MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Gr.3 Oval BOP boosts all cars 791 hp and weights them to 2,866 lbs some the class is fairly balanced expect for handling issues. So you're Subaru shouldn't be a problem here. Good luck in June at Sarthe though. Rinsky got the car to beat their.

I never notisced that the few times I tryid the oval in a daily race :)

I may have missed the answer I'm dealing and if so my apologizes.

Regarding the stand bye list, do the stand bye driver/s that get to run get moved to the back of the line and cycle through? Or is it always the same order?

Thanks
Paul.

I agree that it will confuse everyone, but Blue Moon is the most important track in the game for the slipstream so cautions are more necessary than at BB, where you can still catch up to someone else once you lose the draft, you won’t be driving around all alone for the rest of the race.

The Subaru has been one of the best cars at Blue Moon every time I’ve used it there with BOP on, since it has one of the highest amounts of front downforce. The Mitsubishi was slightly better though.
I know how Blue Moon Oval races. I have run plenty races there. You really think the entire field will stay together for entire 1.5h race if we throw in some cautions. People are going to separated that's how racing works.

Plus if have we cautions for one race we are going to get people asking. Why can't we have cautions other race too.

I'm sure how to incorporate cautions in game at the longer tracks like Sarthe or Nurburgring. They have to run 3 safety cars from different points on the track at Le Mans in real life. Because to track is too long for just one.

Also slipstreaming at Blue Moon is needed for passing and fuel savings but, you are slower in traffic than are a single car at least the Gr.3 cars. The dirty air from the other cars around won't allow you to exit turns 1 & 3 like you need too. As a result you lose too much time the turns than you can make from slipstreaming with those around you.

Last edited:
I may have missed the answer I'm dealing and if so my apologizes.

Regarding the stand bye list, do the stand bye driver/s that get to run get moved to the back of the line and cycle through? Or is it always the same order?

Thanks
Paul.

I have done this in the past so every reserve gets the opportunity to run when temporary spots come open. It's quite common for a few people to miss every month so that rotation should move often.
But when of if a permanent spots comes available then I will fill those spots in the order the reserves signed up.

I was just going to post that in the race last night I was locking the front tires with ABS on which has never happened before, ever, and apparently there’s an ABS glitch that was added with the last update. The first I’ve heard of it, hopefully that gets fixed soon.
I'm a little late but thank God I wasn't trippin when I saw that after all the problems I had with the g29 I'm paranoid hahaha

I have done this in the past so every reserve gets the opportunity to run when temporary spots come open. It's quite common for a few people to miss every month so that rotation should move often.
But when of if a permanent spots comes available then I will fill those spots in the order the reserves signed up.
I suggested capping the sign ups at 21 players.

Hi

I would like to join your league as a reserve until a space for Merc pops up.
Is that possible?

Because everyone is now locked into their Manufacturer's Mercedes will not become available again as all 3 are taken. If you want to choose another Manufacturer I will add you in as our last reserve.

It appears the new update has done away with all contact penalties in Sport Mode & lobbies as well. We really don't have a problem with everyone hitting eachother but if it's not taken care of before our next race then we will need to find a solution.

However we do run full damage so hopefully that will still make it fair.

Because everyone is now locked into their Manufacturer's Mercedes will not become available again as all 3 are taken. If you want to choose another Manufacturer I will add you in as our last reserve.

I guess I have to spend some hard earned cash & get Lexus in my garage.

PSN ID: JRF-HygradeB
GTP ID: HygradeB
Car Number:66
Team: Jamaica Racing Federation
Car Model: Lexus

It appears the new update has done away with all contact penalties in Sport Mode & lobbies as well. We really don't have a problem with everyone hitting eachother but if it's not taken care of before our next race then we will need to find a solution.

However we do run full damage so hopefully that will still make it fair.

I hope so I don't want to race in the daily until it fixed.
Good to hear you run full damage & penalties, it good to help people drive better .

Last edited:
I want to take this opportunity to go over a few details about our Series with everyone A few of these details are not posted on the main page as of yet.

Let's start with the Reserves list.
I'm only excepting 5 people for the reserve list and that number has now been met.
Reserves will be on a race rotation to allow everyone a chance to race at some point.
Any reserve who gets the opportunity to race will fall to the back on that rotation list allowing the next person in line the opportunity to race when the next available temporary spot becomes available.
However if a permanent spot should ever become available I will fill that spot with the reserve racer in the order they signed up. So the next permanent position would be filled by @Standard_FV regardless of who is next on the temporary rotation list.

Championship Points
You receive the same amount of points as your finishing position for the race. Because your goal is to try and receive the lowest points total for the year there must be points handed out for certain situations other than your finishing position. Here are those points and the rules behind them. Please remember that everyone is eligible for two drop scores for the year so you will only be scored for 10 out of our 12 races automatically.

Did Not Finish (DNF)
Anyone who does not finish the entire race will receive 16 DNF points for that race. DNF points are eligible to be added as one or both of your two Drop Score points.

Did Not Race (DNR)
Because the goal is to receive the lowest amount of points anyone who does not get to race must receive points for that. DNR will effect people on our reserve list and anyone who gives notice that they will not be able to make a race. You will receive 18 points for a DNR mark and they are eligible to be added as one or both of your two Drop Score points.

Did Not Show (DNS)
For those who do not give any notice that they will not be attending the next race so we can fill their spot with a reserve and just simply not show up will be marked with a DNS.
20 points will be added for all DNS and these points will not be eligible for either one of your drop scores

I will add you to our list and welcome to the Series.
Thanks

Another stupid question.

I use either GR 3 lexus?

I didn't notice if it stated.

Edit:

Also.

I know the reserve drivers are on a rotation system & I won't expect to get a until june, but in the practice lobby is that only for the main racers or can reserve jump into practice if there is space?
For example someone cannot make practice but is still to make the race.

Is there a limitation on decals?

If I missed this information in the post somewhere, sorry I didn't see it.

Last edited:
Thanks

Another stupid question.

I use either GR 3 lexus?

I didn't notice if it stated

Yes you can use any car under your chosen Manufacturer at anytime. So if you have more than one Gr.3 or Gr.4 car you can pick one to race at anytime. Your not stuck to just one choice all year.

I have two Gr.3 cars under McLaren but I doubt I will anything other than the Gr.3 F1 because the other Gr.3 McLaren sucks in comparison but not all manufacturers are like that so you might benefit for switching up cars for different races.

Last edited:
Class Gr.3
1.5 hour endurance race
10 minute in game qualifying session
Track: Blue Moon Bay Oval Forward layout
Track Time: 13:00 Fine Weather
Fastest First set by host
Class BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run their Manufacturer
Race Medium / Race Softs
Fuel X1 & Tire wear X5
No assist but ABS
TC on for Gr.3 class only
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No wall penalties with Heavy Damage
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Standing Starts with False Starts Gr.3 class only

Qualifying Settings for Blue Moon Bay Oval Forward layout

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear for Gr.3 is x8
Qualifying fuel rate is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 30sec
You only have 30 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

Everyone must be in their cars and ready to go at 7:20pm because once qualifying is started you will not be able to join in the lobby anymore.

Qualifying Rules

GTS now offers in game qualifying but there are still some rules that need to be applied on top of that for our Series.

1. No Pitting -
Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires.

2. OutLap -
Fuel Burning or Tire Saving must only be done under the OutLap.
You must be up to race speed at the end of your OutLap and then for the remainder of your qualifying session. Anyone not able to keep race speeds can pull off the track and sit in their cars until qualifying is over. Do not leave your car.

3. Do not leave your car -
Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or your car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race.
Game will not let anyone join in once the qualifying session has started.

Is the fuel rate correct at 1x?
Yes, the Gr.3 cars burn a lot of fuel with Oval BOP. They can only make about 25 laps at Blue Moon Oval on x1.

Gr.3 Oval BOP boost all cars to 791 hp and are all weighted to 2866 lbs. There RPM is also changed.

I guess I should clarify my question on fuel burn rate.

With 3/4 minute lap times (race pace bit faster) there would be about 120 laps or so. That could really mean only needing fuel one time in the 90 minutes.

It seems like it should be at a slightly higher rate. Which is why I was asking if it was correct.

Paul.

Yes, the Gr.3 cars burn a lot of fuel with Oval BOP. They can only make about 25 laps at Blue Moon Oval on x1.

Gr.3 Oval BOP boost all cars to 791 hp and are all weighted to 2866 lbs. There RPM is also changed.

I've done several test runs unless I have the settings wrong I can get 58 laps on fuel with gr 3. Now my right rear was really wanting me to pit at lap 25. By lap 50 the right rear was about gone but still able to run high 40's with one low 50.

Pitted at end of lap 57. That was with fuel set to max rich. I could easily see it being stretched out to 60 with just a tick or two leaner.

I will take a picture of the settings and post that tomorrow I'm toast for this night.

Paul.

I guess I should clarify my question on fuel burn rate.

With 3/4 minute lap times (race pace bit faster) there would be about 120 laps or so. That could really mean only needing fuel one time in the 90 minutes.

It seems like it should be at a slightly higher rate. Which is why I was asking if it was correct.

Paul.
Did you not read my response. You'll only get about 25 laps on fuel. It take at least 4 fuel stops to reach 120 laps without some major fuel savings. The race will somewhere between 120 lap to 125 laps.

I've done several test runs unless I have the settings wrong I can get 58 laps on fuel with gr 3. Now my right rear was really wanting me to pit at lap 25. By lap 50 the right rear was about gone but still able to run high 40's with one low 50.

Pitted at end of lap 57. That was with fuel set to max rich. I could easily see it being stretched out to 60 with just a tick or two leaner.

I will take a picture of the settings and post that tomorrow I'm toast for this night.

Paul.
Are you using Oval BOP?

Paul.
I just double checked my settings. If you're getting that far on fuel. Then you are not running Gr.3 Balance Of Power (BOP) for Ovals.

If you are doing your testing in arcade custom races. BOP is not automatically active in arcade custom races. You can activate BOP it yourself in car settings underneath your the picture of your car. Activating for your car will not activate BOP for the AI unfortunately.

Last edited:

Paul.

Both Cold Warriors and Infineon have done extensive testing for this race because I'm not a huge fan of ovals in GTS. Both have said those Settings are spot on for this race.

You must turn on BOP for your car if you are doing testing not running under lobby Settings.
To get an accurate feel for the car and settings you should always create a private lobby with the race settings I have provided or that were just posted in a post above. Doing any testing in single player mode will never be the same as the physics change between single player & lobby

Once you have created your online lobby just make yourself appear offline through the Playstation and nobody will be able to join in and you can practice alone if you wish.

I will check for the oval option. I create a room in lobby mode don't really car if others join or not as I name the room Not Going To Race. I do mimic the race settings because as noted it's the only way to know what to expect in the races. I have assumed that since it was an oval the BOP setting would be for oval. And that is the reason for the question original question it just didn't feel right going that long on the fuel.

Again thank you for the answers.

Paul

I will check for the oval option. I create a room in lobby mode don't really car if others join or not as I name the room Not Going To Race. I do mimic the race settings because as noted it's the only way to know what to expect in the races. I have assumed that since it was an oval the BOP setting would be for oval. And that is the reason for the question original question it just didn't feel right going that long on the fuel.

Paul
We need either your PSN your so we can send you a friend request. Or you need to send a friend request these PSN ID's. I will be hosting our next. Rinsky has been have internet problems.

RlNSKY (Spelled with lowercase L)
TheColdWarriors
Infineon
micantony

Paul
Never mind I have been told you already posted your PSN ID.

The bad thing for me in that situation is that I had several hours worth practice. Figured it would be easy to adjust. I can only imagine that I still have something wrong however as I was unable to adjust brake bias. At that point I decided to just put in something for me to kill for the weekend. I am glad I asked the question.

Paul

The bad thing for me in that situation is that I had several hours worth practice. Figured it would be easy to adjust. I can only imagine that I still have something wrong however as I was unable to adjust brake bias. At that point I decided to just put in something for me to kill for the weekend. I am glad I asked the question.

Paul

It will not allow anyone to adjust the brake bias on an oval so you are not doing anything wrong.

Here is what I'm getting
25-26 laps on fuel map 1
Tires RS or RM doesn't seem to matter
My fastest time is in the mid 43 second range but my average lap after lap times are in the 44 second range.
I still can still run 44 second laps on RM with Fuel Map 2
There really seems to be no advantage to tire or fuel saving at this track so I will be on RS and FM1 all race.

Back