Fuji Speedway is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport — And We'll See It This Weekend

Speculation time!

I reckon we'll see two layouts drop with the addition of the Fuji Circuit. Naturally the GT layout but also the F as well, based on its inclusion in the previous two games. For those hoping for the 80s layout I wouldn't hold your breath as neither GT5 nor GT6 featured this layout. Shame really as I much preferred the flow of this variant. Why have so many classic circuits been butchered in the way of "progress" (*cough* Tiilke *cough*)?

I do wonder though, are Polyphony completely remodelling these new tracks or are they merely "remastering" old ones the same way we've seen with the cars themselves?

Speaking of cars, I imagine they'll be a strong Japanese theme to this months DLC. In addition there's always at least one Italian and one American car thats comes with new DLC as well. If I had to hazard a guess:

- New Toyota Supra: We have the GR Racing Concept already. Question is though, has the road car even been officially announced yet? We must be close. Considering this new generation shares the same platform with the recently revealed BMW Z4 it seems like the perfect time for Toyota to unmask their new sports car.
- Toyota Castrol TOMS Supra: Probably because it's such an iconic car for the series. I doubt it would make Gr.2 but maybe Gr.3 perhaps, though more than likely it will probably be just be another Gr.X runt. Makes for a nice pairing with the above Supra as well, especially given Polyphony's tendency to release DLC in mini themes. Every months DLC usually features a competition vehicle, so this Supra should satisfy that requirement.
- Remastered GT4 vehicle: So many to choose from. I'll take a wild guess so maybe the AE86 for all those Initial D fans out there?
- Acura NSX '91: THAT infamous screenshot for one (was it real? was it fake? who knows!). Of the few remain PS3 generation premium Japanese road cars left to be remastered. Also given the series connection to Senna it feels right to have this vehicle in the game (given his contribution towards its development).
- Lexus LFA: Despite the controversy with other games featuring Toyotas, Gran Turismo seems like the showcase racing sim for the manufacturers various brands. The LFA is such a milestone in Japanese automotive culture, much like the original NSX. If not this month then surely by the end of the year. Also because ex premium. That engine note however! Sweet God!
- Suzuki Cappuccino OR Mazda Autozam AZ1 OR both: Currently we're sitting at 3 Kei cars in Gran Turismo Sport. Whether we see the addition of both remains to be seen, but we'll definitely see one or the other quite soon. Expect additional Kei Cup races to be added as well. Racing these at the smaller Willow Springs tracks would be great!
- Mercedes 300 SL: Kaz I believe raced one in this years Mille Miglia. Last gen premium and probably the most iconic of the Mercs not currently featured in the game. More likely to be featured than say the SL55 AMG or the C63 AMG, both of which are a little dated now.
- Pagani Huayra OR a classic Ferrari: Excluding March, ever major DLC pack has featured at least one Italian vehicle. No major reason for choosing the Huayra other than the fact it's a premium. More likely than the Cizetta Moroder (too niche) or another Lamborghini (given that the Gallardo and the Murchielago are little dated when compared with the Aventador and Huracan). If not the Huayra, then in terms of classic Ferrari's either the Dino, 288 GTO or the Daytona. Knowing Polyphony though and their habit of doing truly baffling things then for all I know it might even be the new(ish) Fiat 500. But yes definitely something Italian, maybe even 2 cars?
- Alfa Romeo TZ2: Excluding February, every major DLC pack has also featured a 2,000,000 plus unicorn. We're almost done with remastering pass content, but the Alfa still remains. Could also be the token Italian car for the month as well.
- Something American: Much harder to predict this one. Again besides May, each month has always featured an American vehicle. Total speculation here but I'd go with either a:
- Chevrolet Corvette C5 or C6
- Plymouth AAR Cuda Six Barrel
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- A wildcard. Sticking with the American theme and going off last months debut of a rare concept car, we could possibly see the return of either the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept or the Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster. Both vehicles would satisfy the usual trend of one American vehicle.

Oh and if there's new events to be added, then maybe we'll finally see a 90s JDM cup? 3 events, taking place at either Tsukuba, Suzuka, Tokyo and probably the new Fuji circuit.

Lets see what Kaz's silhouette tweet has to say this month. Hopefully he drops it BEFORE the DLC gets announced ha!

Last edited:
You might see some new cars on Saturday as well ;)

It's her time to shine

maxresdefault.jpg

- New Toyota Supra: We have the GR Racing Concept already. Question is though, has the road car even been officially announced yet? We must be close. Considering this new generation shares the same platform with the recently revealed BMW Z4 it seems like the perfect time for Toyota to unmask their new sports car.

IIRC, the new Supra isn't going to be officially unveiled until early 2019. We could still get a camouflaged version of the car like the Corvette C7 Test Prototype in GT5, but I'm not sure.

While I'm not down with the idea of devs releasing half finished games, I've got to hand to PD in that they keep on improving the game and adding free content.

A big problem that I see, however, is that the vast majority of the reviews of GTS that you see are judging the initial version, and not what the game has become over the course of a year. This I fear may well still put off people buying the game despite the vast improvements and the low prices that it's been available for. Although I'll be the first to admit this isn't a problem that's unique to GTS in this day and age.

This is not exclusive to GT,it's a problem in modern gaming with no solution in sight,there are lots of games that change drastically over the course of years(GTA Online Warframe),No Man's Sky in 2018 is a different experience from the initial version.

While I'm not down with the idea of devs releasing half finished games, I've got to hand to PD in that they keep on improving the game and adding free content.

A big problem that I see, however, is that the vast majority of the reviews of GTS that you see are judging the initial version, and not what the game has become over the course of a year. This I fear may well still put off people buying the game despite the vast improvements and the low prices that it's been available for. Although I'll be the first to admit this isn't a problem that's unique to GTS in this day and age.

Too bad these new additions are just recycled content. Both the cars and the racetracks, even though they´re fine, are old novelties. When one compares the car list with others from the genre, it is frustrating. The Ford GT is fine; however, there is a new generation which is not and never will be in this game. Furthermore, the P1 and the modern F1 do not have some key features, such as Kers. Too bad the GT Series is so poor. I have the game; however, I don´t feel motivated to play it. I´m sure some people will criticize me for what I´ve just written, but it doesn´t matter. It won´t change what I think.

As much as I was expecting Spa, I'm good with Fuji (& was also expecting that course to show up eventually.)

Any guesses what new cars might be released also?

I'm of the impression at least one Toyota will show up (Because of who owns the track). Not expecting anything, but not against the unexpected surprised of seeing a GT300 car somewhere.

Not a bad track to race on, but track limits could be a big issue.

Considering its being used in the Finals first, I would say those tracks limits are getting some through testing before we get it so I don't see an issue there as was the case with the Red Bull Ring (with people just exploiting the hell out of Turn 1).

We will see the SEGA billboard?

Considering it was there and 5 and 6, why would it be a concern now?

Looks like the "fictional track one month, real track the next" chain is broken... on a track that I'm stoked for, no less.

Now we just wait for Kaz to post on Twitter... (although I have a feeling he might do the same thing he did last month and post it after the trailer drops again :lol:)

I am more than happy to see Fuji Speedway return to GT. It is an enjoyable circuit but Spa, Silverstone and Motegi would be my preferred additions.

With Toyota owning Fuji Speedway perhaps we could finally see the rumoured TS020 GT-one being bundled with it. We really are due an LMP2 car at this stage too.

What do you mean, "Rumoured TS020"?
Do you think it could possibly come back to the game!?

Considering its being used in the Finals first, I would say those tracks limits are getting some through testing before we get it so I don't see an issue there as was the case with the Red Bull Ring (with people just exploiting the hell out of Turn 1).
Didn't the last event at Nürburgring have race stewards? I'm not convinced the track limits will be ok when they haven't been anywhere else. Also RBR and La Sarthe are being used, both notorious for track limits. I think it's more likely this event will have live stewarding to solve the issues.

Didn't the last event at Nürburgring have race stewards? I'm not convinced the track limits will be ok when they haven't been anywhere else. Also RBR and La Sarthe are being used, both notorious for track limits. I think it's more likely this event will have live stewarding to solve the issues.
It did have stewarding, races were not regimented by the normal penalty system.

I took a long break from online racing between GT5 Prologue and GT Sport, so racing at Fuji Speedway will be just like old times for me. Only this time the Megane will be the META car, instead of the Clio V6.

Back