about 3 laps without damage in race two. Yet again a race to forget. Need to stop loosing out so much when I have pace. Could have easily taken two top 5's.

Another good V8 weekend.

8th in race one after getting a little damage on the first lap and had to nurse it until I stopped on lap 5. Went the rest of the race up to 7th before losing out to "Fresher Tyres Furi" with a few lap to go

4th in the second race is my best race this season. Caught "Dead Tyres Nin" on the start for the final lap.

Got damage in both races which probably cost me positions, first race had slight contact with @LancerEvo7 in t2 then spent the rest of the race alone.

Race 2 was fantastic for the first 14 laps then it went wrong in the space of 4 laps first of all @raceorama123432 went across the grass after outbreaking himself which means he goes into the side of me giving me damage, I then pit at the end of the lap then had a decent outlap then Rob pitted at the end of lap 16 then at the first chicane I touch the back of him and I get damage again which means I have to pit again and go on then to finish last in a race where I could of got 8th possibly.

Highlight of the 2 races was managing to overtake @Andil around the outside in to the first chicane

Got damage in both races which probably cost me positions, first race had slight contact with @LancerEvo7 in t2 then spent the rest of the race alone.

Race 2 was fantastic for the first 14 laps then it went wrong in the space of 4 laps first of all @raceorama123432 went across the grass after outbreaking himself which means he goes into the side of me giving me damage, I then pit at the end of the lap then had a decent outlap then Rob pitted at the end of lap 16 then at the first chicane I touch the back of him and I get damage again which means I have to pit again and go on then to finish last in a race where I could of got 8th possibly.

Highlight of the 2 races was managing to overtake @Andil around the outside in to the first chicane

Also don't forget our side-by-side moment going through Turns 1, 2 & 3 👍

100% My fault

Had a hell of a car. This is by far the best track for the BOSS 302. I'm leaving my car blue for the finale because that's the best damn looking car out there.

Race 1: Mole and I literally scraped paint in the first turn which gave me damage. I lost second to Yera about lap 6 but by lap 9 I was back past and gone. The car didn't fall off as much on tires as everyone else was, but that's because I made speed on the banks rather than the infield. Mole lost 3 seconds to me on the stop, so I had a chance. I worked the living s**t out of my car to cut the gap down to 2.8 seconds only to have a moment on the skid pad and lost a few seconds. Great win to @Andil in round 1.

Race 2: A lot of craziness at the start. After the shuffle and first caution, I was 5th somehow on lap 3 after gridding 12th. I worked my way to the front carefully passing Chris and Panoz. I was able to keep a good gap on Mole up until my stop. I had no idea what the pit delta was, and I assumed everyone would need tires. I got out on the track after my stop pitting from the lead and realized that I was going to have to climb a mountain to get to 1st. Most guys made their stops; however, @Ninners and @Yeratel84 did not. I got around Nin easily with a handful of laps to go. Ended up just about 2 seconds short. Great win Yera.

I am very proud of our driving and conduct race 1 giving us our first FRL V8s race that didn't have a caution :cheers:

Enjoyed that! Race 1 was really tough actually, was a pure laptime battle with myself and @cnd01 at the front. In first stint I managed to pull out a 7.5s lead, but after the stops that was just 5s - then the gap came down by between 0.3-5 per lap, and with 3 laps to go it was down to 3secs. Then thankfully (for me), cnd ran wide onto the yellow/black slippery striped area and put the gap up to 6secs again, then just cruised for the finish.

Race 2 I tried to be super cautious at the start and eventually found myself up in P4 after some great side by side battles with cnd, first I got past him on one restart, then he got past me on the next. As the pit stops worked through (not sure why @Furinkazen was so surprised by my pit stop? Don't think I was doing anything revolutionary by stopping for tyres), @Yeratel84 was way out in front and I assumed he needed to stop again. It was only in the dying few laps that I remembered he'd stopped under caution earlier. I ended up right behind @cnd01 and it was roles reversed this time. Could never quite find a way past, and eventually cooked my tyres to the point that I couldn't keep up anymore, so just backed it down and crossed line for 3rd - still great points 👍

Enjoyed that! Race 1 was really tough actually, was a pure laptime battle with myself and @cnd01 at the front. In first stint I managed to pull out a 7.5s lead, but after the stops that was just 5s - then the gap came down by between 0.3-5 per lap, and with 3 laps to go it was down to 3secs. Then thankfully (for me), cnd ran wide onto the yellow/black slippery striped area and put the gap up to 6secs again, then just cruised for the finish.

Race 2 I tried to be super cautious at the start and eventually found myself up in P4 after some great side by side battles with cnd, first I got past him on one restart, then he got past me on the next. As the pit stops worked through (not sure why @Furinkazen was so surprised by my pit stop? Don't think I was doing anything revolutionary by stopping for tyres and fuel), @Yeratel84 was way out in front and I assumed he needed to stop again. It was only in the dying few laps that I remembered he'd stopped under caution earlier. I ended up right behind @cnd01 and it was roles reversed this time. Could never quite find a way past, and eventually cooked my tyres to the point that I couldn't keep up anymore, so just backed it down and crossed line for 3rd - still great points 👍
I forgot you hadn't pitted unlike half the field.

Back