MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
It will not allow anyone to adjust the brake bias on an oval so you are not doing anything wrong.

Here is what I'm getting
25-26 laps on fuel map 1
Tires RS or RM doesn't seem to matter
My fastest time is in the mid 43 second range but my average lap after lap times are in the 44 second range.
I still can still run 44 second laps on RM with Fuel Map 2
There really seems to be no advantage to tire or fuel saving at this track so I will be on RS and FM1 all race.
I made the tire settings so RS have a lot grip fall off. They can just still barely make it a fuel stop but, they will be slower than RM at the end your stint.

I should also note average speed around here is about 166 mph. So extra pit stops will be very costly.

I made the tire settings so RS have a lot grip fall off. They can just still barely make it a fuel stop but, they will be slower than RM at the end your stint.

I should also note average speed around here is about 166 mph. So extra pit stops will be very costly.

It doesn't seem to hurt my car running a full stint on RS because only the right side wears out. I was able to keep pase throughout my fuel run.
I will be ready for running extra laps if that's what the leader does.

For any interested I usually open up a practice room when I get home from work around 4pm CST and run for an hour or so. I do set it to private so if you want to join just send me a FR. and come turn some laps.

My PSN again is Tall_Paul_73.

Paul

WILL DO!
I need to practice running Ovals with other cars around. I can do it perfectly by myself :lol:

WILL DO!
I need to practice running Ovals with other cars around. I can do it perfectly by myself :lol:

Yeah me too. Its going to be different with 16 cars on the track and someone always in your slipstream. I doubt most of us will get the luxury of running by ourselves.

332 miles... Not sure if I'm any better but had some good laps. And I'm undecided as to which BMW to use. They all seem to have + and - to them.

You shouldnt pick your car because of the next race , very special track ragarding BOP ;)

I picked BMW from the start. It was my understanding that you could use any car from that label at any time. So for this race that's where the indescion is. Now if I'm wrong and will be locked in then the choice is simple the 16 M6

I picked BMW from the start. It was my understanding that you could use any car from that label at any time. So for this race that's where the indescion is. Now if I'm wrong and will be locked in then the choice is simple the 16 M6

You are not wrong.. you can use any Gr.3 BMW.

I had one of those kind of days at work and will be late in opening. Should be. 4:45 to 5:00 pm CST when I open.
Sorry i missed you. will keep trying when time permits.

Yeah me too. Its going to be different with 16 cars on the track and someone always in your slipstream. I doubt most of us will get the luxury of running by ourselves.
coming out of the pits is going to be tense. For those with Oval experience, what are the guidelines here/rules as it spits you out going into the only turn that could cause chaos, turn 1!

coming out of the pits is going to be tense. For those with Oval experience, what are the guidelines here/rules as it spits you out going into the only turn that could cause chaos, turn 1!

I would ask the oval racers to chime in on this question. This will be my first time racing Gr.3 on a oval track since the games release. I have almost no experience on ovals in the game so I can't make that call. @Infineon and @Cold Warrior would be way more qualified to make that call.

I would ask the oval racers to chime in on this question. This will be my first time racing Gr.3 on a oval track since the games release. I have almost no experience on ovals in the game so I can't make that call. @Infineon and @Cold Warrior would be way more qualified to make that call.

You should just stay the inside of the track, cars on track should be able to go on the outside. If the cars on the track are side by side approaching a car coming out the pits, that’s their problem to figure out.

But if there’s any traffic around cars coming out the pits should stay on the inside until they get out of turn 1

Well then I highly suggest you to not pull right into traffic starters. Cars will be entering turn 1 at around 190 mph.

Watch your map or radar when you exit pits. If there are other car stay on the inside half the track until you exit turn 1. Turn 1 will equalize your speed enough to safely reenter into traffic at corner exit.

In the case your are absolutely sure the track is clear. Only then may you go right to the main line before turn 1.

Don't be afraid to practice your pit stops. This is something I noticed many players don't think to do. You can learn more than you would think by doing so.

Got to say that I thought the advanced controller settings, (aside from sensitivity) force feedback torque and the other force feed bad setting was for wheel controller since there is no force feedback on the hand controller. Well I was set straight by MrRacingLine. First lap was .020 faster than my best lap to that point, and next lap was .140 faster, at 43.517. And that was without being comfortable yet with the changes. Had been running for close to a hour and a half by that point. I think more gains are to come with adjustment to the new settings. I still don't understand how the force feedback could affect anything, so its possible it was just the sensitivity change that helped.

Thanks again MrRacingLine.

Paul.

Last edited:
Well then I highly suggest you to not pull right into traffic starters. Cars will be entering turn 1 at around 190 mph.

This should always be a given at any track.
I think the question is more along the lines towards the cars on the track when someone is coming out of the pits. That's how I took it.
But good advice nonetheless.

Got to say that I thought the advanced controller settings, (aside from sensitivity) force feedback torque and the other force feed bad setting was for wheel controller since there is no force feedback on the hand controller. Well I was set straight by MrRacingLine. First lap was .020 faster than my best lap to that point, and next lap was .140 faster, at 43.517. And that was without being comfortable yet with the changes. Had been running for close to a hour and a half by that point. I think more gains are to come with adjustment to the new settings. I still don't understand how the force feedback could affect anything, so its possible it was just the sensitivity change that helped.

Paul.

I played on a controller for my entire GT life up until a year ago and I never knew that either.. nice work.

I'm considering running a 35 lap race tonight at some time around 6:30 CST. I figure it would be good practice to run a fuel stint in race conditions. I picked 35 laps as an amount since I don't think one tank will make it the distance.

If there is enough interest I would prefer keeping it private and in the group of drivers we can expect to run with from this group.

Everyone welcome even if this isn't your league to race in. As we may race together in a different event.

Again just add me if you'd like to turn some race condition laps.

Thank you,
Paul.

I have to work day shift Today, Tomorrow and Sunday from 3:30am to 3:20pm and then we have Monday off. So I can't do any racing until Monday.

I have to work day shift Today, Tomorrow and Sunday from 3:30am to 3:20pm and then we have Monday off. So I can't do any racing until Monday.

I get up at 3:30 so I know that to be at work at that time means much earlier wake up. I'd guess that be 6:30pm you'll be staring at your eyelids.

Paul

I get up at 3:30 so I know that to be at work at that time means much earlier wake up. I'd guess that be 6:30pm you'll be staring at your eyelids.

Paul

I have two small children at home. My daughter is 2 years old and my son is 1 year old so sleep is a luxury I don't get much of anymore :lol:

Paul.
Wait your saying the advanced controller settings does effect a regular game controller too? I thought that was just for wheel driver. I may need to look in to that then.

hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it, most people using a steering wheel don't think it has anything to say to them, so it seems a little weird that people using a controller look just the opposite, but all in all it could well indicate that there will be even more resistance in the next race 💡

This should always be a given at any track.
I think the question is more along the lines towards the cars on the track when someone is coming out of the pits. That's how I took it.
But good advice nonetheless
Yes you would think this would be common sense but, I have seen it proven over and over again that is not always the case.

hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it, most people using a steering wheel don't think it has anything to say to them, so it seems a little weird that people using a controller look just the opposite, but all in all it could well indicate that there will be even more resistance in the next race 💡
I'm a controller driver.

Maybe I should have kept the help given to me to me. I did feel like it was just coming knowledge that I just hadn't learned yet.

Paul

Back