FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
  • 76,871 views
A street course with cars this powerful and large will make it harder to pass than a kidney stone :dopey:I wanna get in on the next test to join the fun 👍
 
Well, put me down as a potential part-time(?)entry here.

For testing, I'll go with #16 on the Ford and #38 on the other makes that are still available.
 
I'll have car #11 as per my FRL number
 
I thought that the Mustang needs a bit more power (or Merc less) because I was able to pull away from a Mustang when they were in my tow. Whether it should be more for the Mustang or less for the Merc depends on how the Lexus compares to the both of them.

Rome is going to be a bad circuit, going to be a lot of crashes and won't end well - guarantee that now. These cars slide around a lot and so there's actually very little room to pass most of the time. Chicane and first sector will be a nightmare especially in opening few laps.

RBR was a lot of fun, I normally don't like the circuit but it was great to drive, and a lot of opportunities to pass.

Bathurst well it has to stay whether it'll be a crash fest or not. Best part was sticking Furi into the gravel through the Chase. Mega.


Bathurst is epic fun, the car feels so alive and you always have things to do in the car.

We have survived 700hp FGTs on comforts at Madrid, we will survive ;)
A street course with cars this powerful and large will make it harder to pass than a kidney stone :dopey:I wanna get in on the next test to join the fun 👍


Yeah... ya know Madrid anyway is in this as an endurance?
 
Oh yea! I welcome that race. Bathurst too

Fuji will be F layout with the mickey mouse hairpins.
 
I'm ready for the A1 Ring race too! Lots of hard braking zones

The wheelspin off of turns is tougher. Of course haven't mentioned the Motegi enduro or the Ascari events yet...
 
Correction on my Ford number for testing, it'll be #15 instead of #16 unless that number has already been taken.
 
The wheelspin off of turns is tougher. Of course haven't mentioned the Motegi enduro or the Ascari events yet...
Ascari will be a tire slayer probably. I'm not usually very good at saving tires, but as Dale Earnhardt says "I'll apologize to the tires after they get me to the front!!!"
 
@Furinkazen what day are you planning on running this? I'd love to sign up if there's space and it doesn't clash with anything else 👍
 
Would be interested to see what pace other regulars (@snowgt @Yeratel84 etc) find between the 3 cars.

I only had time to spec the cars and run a couple of laps each and I'm not really sure this is the kind of car I should be driving at my age. It's like a constant fight to keep the car on the road. I'm getting too old for this kind of thing.

I'll test the cars some more no matter how much my involvement will be though. Early impressions: Ford felt loosest of the three, but I also think my setup was too soft (in the 09's at Rome). I was a bit faster right away in the Mercedes (08 in 2nd lap), which instils a little more confidence. The Lexus understeered wildly at first, but it got better when I took downforce off (had it on 150 and moved down to 110). I guess you need a bit of the rear going sideways under power in these cars.
 
I'm not sure why people are complaining about the Ford having understeer as I managed to dial that right out.

As for the Lexus, well that's going to need a ton of work.

Still awaiting someone to send me a good setup for the Lexus that I'm left with.
 
Fox if you could send me your ford setup id appreciate it.

Didnt get to do much running yesterday but i am looking forward to sorting out this ford to run with those mercs
 
Fox if you could send me your ford setup id appreciate it.

Didnt get to do much running yesterday but i am looking forward to sorting out this ford to run with those mercs
Yeah, could we test perhaps later on? (Old v8 time)... Just can't find a balance...
 
What day is this on? Considering digging out my PS3 to compete...
 
Fox if you could send me your ford setup id appreciate it.

Didnt get to do much running yesterday but i am looking forward to sorting out this ford to run with those mercs

Will do mate
 
@Furinkazen what day are you planning on running this? I'd love to sign up if there's space and it doesn't clash with anything else 👍
What day is this on? Considering digging out my PS3 to compete...

Right full for the moment lads :/
Lancer


Ninners


Andil


Paint schemes subject to change.​

Nice schemes. What team banner you running under Lancer?

BOP Update will be Lexus +10hp, Ford +10hp, Mercedes unchanged.
 
upload_2014-10-20_21-22-29.png

EDIT oops.
 
I'll be ECM as well, but as an independent. Like you do in ToCA ;)
 
Back