Funny/Strange News Stories

....This story might be disturbing for some members. Some discretion is advised.

A shopkeeper in India catches and ties up a rat before beating it for stealing/damaging his wares. The article includes a video of the said act.

How frustrated the shopkeeper must have been, to actually hunt down & then beat up a rat for eating his stuff?! I mean, most normal people would just get a trap or call a pro to kill the varmint. But this guy.... he went an extra mile.

....This story might be disturbing for some members. Some discretion is advised.

A shopkeeper in India catches and ties up a rat before beating it for stealing/damaging his wares. The article includes a video of the said act.

How frustrated the shopkeeper must have been, to actually hunt down & then beat up a rat for eating his stuff?! I mean, most normal people would just get a trap or call a pro to kill the varmint. But this guy.... he went an extra mile.
I beat a rat to death in my house with a pipe wrench. Took me 4 months to get him trying with traps and poison all failing. They are annoying, nasty, bacteria filled creatures.

Rats make great pets. They are really smart. You can let them run around (supervised). They like to wrestle and play with your hand. They really do show affection.

The biggest problem I have with having rats as pets, is that the don't live long enough. You can really get attached to a rat, but they only live two to three years. Always a sad ending.

Rats make great pets. They are really smart. You can let them run around (supervised). They like to wrestle and play with your hand. They really do show affection.

The biggest problem I have with having rats as pets, is that the don't live long enough. You can really get attached to a rat, but they only live two to three years. Always a sad ending.
This song was running through my mind as I read your post.

I beat a rat to death in my house with a pipe wrench. Took me 4 months to get him trying with traps and poison all failing. They are annoying, nasty, bacteria filled creatures.

...I also had a rat problem a couple of years ago. Been dumping its crap all over the place and stuff. But I just got myself a trap, caught it, and hit it in the head with a torque wrench to kill it. Job done. Why go all Liam Neeson a la Taken on a thing that was just acting on its instincts? Surely, you (figurative you, not you as in "you") had far more pressing matters to attend to...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-41810436

Calls have been made to ban the Coca-Cola truck from Liverpool this Christmas amid concerns about obesity levels in the city...

...Two things immediately popped into my mind after reading this article.

One - an obesity pandemic, eh? Is that why Liverpool sucks so bad in football?! chuckles

And two - there was a story several months - maybe a year, even - ago about a certain Nigerian gent living in London trying and failing to import fizzy drinks from his homeland into the UK isles. The reason given at the time was that the Nigerian-produced drinks were deemed to be "health hazard" utterly unfit for human consumption. Makes me wonder just how toxic Nigerian Sprite must have been....

Find out which journalism school her and her editor went to and don't send your kids there!:lol:
DNU7iSlVQAAiy8o.jpg

Dunno how relevant this is but Nigeria were trying to ban Coke made drinks for being toxic when mixed with Vitamin C. Putting two an two together I wonder whether Nigeria has laxer regulations regarding soft drink manufacture.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...mpany-vitamin-c-health-warnings-a7655766.html

...That article references the incident I've mentioned in my post, actually. I remember the Coca-Cola PR guy saying something about following "Codex Alimentaris", which supposedly sets the standard for all food production around the world. But the ingredients used for African Coke is toxic for the UK population - so, uh... maybe WHO should have another look-see at the Codex, methinks, instead of busy installing dictators as "goodwill ambassadors" and stuff.

I remember the Coca-Cola PR guy saying something about following "Codex Alimentaris", which supposedly sets the standard for all food production around the world.
Just so long as their soda isn't produced from "Canalis Alimentaris" I don't really have a problem :lol:

Hey, maybe we should give this person the Nobel Peace Prize on the off-chance Trump was going to tweet that he'll nuke North Korea/Iran during those 11 minutes. :lol:

There's nothing funny about this crash but it's certainly an unusual one. Driver and a passenger were seriously injured when they crashed in an '02 Benz. That's 1902.

There's nothing funny about this crash but it's certainly an unusual one. Driver and a passenger were seriously injured when they crashed in an '02 Benz. That's 1902.

From the article
A silver Ford C-Max, a Mercedes-Benz GLE and a Fiat Fourini were involved in the crash.

...???? Huh. Never knew Fiat made such a car.

Me neither. A google just reveals the original story (plus about 500 scraped versions on fringe sites). Either the Fourini is something very old and rare (possible in the circumstances) or the original reporter messed up and wrote it into the fabric of the internets forever.

EDIT: One Fiat running in today's run, here it is in the entry list and here's its entry at the museum page. You can get four-in-i(t)... maybe the one?

It didn't.

You simply can't trust the BBC to get car names right. Even when they're the world's most famous car (like the "Mazda X5 sports car" from a previous story). And it may not be the BBC's error originally, but it never, ever fact-checks these things. Although it will, like the Daily Mail, add in the car's top speed, as if it's relevant to any incident.

The vehicle in question is a FIAT Fiorino van.

While funny, it doesn't really let them off the hook. Slang terms or not, he invoked counsel and the po-po ignored him. If he was a total rapist scumbag, then all the more reason for getting him a lawyer (dog) so they could more easily make the charges stick.
The suspect needs to take it to a higher court or something. It's preposterous, in the real world, to claim that he was ambiguous.

Back