FRL~V8 SUPERCARS - Moleman CHAMPION, ECM Pirtek Endurance Cup ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,753 comments
Was checking OP and I'll say this once more:

My race number is #12, except for ToCA or ToCA support series where I'll use #84...

FRL V8 SUPERCARS RACE PREVIEW:

ROUND #1: CLIPSAL 300 @ ROME REVERSE
2x 44 LAP RACES
FUEL MILEAGE - 39-41 LAPS
EXPECTED PIT STOPS - 1

LQJ5QtI.jpg

@Yeratel84 @CAMikaze @cnd01 @The Stig Farmer @R0ssingt0n @raceorama123432 @R1600Turbo @Panoz @LancerEvo7 @SkengD @motoracer50 @Ninners @Andil @FlyingFox @chrisjohnson93 @Mini Stiggy gonna spoil all you guys. First up, and this is going in OP, updated event regs / settings, please read through.:

V0rSJCQ.jpg

JnZTLpG.jpg

BMW M-POWER TRACK GUIDE:

it4am6K.jpg

TURN #1:

Turn #1 at Rome is a high speed approach from around 150+mph, hard braking which on the cobbled surface makes the cars a little more unsettled and skittish. Braking hard and a perfect line will mean you should be able to take a low-medium line on the track. Running wide will greatly compromise your lap as you will have to correct and set up for Turn #2 - easily 0.5 of a second can be lost in this fairly innocuous-looking left hander.

oKxtqxH.jpg

TURN #2:

Turn 2 is a chicane that can vary a bit. If you have taken the optimal line through Turn #1 then you will be flying through here, high speed across the kerbs in the first part and then right up against the wall for the second part which the BMW M4 Safety Car is going through, on exit this will also be the case. However such is the power of the V8 cars that you will more than likely be still steering from the exit of Turn #1 trying to make the first part of #2 - it's all about consistency. The faster you are through #1, the faster you will be through #2 but also be closer to the barriers.

a4kBEcc.jpg

TURN #3

Turn #3 is a high speed left, hook the kerb on entry on the left and it will take right up against the wall on exit. You can tell apart a good handling car from a bad handling one here, as worse set ups will be understeering more towards the wall on exit. Getting up on the kerb fighting a poor handling car will result in a hefty whack into the wall as well, and this might be trickier on high fuel and / or on worn tyres.

mPIqXee.jpg

TURN #4

The BMW M4 pace car has been cruising around this lap, yet look at how tight the apex is for T4. Perhaps the most intimidating corner on the circuit, the high speed approach on the streets of Rome mean you are essentially going for a blind apex - the kerbs rattle your car and the slightest tap on the wall on exit can ruin your lap. You can enter at 100mph roughly, but a strike against the wall means that might become 95mph instead of 115mph on exit, which will compromise you all the way up the back straight. If you are really unlucky you might even break a right rear wheel as the car slides through. It's a totally one-line corner, if you are off for the corner you may as well literally go into damage limitation mode for an impact and hope no-one is nearby to allow to merge back on track.

MUbjEU5.jpg

TURN #5.

Hard on the brakes here for T5 which has a unique bit of variation. The cobble stop on turn in, and as you put power down wheels will probably spin up as the car is set up for the cobbled surfaces. Then the cobbles start again and the car sort of regains balance. It's a very wide corner but deceptively sharp, any divebomb or major errors might end you in the wall. Indeed the "wide entry, cut back inside" line is very much an option here.

tnJAsys.jpg

TURN #6

Turn #6 starts the final sequence with a cambered right hander that drops away on exit. Tightening up on exit, you can't commit as fully as you could in theory otherwise the correction for your speed on exit will compromise your final corner.

YliVFcY.jpg

TURN #7:

The first of two double left handers, a lot depends on how you have the car set up from Turn #6 exit. A high line will mean you can cut straight back down in preparation for Turn #8. A low line will mean you are preparing for a tight Turn #8.

wTH1YVu.jpg

TURN #8:

As said above, influenced by Turn #7. The low entry means the car runs right against the wall on exit, or the slower (on entry) high line means you can floor it no issues out the corner.

0a6nk8T.jpg

TURN #9 / PIT ENTRY / RESTART POINT

Turn #9 is a simple flat right. For Pit Entry please be committed to pit lane before the start of the green painted tarmac, no cutting across that to get into the pits. Race restart point single file is green as well from start of the pit wall (which is pictured coming into shot here). From that point, leader may accelerate and racing may commence with immediate effect.

346XBlW.jpg

PIT EXIT:

Similar rule to Pit Entry. Please merge to track after the green tarmac. Be aware that cars braking from 150mph will be alongside, don't pull out straight in the path of them!

Will get some testing done in around an hour or so. Going in blind as I didn't get to drive this track in pre season either.

Has no effect on times so it doesn't matter either way. My PB was without but I had it on last night with you guys.
I allow it in my racing leagues because it's not traceable, there's no way to know if someone is using it. That also goes for the clutch and flywheel where applicable. But Furi is the boss. ;)

I allow it in my racing leagues because it's not traceable, there's no way to know if someone is using it. That also goes for the clutch and flywheel where applicable. But Furi is the boss. ;)
;)

The original specs had all driveline bits, not sure why there was a change. But it makes no difference.

This is getting to be a nightmare, and I know it's not my connection. I've been disconnected twice, and now people are lagging like crazy and most can't see me. If it's going to be this way today, I'd rather do something else. PD's servers are crap.

Game froze when I went to check lap times ffs like I'm not already down on mileage already.

Anyway Losing 0.3 in s1, 0.8 in s2 and a tenth in s3.

Back