MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,764 views
results. we lost guido just before the race :irked:
 

Attachments

  • EA78F298-B014-48D1-8658-DF679E956750.jpeg
    EA78F298-B014-48D1-8658-DF679E956750.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 261729D9-766C-4250-8D63-AC9AF488B16F.jpeg
    261729D9-766C-4250-8D63-AC9AF488B16F.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 27
I was just going to post that in the race last night I was locking the front tires with ABS on which has never happened before, ever, and apparently there’s an ABS glitch that was added with the last update. The first I’ve heard of it, hopefully that gets fixed soon.
 
I was just going to post that in the race last night I was locking the front tires with ABS on which has never happened before, ever, and apparently there’s an ABS glitch that was added with the last update. The first I’ve heard of it, hopefully that gets fixed soon.

I have noticed that too...I don't really lock the brakes up fully but enough to slide the car around. Entering the Corkscrew was dangerous for me running a brake bias of 3 to the rear, which is why i was braking early there almost every lap. Turn 1 was a different monster
 
I have noticed that too...I don't really lock the brakes up fully but enough to slide the car around. Entering the Corkscrew was dangerous for me running a brake bias of 3 to the rear, which is why i was braking early there almost every lap. Turn 1 was a different monster

Turn 1 was where it was worst for me.

It took me about a third of the race to figure out a rhythm and brake bias setting that made driving the car sort of work, but by then I was almost a lap behind and had wasted a stint driving on mediums.

Apparently the ABS moves itself from Default to Weak, so you have to set it to off and back to Default at some point in practice in the lobby (or something, apparently)
 
Turn 1 was where it was worst for me.

It took me about a third of the race to figure out a rhythm and brake bias setting that made driving the car sort of work, but by then I was almost a lap behind and had wasted a stint driving on mediums.

Apparently the ABS moves itself from Default to Weak, so you have to set it to off and back to Default at some point in practice in the lobby (or something, apparently)
I have noticed sometimes that when you check the member list in the lobby, I have my setting at default, and it displays weak. Never gave it much thought since I figured it was resorting back to my hard setting. Will be taking note.
 
Yeah something is definitely go on because in practice everything felt just fine and I'm hosting during that as well but as soon as the race started it feels like I have no ABS and like I'm skating around on ice with reduced grip.

After getting so frustrated and leaving the race I started talking to others and I'm not the only person who is experiencing this issue.
Now anyone who is been in this Series over the past two seasons as heard me gripe about this problem before but it always seemed if I was the only person who experiences this problem... not anymore

I only experience this problem when I'm hosting and I have never experienced it just being a racer in someone else's lobby. Last night in the ARL race i did afterwards everything was completely normal.
I'm working with the the other BOD members in MSN to see if we can find some kind of solution. I think my network can't handle a full 16 people in the race and it shows itself in other ways besides lag.
 
I will also update everything later today at work when I have more time.
 
It's almost like they are trying to work in some kind of brake temp into the game. Everyone had issues with it so it clearly couldn't be a fluke to you hosting ARL we had a weird spot in the redbull Jr that was very similar as well.
 
Even in F1 where you have plenty of ti
It's almost like they are trying to work in some kind of brake temp into the game. Everyone had issues with it so it clearly couldn't be a fluke to you hosting ARL we had a weird spot in the redbull Jr that was very similar as well.

Everything was normal with me, my only trouble was self inflicted. On the other hand I run ABS around 50% of the time and default the rest, the way I set up my brakes I dont really notice much difference. I use Fanatec and a V3 load cell brake pedal.
 
Everything has been updated and is on the main 1st page post.

Congratulations to
Herimopp89
SRT DK Racing
T5Black
On you podium finishes

I will try to make a better points layout in the days to come. It's so cheesy compared to ARL's layout.

Last night went off reasonably well for the first race but it wasn't without issues. We lost @GTP_Guido due to problems and we also had to reboot the lobby. Just a reminder if your in the lobby and everything is running smoothly please don't leave as this is when the problems started. Luckily the lobby stayed stable until the race was over and no reports of any serious lag issues.

We are switching host for the next race to try and solve these problems. @Cold Warrior will be your race host for the February 1st race at Blue Moon Bay. He has a super fast connection and lives closer to Europe than I do so hopefully this takes care of any issues we have from our players across the pond. If @Cold Warrior is not on your friends list please make it a point to get that done if you do not receive one from him first.
@micantony and @Infineon are also our backup host and should be added as well

Qualifying for next months race will be an open 10 minutes for everyone as Blue Moon Bay is a large enough track with plenty of room to handle all 16 players at once.
I would like to thank everyone who raced yesterday and I look forward to racing everyone again next month.
 
Everything has been updated and is on the main 1st page post.

Congratulations to
Herimopp89
SRT DK Racing
T5Black
On you podium finishes

I will try to make a better points layout in the days to come. It's so cheesy compared to ARL's layout.

Last night went off reasonably well for the first race but it wasn't without issues. We lost @GTP_Guido due to problems and we also had to reboot the lobby. Just a reminder if your in the lobby and everything is running smoothly please don't leave as this is when the problems started. Luckily the lobby stayed stable until the race was over and no reports of any serious lag issues.

We are switching host for the next race to try and solve these problems. @Cold Warrior will be your race host for the February 1st race at Blue Moon Bay. He has a super fast connection and lives closer to Europe than I do so hopefully this takes care of any issues we have from our players across the pond. If @Cold Warrior is not on your friends list please make it a point to get that done if you do not receive one from him first.
@micantony and @Infineon are also our backup host and should be added as well

Qualifying for next months race will be an open 10 minutes for everyone as Blue Moon Bay is a large enough track with plenty of room to handle all 16 players at once.
I would like to thank everyone who raced yesterday and I look forward to racing everyone again next month.

Edit: If this lobby bug a lot of other people were experiencing Saturday night has something to do with using the in game qualifying system then we will go back to the host setting the grid order. I will keep in touch with other leagues to find out how they solve this problem so we can implement that change as well.
 
Mr. Rlnsky, we are running the Blue Moon full road course, correct? I need to start running laps to find a little speed there. I can promise you I ran well over 1000 laps at Laguna Seca since it was released in preparation for Saturdays race and it still didnt prevent me from stepping in the cow pile once the race started. That's kinda the reason I was so torn between the 86 and the Trophy, the 86 was within .400 of the Trophy and more forgiving but the Toyota GR3 cars seemed slower the GR3 Renault.
 
Mr. Rlnsky, we are running the Blue Moon full road course, correct? I need to start running laps to find a little speed there. I can promise you I ran well over 1000 laps at Laguna Seca since it was released in preparation for Saturdays race and it still didnt prevent me from stepping in the cow pile once the race started. That's kinda the reason I was so torn between the 86 and the Trophy, the 86 was within .400 of the Trophy and more forgiving but the Toyota GR3 cars seemed slower the GR3 Renault.


OVAL :bowdown::cheers::D:gtpflag:
 
Small detail. Race info for Feb 1 gives the track info for Blue Moon Bay, then the qualifying details list track as Luguna Saca. I'm sure it's just an over sight. But thought I'd mention it.

Paul.
 
Mr. Rlnsky, we are running the Blue Moon full road course, correct? I need to start running laps to find a little speed there. I can promise you I ran well over 1000 laps at Laguna Seca since it was released in preparation for Saturdays race and it still didnt prevent me from stepping in the cow pile once the race started. That's kinda the reason I was so torn between the 86 and the Trophy, the 86 was within .400 of the Trophy and more forgiving but the Toyota GR3 cars seemed slower the GR3 Renault.

Yes Blue Moon Bay Oval Forward Layout
Track time has not been selected yet.

Small detail. Race info for Feb 1 gives the track info for Blue Moon Bay, then the qualifying details list track as Luguna Saca. I'm sure it's just an over sight. But thought I'd mention it.

Paul.

It was an Oversight Paul and thank for bringing it to my attention.

I have everything copied to a note pad on my phone for quick easy change outs between Gr.4 & Gr.3 class. So just forgot to change that part.
My first time running both classes so I'm still getting adjusted to the new changes.
 
I just downloaded an app that will make the points table look better. However I'm still learning everything it does and it doesn't make it easy taking a PDF and turning it into a Jpeg. Once I play around with it some more I will change some things. But for now here is what I got accomplished in the short amount of time I worked with it.

Screenshot_20200107-015604_Gallery.jpg
 
So I suggested cautions for this race to Rinsky yesterday and he didn’t shoot down the idea. They make sense for oval racing since it can get pretty lonely if you make a mistake and lose the draft. We could do the same thing they do in IRS, if 2 or more cars are involved in an incident they can type “C” to bring out a caution. It’s the responsibility of the involved cars to type it, otherwise there isn’t a caution.

I was thinking it could be an automated process. The lead cars turn on their 4 way flashers and slow down to 60mph or whatever caution speed is. If they’re past turn 2 they go past the finish line and wait for the field to bunch up and then pit the next lap. If they’re in the first half of the lap there will be enough time for the field to bunch up behind them so they can pit the first time they get to it. Everyone else can drive as fast as is safe to get to the leader, and then slow down. Then the next time the field reaches the finish line after pitting the race will restart.

It’ll be too much work to organize lead lap and lapped cars so if they stay out and all of the lead lap cars in front of them pit they can drive around at full speed and try to catch up to the field, and if they pit they stay a lap down but it’s their call whether they keep their place in line or drop to the back.

Keeping with the spirit of the “endurance” race the final 30 minutes no cautions will occur, to make it a straight race to the end. They just happen in the first 2/3rds to stop it being too lonely for anyone.

Basically it’s always easier to organize these things using voice chat but if that’s not something that can be done it could work as long as everyone knows what’s going on.
 
So I suggested cautions for this race to Rinsky yesterday and he didn’t shoot down the idea. They make sense for oval racing since it can get pretty lonely if you make a mistake and lose the draft. We could do the same thing they do in IRS, if 2 or more cars are involved in an incident they can type “C” to bring out a caution. It’s the responsibility of the involved cars to type it, otherwise there isn’t a caution.

I was thinking it could be an automated process. The lead cars turn on their 4 way flashers and slow down to 60mph or whatever caution speed is. If they’re past turn 2 they go past the finish line and wait for the field to bunch up and then pit the next lap. If they’re in the first half of the lap there will be enough time for the field to bunch up behind them so they can pit the first time they get to it. Everyone else can drive as fast as is safe to get to the leader, and then slow down. Then the next time the field reaches the finish line after pitting the race will restart.

It’ll be too much work to organize lead lap and lapped cars so if they stay out and all of the lead lap cars in front of them pit they can drive around at full speed and try to catch up to the field, and if they pit they stay a lap down but it’s their call whether they keep their place in line or drop to the back.

Keeping with the spirit of the “endurance” race the final 30 minutes no cautions will occur, to make it a straight race to the end. They just happen in the first 2/3rds to stop it being too lonely for anyone.

Basically it’s always easier to organize these things using voice chat but if that’s not something that can be done it could work as long as everyone knows what’s going on.

thats not a good idea in my opinion , why should other people be punished because off an incident they had nothing to do with ? And it could encourage people to take a chance they wouldn't otherwise take , just my opinion offcourse :)
 
Last edited:
thats not a good idea in my opinion , why should other people be punished because off an incident they had nothing to do with ? And it could encourage people to take a chance they wouldn't otherwise take , just my opinion offcourse :)

Both of those things are what oval racing is all about (AKA luck)
 
@WhiteFlight1
could you have done another lap? :mischievous:

7134265870178615320_0.jpg


this is our finish as the timer expired. he slowed just enough to not have to do another lap, and i didnt quite beat the timer.

Haha, there was no way, had like half a tank at that point. Perhaps a bit douchy move, I almost felt bad about it :lol:

Anyway, it was a fun race however I was totally out of practice, pace was scary slow with tons of mistakes :lol:
 
thats not a good idea in my opinion , why should other people be punished because off an incident they had nothing to do with ? And it could encourage people to take a chance they wouldn't otherwise take , just my opinion offcourse :)

Personally I agree with this incidents happen and in the spirit of oval racing you hit the wall odds are your done anyway so the caution from that aspect makes no sense. If cautions were implemented from the first race then maybe but not to just throw it in now.
 
So I suggested cautions for this race to Rinsky yesterday and he didn’t shoot down the idea. They make sense for oval racing since it can get pretty lonely if you make a mistake and lose the draft. We could do the same thing they do in IRS, if 2 or more cars are involved in an incident they can type “C” to bring out a caution. It’s the responsibility of the involved cars to type it, otherwise there isn’t a caution.

I was thinking it could be an automated process. The lead cars turn on their 4 way flashers and slow down to 60mph or whatever caution speed is. If they’re past turn 2 they go past the finish line and wait for the field to bunch up and then pit the next lap. If they’re in the first half of the lap there will be enough time for the field to bunch up behind them so they can pit the first time they get to it. Everyone else can drive as fast as is safe to get to the leader, and then slow down. Then the next time the field reaches the finish line after pitting the race will restart.

It’ll be too much work to organize lead lap and lapped cars so if they stay out and all of the lead lap cars in front of them pit they can drive around at full speed and try to catch up to the field, and if they pit they stay a lap down but it’s their call whether they keep their place in line or drop to the back.

Keeping with the spirit of the “endurance” race the final 30 minutes no cautions will occur, to make it a straight race to the end. They just happen in the first 2/3rds to stop it being too lonely for anyone.

Basically it’s always easier to organize these things using voice chat but if that’s not something that can be done it could work as long as everyone knows what’s going on.
We don't do cautions last year for BB Raceway. Which is a much more difficult oval to drive.

Plus I think we'll just confuse everyone.
 
No matter what will be desided regarding cautions , the Subaru is pretty much in BIG BIG problems in that race as it lack`s topspeed badly :nervous:
Gr.3 Oval BOP boosts all cars 791 hp and weights them to 2,866 lbs some the class is fairly balanced expect for handling issues. So you're Subaru shouldn't be a problem here. Good luck in June at Sarthe though. Rinsky got the car to beat their.
 
We don't do cautions last year for BB Raceway. Which is a much more difficult oval to drive.

Plus I think we'll just confuse everyone.

I agree that it will confuse everyone, but Blue Moon is the most important track in the game for the slipstream so cautions are more necessary than at BB, where you can still catch up to someone else once you lose the draft, you won’t be driving around all alone for the rest of the race.

The Subaru has been one of the best cars at Blue Moon every time I’ve used it there with BOP on, since it has one of the highest amounts of front downforce. The Mitsubishi was slightly better though.
 
Haha, there was no way, had like half a tank at that point. Perhaps a bit douchy move, I almost felt bad about it :lol:

Anyway, it was a fun race however I was totally out of practice, pace was scary slow with tons of mistakes :lol:

No Way man. That made the last lap exciting for me! HAHAHA.
You were way faster than I was, but you kept punting yourself backwards :lol:
 
Back