FT-1 VGT...Toyota.

There is always a way to tune a car...
Do tell.

I was surprised that it doesn't seem to have the option but thought I heard someone say there was a way to do something in the options menu.

Fyi the car drives almost perfect and has plenty of power but this is a draft race and I havent gotten closer than 20 seconds from the leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do tell.

I was surprised that it doesn't seem to have the option but thought I heard someone say there was a way to do something in the options menu.

Fyi the car drives almost perfect and has plenty of power but this is a draft race and I havent gotten closer than 20 seconds from the leader.

OK I'll have a go. Think I have one. Right don't have one, which one should I go for?

Looking at wrong one, I had a Zagatto and have done this race. The Toyota is a little slower, but you should be able to do it....maybe. Someone must have a set up for it Or just buy a faster car.

Last edited:
Is there a way to tune it? Can it win in the last race of the Vision Gran Turismo trophy race?
The only things you can change on the FT-1 VGT are brake balance, traction control and tyres. You cannot change anything else.

The only things you can change on the FT-1 VGT are brake balance, traction control and tyres. You cannot change anything else.
Yes I see was wondering if I missed something. I can't get closer than 20 seconds from 1st place. Must be missing something or drafting to soon. I remember a race from gt2 I think where you had to wait to go ahead of the slower cars in order to build enough momentum to get close to the leader.

Yes I see was wondering if I missed something. I can't get closer than 20 seconds from 1st place. Must be missing something or drafting to soon. I remember a race from gt2 I think where you had to wait to go ahead of the slower cars in order to build enough momentum to get close to the leader.
Use the IsoRivolta or the Subaru Viziv. You can extend the gearing on both of them.

Is this those dumb races on say... Le Mans or Tokyo Express where many of the cars in factory trim max out their final drives and you breeze past in your VGT car w/ appropriate rear diff gearing to reach VMAX?

Reminds me of the online races in GT6 SS Route 7 where people in stock LMPs were wondering why they got beaten roll racing by others in a 1997 Supra.

Do tell.

I had a go using the FT-1 VGT, and I just missed out on the win.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-12-20 16-00-55.png

Ok thx. 1st time back in a long time. ...and yes I saw it when the leader backed off
Every race before the 1. I won there was another car that I could never pass even after drafting him and another. GT has done that forever. When you hit enough of the difficult turns right, it usually lets you win although I have had it get me at the line as well.

This is a race where top speed wins. Either find a car you can extend the gears on or get the Alpine.

Latest Posts

Back