Fuji Speedway is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport — And We'll See It This Weekend

I'd be surprised if this track came in the next update for a few reasons, if you look at all other updates they have always gone fictional then real then fictional etc, and we had Redbull Ring in last update, also if you remember the tyre model that was in use at the last world tour,that took months to arrive in a Update, my guess it will come in October update, however I could be wrong.
I would tend to agree with you. I have a feeling they will blind side us with Deep Forest or something. That, or give us a huge update next month with a ton of the OG fantasy tracks. Time will tell. BTW, big fan of the channel, hope the next season goes better than that Interlagos race lol

You know what... I think we'll get the Super Formula car rebranded as a Gran Turismo car and I think it can happen, because we can't customize the livery of the Merc W07, the Super Formula championship have a venue on Fuji Speedway and it's rather meant for the Japanese.

profile-pierre-gasly-super-formula-car.jpg

Yeah, Motegi and all layout would be nice. Fuji is fine I guess. Hope there is 90's layout that I drove it often back in GT4 days,

I prefer the 80s layout.
Hate those chicanes that were added

They should really add the original Autodromo Monza.
10km of high speed insanity.

It would appear at this point that we will get all if not most of the real world tracks from GT6, but also it doesn’t seem that any of the original tracks will return for this iteration, assume they will be carried over to next version of GT, which is kind of shame love to have seen original courses at different times of day.

You know what... I think we'll get the Super Formula car rebranded as a Gran Turismo car and I think it can happen, because we can't customize the livery of the Merc W07, the Super Formula championship have a venue on Fuji Speedway and it's rather meant for the Japanese.

profile-pierre-gasly-super-formula-car.jpg

I hope it will be great to see a Super Formula in the game even more if it's the 2019 SF19 Dallara version.

Give me a GT league event at Fuji with trucks (I mean, the Ford Raptor we have just this one) and/or with Nissan Micras (ops, we don't have those as well. Maybe with the update) for the GT4 nostalgia. lol

And why not kart events? :lol:

We don't have any of them in GT League :boggled:

Speculation time!

I reckon we'll see two layouts drop with the addition of the Fuji Circuit. Naturally the GT layout but also the F as well, based on its inclusion in the previous two games. For those hoping for the 80s layout I wouldn't hold your breath as neither GT5 nor GT6 featured this layout. Shame really as I much preferred the flow of this variant. Why have so many classic circuits been butchered in the way of "progress" (*cough* Tiilke *cough*)?

I do wonder though, are Polyphony completely remodelling these new tracks or are they merely "remastering" old ones the same way we've seen with the cars themselves?

Speaking of cars, I imagine they'll be a strong Japanese theme to this months DLC. In addition there's always at least one Italian and one American car thats comes with new DLC as well. If I had to hazard a guess:

- New Toyota Supra: We have the GR Racing Concept already. Question is though, has the road car even been officially announced yet? We must be close. Considering this new generation shares the same platform with the recently revealed BMW Z4 it seems like the perfect time for Toyota to unmask their new sports car.
- Toyota Castrol TOMS Supra: Probably because it's such an iconic car for the series. I doubt it would make Gr.2 but maybe Gr.3 perhaps, though more than likely it will probably be just be another Gr.X runt. Makes for a nice pairing with the above Supra as well, especially given Polyphony's tendency to release DLC in mini themes. Every months DLC usually features a competition vehicle, so this Supra should satisfy that requirement.
- Remastered GT4 vehicle: So many to choose from. I'll take a wild guess so maybe the AE86 for all those Initial D fans out there?
- Acura NSX '91: THAT infamous screenshot for one (was it real? was it fake? who knows!). Of the few remain PS3 generation premium Japanese road cars left to be remastered. Also given the series connection to Senna it feels right to have this vehicle in the game (given his contribution towards its development).
- Lexus LFA: Despite the controversy with other games featuring Toyotas, Gran Turismo seems like the showcase racing sim for the manufacturers various brands. The LFA is such a milestone in Japanese automotive culture, much like the original NSX. If not this month then surely by the end of the year. Also because ex premium. That engine note however! Sweet God!
- Suzuki Cappuccino OR Mazda Autozam AZ1 OR both: Currently we're sitting at 3 Kei cars in Gran Turismo Sport. Whether we see the addition of both remains to be seen, but we'll definitely see one or the other quite soon. Expect additional Kei Cup races to be added as well. Racing these at the smaller Willow Springs tracks would be great!
- Mercedes 300 SL: Kaz I believe raced one in this years Mille Miglia. Last gen premium and probably the most iconic of the Mercs not currently featured in the game. More likely to be featured than say the SL55 AMG or the C63 AMG, both of which are a little dated now.
- Pagani Huayra OR a classic Ferrari: Excluding March, ever major DLC pack has featured at least one Italian vehicle. No major reason for choosing the Huayra other than the fact it's a premium. More likely than the Cizetta Moroder (too niche) or another Lamborghini (given that the Gallardo and the Murchielago are little dated when compared with the Aventador and Huracan). If not the Huayra, then in terms of classic Ferrari's either the Dino, 288 GTO or the Daytona. Knowing Polyphony though and their habit of doing truly baffling things then for all I know it might even be the new(ish) Fiat 500. But yes definitely something Italian, maybe even 2 cars?
- Alfa Romeo TZ2: Excluding February, every major DLC pack has also featured a 2,000,000 plus unicorn. We're almost done with remastering pass content, but the Alfa still remains. Could also be the token Italian car for the month as well.
- Something American: Much harder to predict this one. Again besides May, each month has always featured an American vehicle. Total speculation here but I'd go with either a:
- Chevrolet Corvette C5 or C6
- Plymouth AAR Cuda Six Barrel
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- A wildcard. Sticking with the American theme and going off last months debut of a rare concept car, we could possibly see the return of either the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept or the Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster. Both vehicles would satisfy the usual trend of one American vehicle.

Oh and if there's new events to be added, then maybe we'll finally see a 90s JDM cup? 3 events, taking place at either Tsukuba, Suzuka, Tokyo and probably the new Fuji circuit.

Lets see what Kaz's silhouette tweet has to say this month. Hopefully he drops it BEFORE the DLC gets announced ha!
Mt Fuji how about my g35. Or the q60 black concept. To match witht the fuji theme. You get an American and Japanese in one. I know not going to happen I want my car in game hehe.

Another month gone by with no Laguna Seca.

C'mon PD, you can't forget the first real world track you ever put in a gran turismo game.

I hope Laguna Seca comes too!!

It has recently changed from Mazda Laguna Seca to WeatherTech Laguna Seca so don't know if they would have to more or less completely re-scan it??

Mind you I doubt they re-scanned LaSarthe to bring it up to the present 2018 (or 2017) layout that was added!

Now, I would like the previous 3 MX-5 generations. A GT game always must feature at least 10511 MX-5 models.
5u8faRd.jpg

give me this ökör pls

Yessssss!! I can't believe we've gone this long with only the ND in GT Sport. I would love to see a super high def GT Sport version of the NB as that is what the majority of Spec Miata is in the US. I know, I'm being too optimistic, but let's see an updated NA at the very least, and the race version from the older GT5 & 6 era would be very welcome as well. ;)

Pretty please!

I hope Laguna Seca comes too!!

It has recently changed from Mazda Laguna Seca to WeatherTech Laguna Seca so don't know if they would have to more or less completely re-scan it??

I fail to see why new ownership would require a new scan, unless PD never had precise data to begin with. At most it would likely require a new license deal with the new owner. But this is another discussion and time will show how it pans out.

This track is a tough cookie to master for sure. For me that's the reason I'm not a big fan of it (because I never really got good at it).

It's been a while so I'll definitely give it a go and see if my opinion changes.

I agree on the "GT6 bag of tricks" from which I think they will get the Huayra (just a feel) among others. Would be cool to get some new (2015-2018) cars though.

Also - what happened to rain ? Rain tires from the beginning, then some teaser and nothing really came out of it since.

Also - what happened to rain ? Rain tires from the beginning, then some teaser and nothing really came out of it since

At least someone mentioned it! I mean, i don't mind having a new track, since GT Sport's track roster isn't really that big, but the absence of rainy conditions (while having intermediate and rain tyres) is quite confusing, considering it is almost a year since the game was released

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIB RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

This track is a tough cookie to master for sure. For me that's the reason I'm not a big fan of it (because I never really got good at it).

It's been a while so I'll definitely give it a go and see if my opinion changes.

I agree on the "GT6 bag of tricks" from which I think they will get the Huayra (just a feel) among others. Would be cool to get some new (2015-2018) cars though.

Also - what happened to rain ? Rain tires from the beginning, then some teaser and nothing really came out of it since.

At least someone mentioned it! I mean, i don't mind having a new track, since GT Sport's track roster isn't really that big, but the absence of rainy conditions (while having intermediate and rain tyres) is quite confusing, considering it is almost a year since the game was released

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIB RAIN ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
We got rain at launch :boggled:, on 1 track section with 1 car that takes 15sec max :banghead:

The 6 hours of Fuji is next month, I would expect to see it in an October update. Also, with the way they have been releasing new tracks, it would make more sense. Hopefully rain and wet weather also comes in October.

Not a single hope or prayer for additional Porsche models mentioned yet? The hottest topic pre launch a year ago.
What’s going on? Have all the Porsche fans left the building already?

Not a single hope or prayer for additional Porsche models mentioned yet? The hottest topic pre launch a year ago.
What’s going on? Have all the Porsche fans left the building already?
We technically got a Porsche last month. It's called a Beetle.
Nah I'm just fooling around. In all seriousness though, I want some classic Stuttgart metal.

'70s or '80s 911 Turbo
Porsche-911-Turbo-13.jpg

1963 901
e89d1092-5bb2-4e31-8543-fc7a08be4fd9_teaser_720x406x1_5.jpg

'40s or '50s 356 Pre-A Split Window
84cbb0a95b6c007fc0bd0ca4bce7e6d2.jpg

What are the odds that we will eventually get classic track dlc pack, with all pre 70s classic track like Silverstone, Spa, Nurburgring, Fuji etc. :)

Laguna was mentioned, I really loved that track in the older gt games, I have a weak spot for tracks that feature high speed curves where you have to keep the throttle balanced with the grip and not just flat out curves or break heavy turn in slow stuff. Laguna had a few of those corners combined with elevations and that crazy screw combination that elevated zarnadi to another place among my favorite drivers.

But in the newer gt games the corner leading uphill changed and got slower and the track lost a bit of its charm. But I would really like to try it again even more so than spa.. There I said it.. Come to think of it I am not even sure what other tracks I would really want to see.

Maybe some of the old classic tracks that aren't used more and some rare gems in the brands Hatch class would be a good choice over what's left of the usual suspects.

Back