1988 Porsche 959 Sport
1 of only 29
http://rmsothebys.com/pa17/paris/lots/1988-porsche-959-sport/1701774

1988-porsche-959-sport.jpg

Well that's a rare investment, certainly. Not only is it a 959, a car which already has small numbers in terms of cars made, but it's also a special version that simplifies and then adds lightness (paraphrasing ye ol'Chapman here)... I will be surprised if it doesn't at least match its estimated price.

I believe this is the fastest version you could get of this car and would do over 200mph so that also makes it even another rare sight. If Seinfeld didn't have one already I'd say sold

I believe this is the fastest version you could get of this car and would do over 200mph so that also makes it even another rare sight. If Seinfeld didn't have one already I'd say sold

A faster version of a car which could already hit 195 mph back in the late '80s? Well, that doesn't sound like overkill... Shame it's more likely that future owners won't risk driving the car at such high speeds, because it's certainly capable in that regard. And besides, it's Jerry Seinfeld, I am not too surprised hearing about him already owning one. You say "rare Porsche", Jerry says "mine already"... :lol:

A faster version of a car which could already hit 195 mph back in the late '80s? Well, that doesn't sound like overkill... Shame it's more likely that future owners won't risk driving the car at such high speeds, because it's certainly capable in that regard. And besides, it's Jerry Seinfeld, I am not too surprised hearing about him already owning one. You say "rare Porsche", Jerry says "mine already"... :lol:

I've never heard of him buying multiples of a model though, unless it has some real historic value between them. Also he sold some not that long ago http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...g-porsches-jerry-seinfeld-has-up-for-auction/

But I don't know if his is a Sport so who knows maybe he will try to obtain it.

Also the speed was 195 on the standard there were supposedly 959 you could buy going up to 205+. Here is a "Komfort" (the 197mph version) for sale. The Sport is faster I'm pretty sure.

AZ17_r234_001.jpg

http://www.rmsothebys.com/az17/arizona/lots/1987-porsche-959-komfort/1699823

Not sure if this would cost more or less than the 962 (probably more - I think they are well over $7 million now), but for me, the 250GT SWB is simply the pinnacle of front engined cars.

The below is POA, and in a fabulous colour. With a Bordeaux or tan interior, would be perfect (though I'd still take it with black!).
ferrari-250-gt-swb-186859959-4.jpg

Bella machina :drool::drool::drool:

When I was a kid I used to think the XJR15 was one of the best looking cars ever... I'm not quite sure anymore.

The XJ220 had much better proportions. The greenhouse is immense, and the taillights look like an afterthought. Both these features make the car look thinner and longer than it actually is, something that wasn't the case for the XJ220.

Strangely enough, Peter Stevens designed the XJR15... the same Peter Stevens that also penned the marvelous McLaren F1.

The XJ220 had much better proportions. The greenhouse is immense, and the taillights look like an afterthought. Both these features make the car look thinner and longer than it actually is, something that wasn't the case for the XJ220.

Strangely enough, Peter Stevens designed the XJR15... the same Peter Stevens that also penned the marvelous McLaren F1.

Form over function. The XJR15 was built to for a one-make racing series and was heavily based on the Group C racers that TWR/Jaguar were running at the time, that became road cars when the short-lived series ended. The XJ220 was built as a road car that just happened to subsequently go racing. They were approached from different directions. The XJR15 is much less bloated in my eyes.

Some misinformation by Amari.

It isn't the only road legal FXX out there & was produced in 2005. Judging by former folks with experience in the XX Programme, none of them are ideal to drive on the road.
I did some searching and found there is 3. The one for sale is the only one road legalized by Ferrari.
Another one (red) was legalized by Edo Competition but only info on it was from 2007 when it was converted. There is no current info on it, not even on their website they just have info on the ZXX (which is Ezno made to look like a FXX).
The 3rd (light blue)is one in Switzerland that the owner was trying to it road legal and maybe got it legal but there is no soild info on it.
Edit:I guess is that the one for sale has a title (document of ownership) from Ferrari to show its a road legal car. The others one cause they were made by aftermarket companys, they only have paper work from government to show the cars have be converted to be road legal.

Last edited:
3.jpg

Originally only sold in Japan, mint condition AND high levels of equipment?

You might say it's not rare enough. But do you know what made this a Japan exclusive in the first place...?

17.jpg

It's an AMG Panzer tank. A 6-litre AMG Panzer tank, no less... For 15k quid, I'd say you would be robbing the proverbial armory. :crazy:

http://www.4starclassics.com/mercedes-s500-amg-6-0-for-sale/

Latest Posts

Back