FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
Had a good run in the Ford tonight, found the lexus way to have too much oversteer. The Ford has quite a bit of understeer but hopefully can be tuned out with a setup. Just a bit worried that @Andil and @Ninners are so far ahead compared to others which may be them but may also be the car as well.

Does anyone have a set-up for the Lexus as is understeers like nothing else I have driven.

Anyone…..PM me PLEASE

I'm gonna definitely watch this! I may not be able to make all the rounds, but a Mustang entry is likely for me :)

I'm gonna definitely watch this! I may not be able to make all the rounds, but a Mustang entry is likely for me :)
I'll drive whatever @LancerEvo7 is driving

Believe full. WIll have to check spreadsheet on laptop later date.

Fun test with @gtpanoz @R0ssingt0n @redbullrider20 @The Stig Farmer @FlyingFox @PatrisS136 @Andil @Ninners @SkengD @chrisjohnson93 - what are your thoughts?

I thought Rome was a challenge, annoying but insanely good even if last turn is horrific to drive. Turn 4 onto the backstretch is like Adelaide with the way the wall comes out to your car, gonna spoil a few peoples day. Nice and wide however so plenty of passing and Yellows should be limited with room for damaged cars to pull out the way.

Red Bull Ring totally different. The hairpins I seem to hate :lol: for wheelspin bogging me down but the Mustang brakes are neat ;) - pretty fast and flowing though turn 5/6 section end of S2 is bound to catch people out. Can see 90% green flag running here.

Bathurst - big daddy. Gonna be spins for sure, and a fine line between crashing and setting a blistering lap. But I find it much less threatening than Monaco, maybe it is my familiarity with the track.

Car wise - C63 looks tad bit too fast on straight. Well not too fast, but it corners better than anything, and needs a weaker spot. Mustang is "meh". Still in a decent position testing but feel like I have 1.0 seconds to come at least - Skeng, set up work perhaps? I'm out of ideas. Lexus understeers like a truck. Or in Chris case OVERSTEER?! Needs a little more top end, so will get HP boost.

Next week testing same time, and switching on full damage at Ascari, Madrid, and Fuji. Thanks to all for interest and support :) :)

BTW Erebus PP is 590.

I'm definitely loving Rome in these cars. Tracks like Rome, Madrid, Bathurst, etc. are going to be races of attrition with the tight confines that are those tracks. I would totally race this stuff all day long but I just don't know what my situation is going to be come December, so I can't commit to doing this full-time. I will try to make as many races as I can however, it'd be nice to get to race with new and quick drivers.

Last edited:
Rome was fine and managed a 1:09.3 and was getting a rhythm built up around there as I didn't come across the understeer that the Ford has. Was much more adherent around RBR and Bathurst. Regarding car specs it's good to have a few weeks to test the cars to make the specs ok but it's very rarely going to be perfect as some drivers are quicker than others such as @Andil and @Ninners are much quicker than @The Stig Farmer.

Also haven't decided whether or not to join up with someone in a team but the teams championship will go to Nin and Mole. Will there be a manufacturers championship with the top 3 of a same car counting towards that?

I thought that the Mustang needs a bit more power (or Merc less) because I was able to pull away from a Mustang when they were in my tow. Whether it should be more for the Mustang or less for the Merc depends on how the Lexus compares to the both of them.

Rome is going to be a bad circuit, going to be a lot of crashes and won't end well - guarantee that now. These cars slide around a lot and so there's actually very little room to pass most of the time. Chicane and first sector will be a nightmare especially in opening few laps.

RBR was a lot of fun, I normally don't like the circuit but it was great to drive, and a lot of opportunities to pass.

Bathurst well it has to stay whether it'll be a crash fest or not. Best part was sticking Furi into the gravel through the Chase. Mega.

Back