Funny/Strange News Stories

BBC: "Russian cows get VR headsets to reduce anxiety".

Maybe I should get one for myself, too. I mean, even cows get one nowadays, so....

Interesting juxtaposition of images...

XAF0XZK.png

:lol: That’s an absolute classic.

On a vaguely related note, Sturgeon unveiled the SNP’s manifesto this afternoon just a few hundred yards from my flat. If not for the fact that I had to go back to work, I might have been tempted to pop down there and heckle.

And as I returned home this afternoon evening, I was stopped in the street by an STV camera crew and they asked me ‘If you could describe the Union in one word, what would it be?’... so I might end up on tonight’s news :lol: I just wish the word had been either ‘Sturgeon’ or ‘Independence’, and I might have ended up on the news for a different reason.

The war on...Thanksgiving?

US President Donald Trump on Tuesday shared a bizarre theory that liberals were trying to rename Thanksgiving.

"You know, some people want to change the name Thanksgiving," Trump claimed during a wild rally in Sunrise, Florida.

Without giving any further details, he said: "They don't want to use the term 'Thanksgiving.'"

He told his supporters "we're not changing it," adding, "We're going to have do little work on Thanksgiving."

"People have different ideas why it shouldn't be called Thanksgiving," he said. "But everybody in this room, I know, loves the name Thanksgiving, and we're not changing it."

Heh...

Conservative radio host, provocateur and "boomer" doesn't like term, compares it to "n-word" on Twitter in since deleted tweet.

EIjjLMCWsAAl1LP.jpg

I think the funniest part of this is he was once fired from a radio gig for comments his employer believed were racist, and was later re-hired after having completed sensitivity training. One wonders if this response is a result of that training or if he's crying because he identifies as a member of the group being derided.

Boomers: "I'm tired of this SNOWFLAKE generation and their constant need for safe spaces! They need to grow skin! When my parents disagreed with me, they didn't give me safe spaces, they gave me the BELT!"

Millennials: "...Okay boomer"

Boomer: *unintelligible screeching*

Who da snowflake now?

wEiRd that Fox Atlanta haven't updated this 'story' with the reality that this scene was cut in 2014....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/cbc-trump-scene-home-alone-2-1.5408809

CBC spokesperson Chuck Thompson confirmed Thursday that Trump's scene and others were cut from the film five years ago to make way for commercials.

"As is often the case with feature films adapted for television, Home Alone 2 was edited for time," Thompson said. "The scene with Donald Trump was one of several that were cut from the movie as none of them were integral to the plot. These edits were done in 2014, when we first acquired the film and before Mr. Trump was elected president."

I guess it's only bAd journalists that add corrections to their work...

What a truly stupid **** this man is.

wEiRd that Fox Atlanta haven't updated this 'story' with the reality that this scene was cut in 2014....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/cbc-trump-scene-home-alone-2-1.5408809

I guess it's only bAd journalists that add corrections to their work...

What a truly stupid **** this man is.

Ironically enough I was watching them and they got it right on TV after I posted it. Oh well... Old news... I guess the Great Orange One needed something to complain about last night! :lol:

I'd hate to think what would've happened if they made cuts to a movie in which he had a more substantial role...

8vqENlf.jpg

Latest Posts

Back